[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, how long are we going to have to wait for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
Realistically, how long are we going to have to wait for this while rockstar milk gta online for every last drop ?

Also

>hopes, dreams, fears etc.
>>
>>344744592
>hopes
No online.

Co-op at most.

>dreams
Fun gameplay, interesting story, world design that's distinctive, charismatic protagonist.

>fears
GTAV 2.0
>>
Also, also

>tfw the release window is getting longer and longer even with a bigger team

Feels fucking awful tobehonest
>>
File: 20160712_103453.png (203 KB, 1440x2214) Image search: [Google]
20160712_103453.png
203 KB, 1440x2214
>>344745113
Forgot pic
>>
Who would be happy with a spin off like vice city before getting a new full blown number 6 ?

>tfw you pray for a new gta london but it probably will never happen
>>
File: RodneyMorash-Artwork.jpg (21 KB, 508x360) Image search: [Google]
RodneyMorash-Artwork.jpg
21 KB, 508x360
>>344745329
Bring back Rodney Morash.
>>
fuck GTA
its time for a new IP
>>
>>344745559
>Fuck one of the most consistant and best gaming series in history

Nah mate
>>
>>344745753
>most consistant
That's not a compliment.
>>
>>344745329
Considering the best games in the franchise have been spinoffs

>London
>Vice City
>San Andreas

I'd say it's a necessity at this point.
>>
>>344744592
I'm guessing launch title for the Neo or Scorpio
>>
>>344744592
We'll get Red Dead 3 first, so I ain't worried.
>>
>>344744592
Another two years, at least, before the first announcement. They haven't even released the single player DLC that's supposedly in development yet, and that'd be a way smaller and cheaper job than a brand new game. I'm hoping for a map that feels more interesting to get around, with fewer long stretches of nothing. I'd love a return to London, gangster era has so much potential with the technology they have, but I doubt they'll go there. What I fear, and honestly what I expect, is a shift in focus towards multiplayer, making GTA VI Online the main game with the single player tacked on. And if they could un-kill Johnny that'd be pretty neat.
>>
>>344744592
GTA VI will be an Division/Destiny style "mmo"
>>
>>344746838
I'm also convinced at some point were gonna get a 24/7 gta online. I think it's gonna be the single player like before, but with an always online options so you can see others running around doing shit. In my head it sounds amazing but I'm sure once limitations set in it's gonna be awful
>>
File: 1353039045667.gif (3 MB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
1353039045667.gif
3 MB, 470x264
>>344746978
>>
>>344747036
just make it like Dark Souls
"Yo shits getting robbed"
red player appears in the world
>>
>>344746680
>red dead 3

End this meme title bullshit please
>>
>>344746512
>>344746978
>>344747036
If anyone has the money and freedom to do it right, it's rockstar. Or valve, but they're too busy cucking people with csgo gambling.

I have faith rockstar could do it, especially since I would imagine they've learned from the technical mistakes of gta v Online.

But imo it seems like a giant gamble when you can just play it safe and make gta v again, wjth small refinements to the optional online modes.

With how everyone in 2016 thinks they're a critic and are vocal about it, they'd get backlash even if they did everything correctly
>>
>>344747202
To me, GTA5 felt like a lot of good ideas severely hampered by being primarily developed for last-gen hardware and only partially saved by the next-gen polishing it got. Then, they had to compromise and compensate for shitty hardware, now they've got players with consoles and PCs multitudes more powerful, so they've got a lot more freedom to work with.
>>
>>344747542
Ah yeah, I completely forgot gta v was a last gen game originally. you just made me even more optimistic.
>>
Does 5 have any singleplayer DLC?
>>
>>344747750
Nope not yet (and probably never will seeing as it came out 3 years ago)
>>
>>344744832
>No online.
Pretty irrelevant idea. If R* can't make both multi and a decent SP, they should be reprimanded. This whole "but it's the only decent life sandbox" is a simple remedy: just about every studio is as close as Twitter, and there are already games and engines that could be modded over basically immediately.

>co-op
Isn't this still not a thing?

>>344745113
They could produce a game much more quickly if they tried. They already have engine(s) produced, and it's as simple as not trying to spend 500M on music and VO.
>>
>Hopes
No online.

Only 1 character to control.

>Dreams
Multiple business options, heists, many houses, more things to do after you run out of missions.
I'm also all about those Easter Eggs.

>Fears
More of the 3 character gimmick
Too much focus on the Online mode
>>
>>344747653
Right, they bumped up the fidelity and max player count, but the core of the game is still last-gen tech. And of course they also now have the past few years of experience of working with GTA Online, they can better know what works well and what doesn't. I'll be disappointed if GTA6 ends up being multiplayer centric, but I'm sure they'll still do something amazing with it either way.

>>344747750
Nope. There were a few hints that there was going to be one DLC pack for each of the main characters, but not a peep from Rockstar about it. A lot of people think they've given up entirely since it's much cheaper and much more profitable to just keep slowly expanding GTAO and pushing shark cards.
>>
After the 10000000 GTAV updates, there is going to be literally no content in GTAVI. 99% of our favorite cars won't even be in the base game.

>yfw they make sure to add the Zentorno and Armored Kurama though
>>
Can anyone answer this genuinely: is gta O actually fun on consoles? It's so riddled with hackers on PC, but the idea always intrigues me.
>>
I'm just hoping for a protagonist with a story that's more than JUST "I want money". Claude wanted revenge, Tommy wanted freedom from the family that betrayed him and also revenge, CJ fucked everything up, Niko wanted reprieve from his life of war and also sought out some truths. None of the three protagonists of 5 have any grand motivation other than money, they all had pretty solid lives outside each other, and I know GTA isn't about the 'serious story' but some degree of personal stake makes the whole thing feel so much more satisfying.
>>
>>344748432
No.

Well I mean, no more than any other multiplayer game. GTAV's gameplay is just so boring and slow.
>>
GTA V started development in 2009 which was a year after the release of GTA IV

So they've more than likely already started development but it'll be a while. Hopefully they fix the god awful multiplayer and cop AI
>>
>focus on just 1 character
>make characters as memorable and fun like in SA
> mission design like in SA

yeah, just make a remake already
>>
>>344748750
>mission design like in SA
please no more territory control
>>
>>344745951
Unless you're correcting him on his spelling error, it is.
>>
>>344748841
yeah ok, ill give you that. that was fun for the first 20 minutes but then no more.

if done properly though it would have some potential. (or at least given the opportunity to turn them off)
>>
>>344748491
That's not fair, Michael was a sociopath in denial that claimed he wanted a normal life and to retire but was addicted to the life and couldn't admit it.

Trevor was the crazy edge lord criminal that was actually loyal to a fault, and had the most scruples of all the 3.

Franklin was like a less sociopathic version of CJ that wanted out of a life, but didn't know how to get out so he went deeper into it hoping that'd get him out, basically the lost kid of the group.

I think you're writing the game off for some reason, when it's not even bad.
>>
>>344748491
There's been plenty going on lately to satirize/draw inspiration from, what with Trump, cop murders etc.
>>
The next GTA will be multiplayer only
>>
>>344748432
Its quite fun yeh

Dont let the MUH GTA ONLINE IS SHIT naysayers put you off. Its not amazing, but me and my mates (all 25 years old inb4 underage) agree that its the most fun we've had online in years.

Just doing missions together, roaming around online and general banter is top notch tobehonest

I still qould take a full blow single player only new gta over a single and multi combined with more focus on multi though
>>
File: 1455565711649.jpg (13 KB, 200x256) Image search: [Google]
1455565711649.jpg
13 KB, 200x256
>>344746308
>London
>good
>>
>>344748020
>don't spend 500M on music and VO
>spergs at slash vee slash complain that game has shitty mucis and VO
>>
>>344752385
V does have shitty music and the characters/writing aren't necessarily interesting enough to warrant the overall budget.
>>
>>344744592
GTA5 is roughly 3 years old.

Expect to wait at least another 4.
>>
>>344744592
realistically, why are you even looking forward to another gta game? jewstar will make another billion from their cash shop alone, the next gta game is going to be even worse.
>>
>>344744832

so much this!
>>
>>344744592
I hope it's set in Las Venturas. Also hope you stick to a single character next time.
>>
>>344746308
San Andreas was hardly a spin off. It was a proper sequel that just didn't follow the numbering scheme for some reason.
>>
>>344744592
late 70's Chicago
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.