[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time.

It's great, but I'm kind of confused that Lucina is in fucking everything, on all the merchandise and spinoffs and shit, and yet she doesn't really seem to do much in-game. I figured she'd at least warrant all this attention.

She saves Chrom from things he doesn't seem to have much difficulty handling in the first place, in either other cutscenes or in-game, where he's pretty much just been handling half the map by himself once he got some levels in him, especially once he got Aether. Not to mention every ambush she saves them from already has a couple other agents arriving to intervene like Panne or Henry.

Then once she joins it basically returns to Chrom asking Robin to think up a battle plan, then he leads the assault himself and has a verbal squaring off with the villain, and then Lucina says something just to remind us she's here too.

It feels almost as contrived as Lyn's contributions during Eliwood's part of the game in the GBA Fire Emblem, or the weird way FE12's avatar was worked in, or again just how they forgot the tactician existed half the time in the GBA Fire Emblem.

Her sister is cute though.
>>
Because Marth.
Marth is the most popular FE character, main character of the first game, and the franchise was supposedly gonna get the axe if awakening didn't sell well enough. So they decided to go out with a bang.

Ironically she's not even pushed with the avatar despite her popularity might lead one to believe, shes literally just riding on Marth's popularity.

But yeah IIRC all Girl Marth really accomplishes is saving Basilio and indirectly cause most of the events in the game to happen earlier than they did in her timeline.
>>
>>344708047
She doesn't even feel like a girl Marth, in either her masked form or her actual persona. More like just a girl dressing up like Marth.

The one that actually feels Marth-ish is Robin.
>>
>>344706815
It's called a meme character. A cute though.
>>
>we need a third Marth in Sm4sh
>>
>>344706815
Because the masses have shit taste who for some reason married Lucina.
All these years later and I still don't get it. It's not exactly pushed either.
>>
>>344710613
I mean, if you could, why not
>>
>>344706815
i would've liked her if she was stacked like Noire
>>
>>344711841
Because the game has much better candidates for brides in my opinion. Why would you marry Lucina when you could marry Cherche?
>>
>>344712123
Cherche would have been top tier if it weren't for worst boy being her son.
>>
>>344712025
>almost all of Lucina's potential mothers have decent sized-to-large breasts, ESPECIALLY Sumia
>Lucina doesn't even have to bind her chest to pass as Marth
>>
>>344713907
>Implying
Sumia, Maribelle, Olivia, and Robin all have modest but well rounded and perky busts. Esp Maribelle. Her's are fucking perfect.
>>
>>344714484
>and Robin
>not playing as the adult body Robin
Holy fuck people, get it together.
>>
best girl
>>
>>344714758
They're not that big.
Compare the size of them to her head.
>>
>>344714758
>old hag Robin instead of loli Robin
I'm detecting a fag
>>
>>344706815
What's even worse is how it's brought up that Virion is Valmese royalty in all of one chapter and never brought up again
>>
File: 1463705908635.png (439 KB, 677x670) Image search: [Google]
1463705908635.png
439 KB, 677x670
What's enjoyable about Awakening? How is it so successful?
Not trolling, I played it 2 times and I kept finding myself getting annoyed at how unbearably boring Chrom was as a lead role. The support conversations were all relatively bland, as they were just one character's main (and usually only) character trait mixing with another character's one character trait. Henry was pretty good, but apparently he's an entirely different character in the JP version.
I also heavily disliked how they essentially undid all of the plot related deaths just so you could get the character in postgame and marry them, it feels as if this game gives up it's storytelling aspects in favor of the dating sim aspects. People kept going on about how this was THE 3DS rpg, but everything about the game itself felt so manufactured, like a KyoAni series.
>>
>>344715659
>What's enjoyable about Awakening?
Honestly, it's one of my favorite 3DS games because being the min-max faggot that I am, breeding the ultimate characters is just a lot of fun to me
The plot is fucking stupid though, but it's still better than Fates' plot
>>
>>344715469
Well, I mean, it's not like you ever go visit Rosanne, especially since much of the Valm trip is securing Tiki and fighting Vichy Chon'sin.
>>
>>344715659
> In the Japanese version, however, he is portrayed more as "damaged goods", his parent's neglect and the torture he endured in the institution he was sent to made him unable to express emotions normally, and also caused him to lack any morals. He has abandonment issues and tends to be clingy towards his lovers. He acts more innocent and child-like, despite his murderous tendencies. He laughs at inappropriate times, but does not make puns and jokes like in the English version.

Straight from the wiki

TL;DR: Instead of being a jokester, he's much softer
>>
>>344706815
>I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time.
>It's great
If you don't mind, could you elaborate on that? What makes it great?
I know it's a popular opinion but I just can't understand why this game is so well received. The gameplay mechanics are a complete mess and the game isn't balanced at all (it's not a matter of being "too easy", it's just not fun to play for anyone because there's a high RNG factor and optimal tactics are very simple), the level design is absolutely horrible, the story is cheesy and poorly written, the characters are one-dimensional and annoying, the online/extra content is pointless (if only there was actual PvP so the eugenics component would have some use), and more. The music is OK i guess. Even the "waifu" elements are very shallow compared to games that focus on that stuff. Anyways I don't understand why people like this game so much, please enlighten me.
>>
>>344715659
>What's enjoyable about Awakening? How is it so successful?
The family factor. Breeding the ultimate army. That's where the replayablity comes from atleast.
>>
File: 27141805_p13.jpg (136 KB, 462x582) Image search: [Google]
27141805_p13.jpg
136 KB, 462x582
>>
>>344706815
Female lord who isn't completely overshadowed by the males either character-wise or stat-wise. That's why Lyn's popular but Eirika and Micaiah aren't.
>>
I want to lick Lucina's delicious small breasts.
>>
File: NaSiaIw.jpg (453 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
NaSiaIw.jpg
453 KB, 2048x1536
>>344715872
>>344716275
>making the ultimate characters
This is why I adore Disgaea. FE is limited as fuck compared to Disgaea.
>want to use Rinka
>her growths are absolute shit so she falls behind

>want to use my favorite character, Asagi
>it's entirely possible to make her the strongest entity in the game if I wish
Disgaea is also a lot more fun in general, I recommend it to anyone who plays Fire Emblem.
>>
The whole point of Lucina's character is to appeal to people who jerked off to that blue-haired girl with a sword from Melee before learning who "she" is.
>>
>>344715872
I agree. There's just something about seeing your units achieve max strength that's so satisfying.
>>
File: 1456168398156.png (89 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1456168398156.png
89 KB, 400x240
>>344717857
>disgaea good in any regard
>grindfags
>>
>>344717485
Those characters you mentioned aren't popular because they're no longer relevant. Lucina will have more longevity tha ks to waifu loyalty and Sakurai being a fag who finds her "funny".
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.