[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where would you like to see the next installment set? And what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Gtalogo.png (16 KB, 546x432) Image search: [Google]
Gtalogo.png
16 KB, 546x432
Where would you like to see the next installment set? And what new features would you like to see?

Slums of Liberia with child characters?
>>
no more
>>
>>344729024
Why? It's a great series. Maybe overrated at times, but still great.
>>
Babbity
>>
>>344728945
>And what new features would you like to see?

putting back all the shit they removed
online mode where fun is actually allowed
no cash shop, no grinding
>>
File: 69fbI0Q.jpg (328 KB, 1024x800) Image search: [Google]
69fbI0Q.jpg
328 KB, 1024x800
>>344728945
Northern Ireland,Where you do missions for the IRA and UDA.
>>
>>344728945
I just want a world 2x-3x as big as V with all buildings able to be entered. They can charge $80-$100 for it for all I care as long as it has that.
>>
Cuckstar is just recycling old locales.

I wouldn't put it behind them to take San Fierro or Las Venturas and make separate $60 games with each location.
>>
- meta games, like taxi, firetruck, abmulance, vigilante

-make better gangs with their own missiosn and gang cars

-more interiors
>>
either london or a san andreas sized california.

the biggest let down of gta 5 was not being able to go to different cities/just having 1 major city.
>>
>>344728945
>Slums of Liberia with child characters

Fuck off, Solidus
>>
>>344728945
Somewhere new. San Andreas and Liberty City aren't going to stay interesting.

What I want is better gameplay. Less realism, more action.
>>
>>344730505
what a qt
>>
>>344730493
they didn't remove any important features
>>
File: bully.jpg (46 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
bully.jpg
46 KB, 412x500
a direct sequel to pic related, easily the best thing rockstar ever made
>>
I don't really care where it's set as long as it has multiple places to see on the map. GTA V was 1 city, a small town, a trailer park, and a bunch of wilderness
>>
>>344730567
what the fuck are you talking about? the cities on PS2 were nothing like the new ones
>>
>>344728945
Anyone who says any place outside of America will never get their wish. The series is built upon a satire of American culture and thus, it would defeat the purpose to set it anywhere else. That said, a predominantly """""progressive"""" city like DC or Seattle would be great places. They're different, there's a lot of hot topics to lampoon, there's liberals and conservatives to make fun of, and the settings will be interesting. Also, a new Vice City in modern times would be great. I grew up in and still visit Miami often and I would love to see what they say about it.
>>
Washigton DC. It's got political phonies, filled with both ultra liberals/conservatives and various criminal organizations perfect for a GTA game.
>>
>>344731056

No shit retard
>>
>>344731445
They made two games set in London.

Chinatown Wars might've been set in Liberty City but there wasn't all that much American culture about it.
>>
File: 39A.jpg (865 KB, 1904x1535) Image search: [Google]
39A.jpg
865 KB, 1904x1535
>>344728945
>Where would you like to see the next installment set?

Modern day Miami.

>And what new features would you like to see?

>improved gunplay and the complete removal of autoaim
>improved parkour mechanics
>customizing your vehicle's armor will only make them stop certain bullets, regular car doors can be penetrated by the weakest weapons
>ability to go prone and shoot under vehicles
>simplified and more fun multiplayer like in GTAIV
>more underwater missions/segments

Too bad Rockstar recognizes GTAO as a cash cow. No point in making a new GTA any time soon.

>I grew up in and still visit Miami often and I would love to see what they say about it.

I live in Miami. If they ever do, I could tell they would have a field day making fun of Wynwood
>>
San Fierro + oakland + san jose

mehicans, asians, niggers, tumblr characters
>>
>>344733335
I love Wynwood, though. Only "walking city" part of Miami besides Brickell and SoBitch
>>
>>344728945
Future setting.
City built in layers. Upper streets for the wealthy, and low areas are the slums.
Futuristic cars mixed with antiques.
Futuristic cars may have a self driving mode, that frees the player to shoot out the window.
Futuristic weapons.
X-ray spectacles
Hover shoes for fast on-foot getaways.
Device that allow remote jacking and controlling a car within the players line of sight.
Dating sim aspect that allows randomly generating potential partners from the various demographics, such as rich-girls, ghetto-girls, country-girls, sewer-mutants, wayward-nuns, etc, etc...
A robotic Candice Shand maid in every home.
Player should live at a wrecking yard, where they can drag their hundreds of stolen cars, and strip them down for parts.
Move parts from one car to another. For example, if the player has stolen a small economy car, and has stolen a huge truck, they could be capable of moving the powerful truck engine into the economy car.
Damage should be localized to car components instead of just totaling the car as a lump. Two wrecked cars may include enough good parts to make one good one.
>>
Vice City remaster with IV engine and SA mechanics. No multiplayer.
>>
>>344733335
I cant think of anywhere else. They've already done LC and LS twice, and aside from Miami those are the only two American cities most foreigners care about. They should definitely keep the whole 80s aesthetic tho. I miss playing VC and seeing the sunset and neon signs shine as I rode my freeway motorcycle down Ocean Beach. >>344731510
>>344730640
>Gangs
I would think a San Francisco setting would be the best for that. The city has so many colorful neighborhoods, North Beach (Little Italy), Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Japantown, etc. They could bring back the mafia, Yakuza, and Triads, I really want to see more of the Yakuza and Triads in the GTA games.
>>
>>344728945
Here comes gay main character, female main character, minority main character

Fucking you know it can't have white cis males as the main character, right?
>>
File: Bullitt.jpg (66 KB, 288x456) Image search: [Google]
Bullitt.jpg
66 KB, 288x456
>>344734120
So Blade Runner? That could work. Put it in a futuristic Los Santos or Neo-Tokyo a la Akira.
>>344733686
San Francisco has some crazy fucking wilderness outside of it, and its waters are infested with Great White Sharks. I also cant help but think of movies like Dirty Harry and Bullitt. There are parts of the city where the sidewalk has stairs, there are so many hills and crazy streets, it would make for some amazing insane stunts and car chases/races. Fuck now I want a GTA game in San Fierro.
>>
>>344734994
yeah because the game never had a minority main character right? fucking dumbass
>>
>>344734994
This upsets you?
>>
>>344734994
>gay main character
Trevor?

>minority main character
Franklin, CJ, Victor Vance or Huang Lee?

>female main character
Divine, Mikki, Katie, or Ulrika in GTA fucking 1?
>>
>>344734994
As long as its a minority character like CJ i could care less. Maybe an Asian MC like in Chinatown Wars.
>>
>>344730550
Also not just a small city ands huge desert
>>
>>344728945
GTA has always been about the american dream.
Next one will still be about some nobody who wants to climb to the top or make it rich.

But I would like to see their version of philly. A big industrious city would be cool
>>
File: 1466885988026.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
1466885988026.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1707
>>344728945
70's chicago
mc is a undercover cop

and fuck modern setting, shit's awful
>>
>>344735525
>But I would like to see their version of philly. A big industrious city would be cool
Isn't Philly like super dangerous? That would make for great game, maybe you could play as mobster from the Philly mob, for a while they where the most violent mob. Also, whats West Philly like now, is it also a shithole?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryll_jddgtU
>>
One protagonist and a return to the underworld grimey crime style that's always been with gta until V. Less Hollywood action and more neo noir underworld. Set it in a massive metropolis similar to Chicago, Pittsburg, or Philidelphia. I'd want the atmosphere and culture of the city to come through in the visual style. A lot more interior locations as well as a very large portion of enterable buildings. Bring back the mini games like the taxi missions etc. Loosen up the gunplay and make the driving a little less realistic. Generally just a conglomerate of 3, VC, SA, and IV.
>>
>>344735810
>modern setting is terrible
This is so true
>>
Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis area. 3 character gimmick stays, and you are a Dindu South Side Chicago gangster, Dirty Cop (being able to shoot the dindus), and a neutral criminal.
>>344730941
New York in another era could still be interesting. Los Angeles is done. Rockstar has done enough of LA already, and I'm from the god damn place.
>>
>>344735810
I would give my blini to this kot.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.