[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I haven't played a souls game, which one should I start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Bloodborne-2.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-2.jpg
301 KB, 1920x1080
If I haven't played a souls game, which one should I start with?
right now I can only play games on PS4
>>
>>344729204
Bloodborne.
>>
If you play Bloodborne first the other Soul's games should be relatively easy.
>>
>>344729204
The ideal way to play the souls series is in release order. There are so many changes throughout the series that get carried over and shit that any other way of playing it is wrong.

For the record, this is my favorite series and I played DaS1 first then went back and played DeS and I still believe this.
>>
Bloodborne is definitely the best for new players. Relatively easy while still having decent gameplay and the world is very interesting after you get past the werewolf bullcrap.
>>
>>344729204
Bloodborne, all the Souls except Demon's are overrated garbage
>>
>>344729204
play bloodborne
. DS1 and Demon's get credit for being different during a different time. DS2 and 3 are trash.
>>
>>344729297
Not really, they play differently.
He will learn to be aggressive in Bloodborne which he will be punsihed for in Souls games.
>>
>>344729481
demons is trash.
bb > ds1 > ds3 > ds2 > des
>>
>>344729791
I dunno, I played Souls games exactly how you said and it was a cakewalk
>>
>>344729204
Release order, skip DaS2
>>
>>344729204
Play them in this order:
DaS1
DeS
Bloodborne
DaS3
>>
>>344730507
you forgot darks 2
>>
>>344730583
Unfortunately I wasn't able to yet.
But I'm trying.
>>
>>344730728
what do you mean by that?
>>
>>344729204
I wish Bloodborne looked like that, god damn it.
>>
>>344729204
I agree with >>344729398

Ideal way is to play in release order, but Bloodborne is the most casual friendly souls game, so that might be a nice starting point.
>>
>>344729867
Demon's is literally the best one you faggot
>>
>>344729791
Estoc = saw cleaver
and I ass rammed all the games like that
>>
>>344734058
Estoc doesn't stun every hit.
>>
either Demon or Darksoul1
>>
Scholar of the First Sin
III
Bloodborne

That's the order I'd play them in. Scholar is really fucking long though, especially if you've never played a Souls game before so you might get burned out before you even get to the other games.
>>
>>344734396
>III before Bloodborne

Why?
>>
>>344734092
High dps and then learn to dodge. Ez games
>>
>>344733329
>considers ds2 worth playing
>confused by simple wordplay
can you get more retarded?
>>
Play souls in release order, and save Bloodborne for when you get burnt out on the series, whether that be halfway through the series or 200 hours into DaS3
>>
DeS > DaS > BB ~ DaS II > DaS III

Checkpoints breaking up levels is the worst thing to happen to the Souls series. Git Gud DaSfags
>>
>>344729204
>right now I can only play games on PS4

Then the only game you can play is Das3, considering 2 is absolute garbage, DeS and 1 aren't available on the console and Bloodborne isn't part of the series.
>>
>>344735263
I really liked how DeS and DaS handled their overworlds.

DeS was all hub-based but it was well designed

Everything in DaS was interconnected

I don't know about DaS 2 or 3 but bloodborne feels really disconnected at times.
>>
>>344737341
>bloodborne feels really disconnected at times.

Then you've somehow missed all those 9000 shortcuts everywhere.

Nothing can be worse than DaS2 though
>lava level above mountains
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.