[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Team Fortress 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: Team Fortress 2.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Team Fortress 2.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
It's been about 3-4 years since I played tf2 and will all the talk about it recently I was thinking of playing it again should i?And what's changed?
>>
Played it for 20 minutes yesterday. Nothing of any real importance or value has changed. Don't bother.
>>
>>344723912
...well thats a good thing
I was worried they might have changed a lot in that amount of time
>>
>>344723743
more hats and some maps
>>
Shitton more community maps, and an official one here and there.

Pubs have been replaced with Casual Matchmaking. You can't play with the same people in the same server for more than two rounds (teams play each side once) but the quality of matches improved in exchange.

There is also now 6v6 competitive, with Highlander coming eventually.
>>
>>344723743
First off, a major page can be found here: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Patches

http://www.teamfortress.com/loveandwar/index2.htm

http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/

http://www.teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/

http://www.teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/war.php

If you left in 2012, most of what you've missed is more cosmetic and sound stuff and balance changes, there weren't very many new weapons.

The balance changes made a lot of weaker weapons viable (such as Cloak and Dagger), and made a lot of weapons people complained about balanced (such as Gunslinger). There are still outliers, but mostly the game has improved.
>>
>>344725189
you can still goto pubs in Community Servers
it's just the quickplay "I'm too lazy to find one" is gone
>>
File: free speed boost plan.png (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
free speed boost plan.png
36 KB, 512x512
Why the FUCK is this allowed?

Soldier is already one of the best damn classes in this game. He doesn't need a weapon that's clearly better than his stock.

Also Darwin's Danger Shield dodged a nerf yet again, are Valve not listening? It's broken.
>>
>>344725189
I've played 3 payloads in total and all of them were spawncamp fest

By our team of course
>>
>>344725360
>Sticky spam still a thing
>Sniper still a mess
>Scout just got a bunch of weird and mostly pointless changes
>Most medic primaries/melee still useless
>Heavy getting more and more nerfs

Valve needs to stop listening to b4nny for fuck's sake.
>>
>>344725849
How is engineer he's who i always played as
>>
>>344725990
The same, for the most part. Teleporters cost 50 metal now.
>>
>>344725990
Wrangler+rescue ranger+Jag is no longer the best combo, they got nerfs to their damage absorption, heal on hit, and hits taken to destroy sappers

Sappers now disable Sentries for .05s longer

Gunslinger now has only 50 health when placed which goes to 100 when complete, has a larger hitbox and takes longer to autobuild, but can have its construction sped up by hitting it, can be repaired

Short Circuit's ammo cost was changed, it costs 10 ammo to alt-fire and 5 ammo increasing for every projectile destroyed

Level 1 teleporters now cost 50 metal as anon said

Eureka Effect was buffed so that teleporters only cost 25 metal and you can choose to teleport either to your exit tele or to spawn, Widowmaker was buffed so it deals more damage if you're firing at the same target as your Sentry
>>
Spy moves as fast as the medic now, which makes an easy class even easier.
>>
>>344728453
what are you talking about? medic is a difficult class
>>
>>344729997
I mean spy. Tailing and trickstabs are easier than ever.
>>
File: bait-related filen(...).png (319 KB, 520x377) Image search: [Google]
bait-related filen(...).png
319 KB, 520x377
>>344730523
Assuming this post isn't what i think it is, try playing outside a pub
>>
>>344730710
>spy is difficult

Kill yourself
>>
>>344730710
Played 3 seasons of na silver. trickstabs are useful as desperation moves, many have gotten me out of tight situations.
>>
>>344723743
Ugly CS:GO weapon skins to go with your hideously tacky hats that you inexplicably paid money for.
A brand new matchmaking system that doesn't work very well or improve the quality of the matches you get put in, but hey there are still community servers so whatever.
Performance issues from a decade of unoptimized updates shoving yet more hats into the game.
Pyro is even more underpowered, but now he's not even allowed to be fun either.
Speaking of Pyro being useless, Spy no longer requires subtlety, skill, or a functional brain.
Demo still takes skill.
Soldier and Medic still carry every game.
Scout got one good melee weapon and a bunch of other shit that nobody cares about.
>>
File: matchmaking tests.png (930 KB, 1302x1002) Image search: [Google]
matchmaking tests.png
930 KB, 1302x1002
Is there really anything wrong with running several copies of the game and opting them all into the same matchmaking lobby together with the intention of sabotaging another team?

Is it really so wrong?
>>
>>344723743
The community is awful and now you have to play with retards by force if you ever expect to play with people who give a shit about playing the game correctly.

I.E just pick overmeme or dirty bomb.
>>
>>344730859
>spy is easy

Kill yourself pubshitter
>>
>>344731998
Spy is objectively easy
>>
So can I just play on 2fort over and over again like Used to?
>>
>>344732512
I don't know why you'd do that to yourself, but yes.
>>
>>344732090
Spy is objectively easy against morons and only morons

Play against non-shitters to see why
>>
File: b4nny hates idiots.jpg (103 KB, 660x589) Image search: [Google]
b4nny hates idiots.jpg
103 KB, 660x589
>>344725849
>Valve needs to stop listening to b4nny for fuck's sake.
You should be thanking him
twitch_tv/b4nny/v/77007877?t=133m15s
>>
>>344732583
It was either that or the trading map with 2 soccer nets and the pool in the middle (I don't remember the name)
>>
File: how to cure autism.png (1 MB, 1182x956) Image search: [Google]
how to cure autism.png
1 MB, 1182x956
>>344731736
>lenny face
12 year old redditor spotted
>>
Casual matches replaces quick play and ruined it.

Players can leave with no consequence, and there is no votekick so hackers are free to fuck everything up.
>>
File: test.png (631 KB, 1301x516) Image search: [Google]
test.png
631 KB, 1301x516
>>344732840
Welcome to TF2, anon.
>>
>>344732690
banny is a cuckold CoD player autist

literally
>>
File: sentry city.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sentry city.jpg
571 KB, 1920x1080
>>344732897
I think they're pretty great t.bh
>>
File: b4nny jew.png (68 KB, 191x172) Image search: [Google]
b4nny jew.png
68 KB, 191x172
>>344733078
b4nny _literally_ did nothing wrong
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.