[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games allow me to be a necromancer and raise an army of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: NecromancerCover_Springborg[1].jpg (212 KB, 1600x992) Image search: [Google]
NecromancerCover_Springborg[1].jpg
212 KB, 1600x992
What games allow me to be a necromancer and raise an army of undead?

Bonus points if the game also lets you combine body parts of the deceased to create abominations. (I doubt such a game exists, though.)
>>
Play Overlord and pretend the imps are undead.
>>
Diablo 2
>>
Good luck on finding a game that actually lets you be a necromancer that isn't a giant pain to play/get running/isnt shit.

Summoners are like RTS/Arena FPS genre, no one does them properly anymore and when they try, it's always awful nonsense.

I'm so fucking sick of summon classes having some fucking bullshit catch to them.
>>
Path of Exile's pretty fun as a summonmancer. You'll only end up with about a dozen minions but they're all pretty powerful and you can customize their skills.
>>
File: Undead_Knights_cover[1].jpg (52 KB, 256x442) Image search: [Google]
Undead_Knights_cover[1].jpg
52 KB, 256x442
Basically a musou game with zombies. You can turn people you fight and you and your zombie entourage go around maps wrecking shit, and you can order them to raid towers and form undead bridges for you to cross moats.

I'm making it sound a lot better than it is, but how this never got a sequel on better hardware and yet every other musou does is sad because there's some untapped potential there.
>>
File: cover_large[1].jpg (289 KB, 600x832) Image search: [Google]
cover_large[1].jpg
289 KB, 600x832
>>344695163
>Bonus points if the game also lets you combine body parts of the deceased to create abominations
>>
ARPGs.
Titan Quest, TIAOVH, Grim Dawn, Diablo 2, Path of Exile, etc.
>>
>>344695575
>Good luck on finding a game that actually lets you be a necromancer that isn't a giant pain to play/get running/isnt shit.
>
>Summoners are like RTS/Arena FPS genre, no one does them properly anymore and when they try, it's always awful nonsense.
>
>I'm so fucking sick of summon classes having some fucking bullshit catch to them.

Yeah what the fuck is with this shit?
>Oh wow you can play a necromancer in this game.
>But it only end game, you have to get to level 100 or complete 3/4 of the game to unlock the abilities otherwise you are a generic summoner.
>Get all that stuff needed.
>Just two spells like raise dead.
>They are shit.
>>
>>344697001

Don't get me started dude. It's like a conspiracy seriously.
>>
d2 necromancer, every ladder season it was a joy to start one

the witch nigger in d3 had a decent summon build a while back before I dropped it

need a game like witcher 3, that kind of environment but with a necromancer instead
>>
>>344696050
How about a reverse musou where it's you and you're army of the dead vs 1 maybe 2 heroes, that when left alone can just scythe their way through your horde to wreck your ass hole, and you have to manage the "battle" by buffing your skeles and zombies as well as by debuffing and slowing the good guys?
>>
>>344695163
>combine body parts of the deceased to create abominations
Divinity 2
>>
>>344695163
some Oblivion mod I remember where it had you collect different bits to build a construct
>>
>>344696458
>Titan Quest
>Grim Dawn
And no necromancer was found
>>
There really should be a good undead empire building game. That being said Warcraft 3 undead campaign and unholy death knights in WoW are pretty neat.
>>
>>344695163
Divine divinity did this iir
>>
>>344697881
Titan Quest has a spirit mastery
>>
>>344695163
warlords battlecry 3
dominions 4
>>
seconding dom4 and diablo 2 lod

Also heroes of might and magic has a legit necromancer. 3 is the best but every version has a similar playstyle.
>>
>>344697939
>Open world RPG as a Necromancer
>Have to sack and kill people in small villages to build your horde to attack larger settlements and cities
>Eventually gain so many minions you can create champions to lead other hordes to take and hold territory on the campaign map
>Enemy special units and heroes appear in battles, forcing you to directly intervene or risk losing your horde.
>Base building, spell crafting and equipment system
>>
Would any of you be interested in a hotline miami type game where you play a necromancer with no attack abilities and generate minions out of enemies every level to get through?
>>
>>344699289

No because that sounds fucking awful.
>>
>>344698729
Open world like mount and blade is open world or open world like GTA and RDR?
>>
>>344699289
That sounds like horseshit
>>
File: VC-army-sega.jpg (94 KB, 942x509) Image search: [Google]
VC-army-sega.jpg
94 KB, 942x509
Total War: Warhammer obviously.
>>
>>344699758
Technically Grave Guard are wights, no mindless zombies/skellies.
>>
Speaking of which is there a game where I can play as a spoopy skelly like in that skyrim mod?
>>
>>344699383
>>344699665
WELL I GUESS I'M NOT RELEASING IT ANYMORE
>>
>>344699289
>necromancer with no attack abilities
>generate minions out of enemeis
What will you kill your first enemy with?
>>
>>344700505
How are we even supposed to kill people to start necromancing?
>>
>>344700589
You'll wait it out until he gets an accident or dies of old age
>>
>>344700501
medievil (if I spelt it correctly). You are literally a skeleton.
>>
File: tormented-590x442.png (294 KB, 590x442) Image search: [Google]
tormented-590x442.png
294 KB, 590x442
>>344695163
Mount & Blade Solid and Shade you faggot...

>Raise an undead army?
check
>Use bodyparts as crafting materials to create zombies?
check
>>
>>344700681
shit, now it actually sounds better
>>
>>344700689
Adding that to the ps1 emulation list, anything else to suggest? The spoopier the better.
>>
>>344695281
Overlord is pretty meh
>>
>>344700695
>Bodybag
check
>Knife
check
>Victim
check
>Ropes
check
>Location
Check

>MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
>>
>>344697001
My assumption is that summoning and controlling a larger army of undead would be a massive resource hog and fry toasters, which most game companies don't wanna do since casuals (AKA the money) play on toasters and consoles, which are worse than toasters.

I think to do a necromancer character in a game right it'd need to be the main character and focus of the game, and the game's engine would have to be built around summoning and controlling a huge amount of characters at once.
>>
>>344700695
Unfortunately it takes literally ages to build up half a decent army and requires many expensive materials. Kind of breaks immersion to have to go buy gold and diamons in major cities to replenish your philosopher stones to bolster your numbers with more undead.
>>
>>344695163
Dominions 4, nyagguh
>>
>>344695163
Stubbs the Zombie

You're not exactly a necromancer, but everyone you kill/eat who has a head gets up and you cna sorta direct them. Plays like 3rd person halo 1 too
>>
>>344700860
Obviously, Medievil 2. The whole medievil series, even.
well, there is one game, although I remember people gave it a lot of shit.
I think it's called Shadowman.

That's all I can think of for now.
>>
>>344701218
been eyeballing this game for a long time now, seems quite interesting. How high the autism level in that game?
>>
>>344700860
Stubbs the zombie. You're a zombie, not a skelly though.
Seriously one of the few games made my original Xbox worth it.
>>
File: rome.jpg (25 KB, 314x236) Image search: [Google]
rome.jpg
25 KB, 314x236
>>344701625
maximum
>>
>>344701625
Medium to high. If you can't handle, say, the basics of Dorf Fort, you're probably not gonna like Dominions.
>>
I haven't played it in ages, but I heard that there is necromancy in Dwarf Fortress these days.
>>
>>344701852
>the basics of Dorf Fort
That's already too much autism
>>
>>344702158
>>344702158
Most of Dorf fort's issues lies with the interface though.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.