[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>let slavers continue to mistreat slaves and search for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: WelcometothePitt.jpg (287 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WelcometothePitt.jpg
287 KB, 1280x720
>let slavers continue to mistreat slaves and search for a cure
or
>free slaves and let them search for a cure
How is this not black and white?
>>
>>344719612

>implying the slaves know shit

The whole point is that the oppressive slavers had scientific knowledge that could lead to a cure, while freeing the slaves would cause the knowledge to be lost, dooming them to a short and sick but free life.
>>
>>344719612
The slaves are fucking retarded and can't do a single thing right. The correct choice for the most good is siding with the slavers.
>>
>>344719612
>Lyons treats you with respect, never lies to you, always gives you a fair shake if you earn it
>slave rebellion constantly treats you like shit and tries to stab you in the back, and act like utter retards

Man, hard choice.
>>
Of course /v/ doesn't see anything wrong with brutal slavery, you bunch of edgelord teenagers.
>>
File: 1403466544905.png (45 KB, 231x277) Image search: [Google]
1403466544905.png
45 KB, 231x277
>>344719612
Or eat a baby,become the xure and kill both slavers and raiders
>>
I didn't believe that the people of the Pitt had a future, I picked the option that didn't drag new slaves from the Capital Wasteland into the Pitt. Fallout 4 determined that assessment was wrong.
>>
>>344719612
the slaves are a bunch of criminals and junkies

do you really want them in control
>>
>>344719612
>How is this not black and white?
Who ever said it wasn't?
>>
>>344720624
Dumb fuck. Of course brutal slavery is bad, but the alternative of dying a horrific death with no hope for a cure is a way worse fate.
>>
>>344719612
WHY ARE THEY SLAVES? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY WORKING ON?

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE LEADER HAVE A GROUP THAT RAIDS AND A GROUP THAT GETS """IRON"""?

WHY CAN'T HE JUST EMPLOY HIS RAIDERS GETTING IRON? WHY CAN'T HE JUST TREAT HIS "SLAVES" MORE HUMANLY SO THEY DON'T INVARIABLY REVOLT?

WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY NEED CONSTANT SUPPLY OF IRON? WHO ARE THEY FIGHTING? WHY?

NOTHING IN THE PITT MAKES SENSE
>>
The slaves don't have much in the way of scientific prowess. If you were to give them the baby not only would they most likely mistreat it since they're not its parents, but it'd take much longer for a cure to be created if at all. On top of that, no slaves means no workers which kills any resources or funds available to look into a cure. Sure, some slaves could remain behind to continue working but who would want to do that? Whereas the slavers have made significant progress and have tons of resources available which would mean a cure has a much higher chance of being created.

It's not the best written scenario ever, but it's certainly the most gray situation Bethesda managed to make in Fallout 3.
>>
>>344721212
You can apply this to literally everything Bethesda has made since Morrowind. Bethesda just stopped caring about making sense in 2004, and has since made less and less sense as time has gone on. It's why no one discusses TES lore anymore, they shredded it and shat on it so much it's utterly indecipherable now.
>>
>>344721212
Bethesda doesn't care about making sense, they just want every town to be a unique theme park
>>
>>344721212
Slavery itself is pointless on Capital Wasteland
who the fuck buy the slaves and what do they do
>>
>Why is this not black and white?

Because only blacks are slaves
>>
File: CathedraloflearningPitts.jpg (87 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
CathedraloflearningPitts.jpg
87 KB, 1000x667
a place with one of the lowest concentrations of niggers in America is basically a paradise and one of America's most livable cities

who woulda thunk it?
>>
It is black and white, except backwards from what the DLC has you assume at the beginning and has the same outcome when you really think about it. Ashur's wife says they're searching for a cure, but taking it slowly so they don't harm their baby. That one slave lady says they're going to search for the cure, but to not worry about the baby since they won't do anything to harm it.

Only difference is siding with Ashur means slavery but order and siding with the slaves means freedom but disorder, which will likely lead to more in-fighting and unregulated violence.
>>
>Free the Slaves
>they don't need to find a fucking cure for Troglodytism because they can just leave
>>
>>344721737
Characters say in dialogue that most slaves in the Capital Wasteland are sold off to the Pitt.
>>
>>344721872
oh, well that answer my question then
thanks
>>
>>344721768
What the fuck are you talking about? There are more black people in places like Philly but Pittsburgh and the area around it is still overflowing with them.

Once you get into rural PA though it's nothing but white people for miles and miles.
>>
>>344721737
>who the fuck buy the slaves
Ashur

I'm like 90% sure that's the canon explanation of why there's slavers but no slaves in the Capital Wasteland. Paradise Falls is an extension of Ashur's raiders or, at least, they deal exclusively with him because reasons.
>>
File: potato head egypt pyramid.jpg (175 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
potato head egypt pyramid.jpg
175 KB, 2048x1536
>providing food, shelter, and protection from outside forces in exchange for labor with no choice to opt out of the relationship is evil
>but taxation is fine
>>
>>344722926
The perspective in that picture makes me physically uncomfortable
>>
>>344719995
My problem is that I get the same perk in the same amount of time from either side so that implies that they were able to make the same amount of progress on the cure. When I first played it I assumed if I sided with the slaves there couldn't BE a cure but I guess not.
>>
>>344721992
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2011/09/05/Pittsburgh-metro-area-named-one-of-nation-s-least-diverse/stories/201109050151

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/career-workplace/2015/05/14/Pittsburgh-near-bottom-in-diversity-ranking/stories/201505140165

An account from 2011 and 2015.
>>
>>344719995
Sooooo....Brexit?
>>
>>344720917
In pretty much every fallout 3 thread people praise the pitt for having the only morally ambiguous choice in the whole world ever of all time.
>>
>let scientists mistreat citizens of boston but they're the only human community remaining with a future grounded in the old world
or
>let anti-technology and power mongering zealots enforce their rule over the people of boston leading to a future grounded in the new world
>>
>>344719612
correction
>let slavers continue to mistreat slaves and have a cure be made
or
>free slaves, take a child away from their mother, and let the former slaves kill a baby in search for a cure
>>
>>344724815
Fuck boston, and new england as a whole it gets too cold in the winter.
>>
>>344724456
It would be nice if you could come back later and depending on your choices a cure would be made. I also wanted the Tree Man's seeds to spread and make the land green again if you don't kill him but of course the game can't break the status quo that much.
>>
>>344725368
You know it'd just be a ground re-texture and a green filter over everything, if they had done that.
>>
>>344725368
>tree man
nigga das harold
>>
File: 1468027838876.png (80 KB, 300x307) Image search: [Google]
1468027838876.png
80 KB, 300x307
>>344721212

>WHY CAN'T HE JUST TREAT HIS "SLAVES" MORE HUMANLY SO THEY DON'T INVARIABLY REVOLT?

Anon pls
>>
>>344719612
>implying Wherner knew shit about medicine

Fucking slaves
>>
>>344721768
Go back to your containment board
>>
File: 1371871205507.jpg (41 KB, 287x499) Image search: [Google]
1371871205507.jpg
41 KB, 287x499
>>344721768
>cathedral of learning is alright looking from the outside
>they reproduced a bit of the facade for the game
>it's fucking awesome looking on the inside with a huge main floor and interesting nationality themed rooms
>they made it look like another office building in the game
>>
>>344726901
>Bethesda
>effort
funny guy
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.