[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever get a new Dragon Age that can be equal or possibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 6164314617311142.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
6164314617311142.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Will we ever get a new Dragon Age that can be equal or possibly better than Origin?

I know that the old team is no more, but there is still hope.. right?
>>
>>344681691
no
>>
>>344681691
All hope died after realease of Dragon Age II, and was bring back as a fucking undead-despair after release of Cuckquistion.
>>
After the Witcher 3, ther is a demand after high fantasy of quality. So it is possible that they put more time in the product
>>
File: Kinako-bou.jpg (142 KB, 1438x944) Image search: [Google]
Kinako-bou.jpg
142 KB, 1438x944
I am nonironically considering buying DA:I if it drops to 10-15 bucks in a future sale.
I replayed DA:O and I want to see if there's really all hope lost.
>>
>>344682460
Dragon Age: Origins >>>> Awakening >>>>>>>> Dragon Age II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....>>>> Inquisition

I have fell for it and I paid full price for this piece snigle-MMO shit.
>>
>>344682460
Just pirate it
>>344682801
DA:I is better than 2
Just ignore the open world like you should do in every other AAA game released these days
>>
>>344682801
>Dragon Age: Origins >>>> Awakening
wut. awakening is among the best expansions of all time.
>>
>>344683045
I remember before DA2 came out when people thought Awakening was as shit as it could get
>>
I recently wanted to replay DA:2, which I bought for xbox, and I cannot for the love of god find the disc. I don't even know why I spent that much time searching for it, but it's really like the gods want to protect me from playing it again.
>>
>>344682460

It was on sale for like $5 a few weeks back. It has some huge flaws but it's worth ~15 if you care about the series.
>>
I dearly hope so.
I know why some people say it's generic, and so on but somehow the game, with all it's characters and atmosphere really hit my buttons. Must have played through it at least 5 different times, I'd be glad to see an actual worthy successor to it.
>>
>>344681691
The team of DA:O tried to make project of their own and that was a massive flop, wasn't it?
>>
I liked Inquisition, the idea was great, and every RPG game that has a an upgradeble HQ gets a plus point in my book. The problem with Inquisition was however the lack of rewards for doing Side-quests and the abrupt end-battle. I would really liked if you could buy with gold upgrades for the castle in a bigger degree.
F.ex fix the walls, giving your soliders better armor. and also have more control of your army.....short told, i want Inquisition to be Suikoden 2..
>>
>>344683721
I was aiming at the Goty edition though, because I heard good things about the DLC. I guess the deal is more or less inevitable, just a matter of time really.
>>
File: what is that i hear.jpg (14 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
what is that i hear.jpg
14 KB, 500x375
>>344682084
>was bring

>>344682801
>Dragon Age II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....>>>> Inquisition
>>
>>344684083
Sword Coast Legends
It's fine, people just got assblasted because they expected D&D
>>
>>344682405
It's not about quality, it's about bringing back oldschool gameplay even if it's clunky. Clearly they have no intention anymore of not catering to the stupid console ARPG crowd.
>>
>>344681691
Considering that every game in the series id worse than the previous one, I wouldn't get my hope high.
>>
>>344682801
Fucking this.
For all DA2's bullshit, it at least felt like a) Dragon Age or at least b) an RPG
DAI's story was the worst by far, it just lost any semblence of sense after winter palace. After that point nothing had sense. Characters were bland and boring as fuck and gameplay was just MMO.
DA2 at least had a fucking tactical view that was actually usable.
>>
>>344681691
no hope, bioware is no mo
>>
>>344681691
>Nice sad song in the first chapter
>unnecessary pompous mama-mia style choir in the third

When did it all go so wrong? I literally felt cringe at that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qJ2kiwwTMs
>>
I really enjoyed DA:I. I put over 100 hours into the campaign just to beat it once, never tried the dlc yet
>>
>>344685220
Just to compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAANKFPchtA
>>
>>344685220
Leliana's singing was just as stupid and out of nowhere as the choir
At least it was skippable IIRC
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.