[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times /v/ was wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: guild_wars_2_fullsize.jpg (403 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
guild_wars_2_fullsize.jpg
403 KB, 1920x1080
>Itching to play MMOs
>Everyone says pic related is shit
>Itch too strong, give it a shot
>It's fucking great

What other times you regretted listening to /v/?
>>
>>344707658

>implying /v/ doesn't shit on everything regardless of whether it is good or not
>listening to /v/ ever
>>
>>It's fucking great
so great you're shitposting on /v/ again
>>
File: yano.png (151 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
yano.png
151 KB, 500x282
>>344708041
First time I'm talking about GW here. Started last week.

It's got everything I've ever wanted from an MMO. It's both a sandbox and a themepark for fuck's sake.
>>
>It's great

Yeah play for longer than the first few hours. The entire game/hype was designed around the levelling and being a "different" mmo, and by all respects it was, but it gets real ol real quick and the endgame is awful.
>>
>>344707658
That shit box SJW game should have been named something else. It has nothing to do with Guildwars.
>>
>>344708534
>its perfect guys! I've only played a few days lol
>>
>>344708534
what exactly is sandbox about it to you
>>
How the fuck did you get past level 10? i got so bored by that time that i will bury it deep
>>
>>344708534
The only sandbox thing about is the fact that the player base is intellectually on the same level as the kids who play in a sandbox.
>>
I thought the game was fun, but if you don't enjoy PvP it has almost no late game.
>>
>>344708885
Sick burn
>>
>>344707658
GW2 is fucking awful, I never even played the first one either.

Engame is literally farming gold to buy mats to make a stupid pointless ugly legendary weapon.
The devs keep nerfing effective farming methods, even lowered rewards from dungeons to blackmail players into buying the xpac.
>>
>>344707658
Life must be great when your taste is shit enough to enjoy literal garbage.
>>
>>344707658
I hope you like it just dont expect any new content
>>
No Man's Sky Soon
>>
>>344708534
It's a shitty grind tread mill (grinding for gear, crafting and the million different currencies) with boring combat, garbage story, atrocious missions, gimmicky repetitive quests and loot boxes inside loot boxes inside loot boxes.

Buy hey if your enjoying it then good for you.
Just don't let it hook you!
>>
>>344708718
The game rewards exploration and the dynamic events + renown hearts system is way better than traditional fetch questing (despite, when it comes down to it, being the same thing - but the presentation matters).

>>344708980
I've heard about if having little end-game, but from what I've heard, it's just a matter of stabilishing personal goals and going after them.

Also the fact that leveling in this game is fun, so just making a ton of characters and trying them out will be pretty fun by itself.

>>344709259
Every MMO is a grinding tread mill by the end. The difference if it will force you to grind on a rail until endgame or give you the freedom to do it however you want.

Ragnarok did the latter and GW2, at least until now, seems to be the same. Just go and do wathever you want to do.
>>
>>344709150
First one's game play still holds up awesome. Just nobody really plays it anymore so it's just a solo game now.

My favorite builds aren't even the ones that kill fastest they are the ones that dick your opponent the most. Nothing like locking down a caster with Domination or rangers/warriors/assassins with Illusion builds.

Hell when Factions was in it's betas I had fun with my monk just going into RA and spamming Pacifism on every assassin I saw while my team just wailed on the rest of the enemy team.
>>
>>344707658
It was pretty good until you hit max level, than there was fucking nothing to do and there STILL fucking nothing to do. They literally refuse to add more dungeons.
>>
It's great until you hit max level and the storyline turns to complete shit and there's fuckall to do. But no matter the (justified) hate I really liked the leveling content and the world design.
>>
>>344709467
Yeah the late game is a bit lacking but if you enjoy leveling, and the gameplay in general, you will get rewarded for your time spent. If you make it to level cap and still enjoy it, I would get Heart of Thorns.
>>
>>344709259
You basically just described most MMO's, though. 14 especially - and everyone seems to love it. Despite the fact that "end game" is just grinding for one level of gear so you can grind for the next level of gear.
>>
>>344707658
>embarrassing sjw story
>autistic fanfic races added for no reason
>$60 dlc
>ugly, garish faux painterly artstyle with horrible armor and clothing options
>everyone almost completely forgets about how genocidal and evil the charr were because "DEY WAS GUD BOYZ, DEY JUST HAD BAD LEADURS. DEY DINDU NUFFIN"
>shameful plant-elves existing
>>
File: 292120_20160402152204_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
292120_20160402152204_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I enjoyed
>Guild Wars 2
>Drakengard 3
>Final Fantasy XIII
>Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
>DmC: Devil May Cry
>Star Fox Adventures
>The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Me liking a game /v/ hates is somewhat common.
On the other hand, there are games recommended to me by users of /v/ that I wound up disliking. This includes:
>Monster Hunter IV Ultimate
>Gunstar Heroes
>>
>>344708534
I'd love to see you swallow your words in a couple more weeks.
>>
Once you've explored the whole map there's nothing worth doing unless you really want to grind a gorillion hours for prettier weapons
>>
>>344707658
>Itching to play MMOs

Its not, its because your dad did'nt fuck your ass today yet.
>>
>>344709745
Yeah, I'm planning on getting it. I was a bit mad at the restrictions at first, but then I understood that the F2P version is literally a trial, just without a level cap. Still, I'm looking foward to leveling some other classes instead of the traditional Melee/Tank safebox I usually play as, and trying the fractals and shit at the end-game.

And WvW, this was the thing I wanted to try the most since I heard about this game back at like 2011, though I've heard the mode is a bit dead.
>>
>>344709467
>>344709754
>every mmo is like this
That's mostly true, makes it all the more disappointing because guild wars 1 (pre eye of the north) really wasn't.
>>
File: 1451251651503.jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
1451251651503.jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
>GW2
>good
>>
>>344710308
>Says a game isn't good
>Thinks being SJW-friendly makes it so.

Honestly the only guy that gave a reasonably valid reason for disliking the game in this thread was >>344709259 .

Do you have an actual reason why you feel this game is bad or it's just because of your imaginary boogeyman? Because so far I'm only seeing a fun game that allows me to explore a pretty well-crafted world and have a great class design thanks to telling the trinity to go fuck itself.
>>
>>344710736
It's not imaginary when all future content is curtailed for the self insert wankfest story. Remember the dragons? OH YEA THE DRAGONS! You know, the ones you got the group of assholes together supposedly to defeat to keep them from destroying everything?

BUT OH NO! SUPER DUPER VILLAINESS IS SOO MUCH MORE EVILEREST!

The writing of that shit is Gordon Freemans Brother level shit.
>>
File: gw002.jpg (182 KB, 880x740) Image search: [Google]
gw002.jpg
182 KB, 880x740
>>344710736
>>344709259

its only a grind if u want to grind, u can have a full stuff with few golds, the only things u grind is skins and success
leveling masteries can be a little long, but its nothing like a true grind

the mission and difficulty are better with the new content, raid are fun and hardcore, and the new event balanced in a way you can do it alone

the box inside a box inside a box that loot other box that loot trash stuff that u need to recycle is the cancer of this game tho

also dont exept the 60fps in ultra when there are + 40 player around unless u have a +2k$ config

also im darkness
>>
>>344708534
see you in a couple weeks whining about the game ^.^
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.