[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to play this series for the first time from the start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: megaman_battle_network_versions.png (604 KB, 1098x1111) Image search: [Google]
megaman_battle_network_versions.png
604 KB, 1098x1111
About to play this series for the first time from the start.
Which of these fucking games do I play when it goes all Pokémon-y? Are there any big differences between the versions, any consensus on which are the best of each iteration?
>>
Blue is generally considered an updated version of White. But don't play that one because you're aren't a casual fuckboii, are you anon?
The rest just take a look at the designs of the navis and pick which ones you think are cooler.
>>
>>344675001
Blue
Red Sun and Blue Moon are weird. iirc Red Sun has two giga chips that require dark soul while blue moon only has the one, but signal red is a garbage chip anyway so really there's only 3 usable gigas in each game. I prefer Red Sun's souls, though

Protoman and Colonel are both good games, Colonel is slightly easier due to the team composition but the DS version is the one you should be playing so it doesn't matter
>>
>>344675001
For 3 it barely matters, people will tell you Blue, but the Blue exclusive card is broken as fuck and makes the game piss easy, and the bonus boss isn't even interesting enough to be worth it.

For 4-6, look up the Soul forms that are exclusive to each game and decide your version based on which ones you like the most, since that's the main thing you will noticing as you play.
>>
Absolutely must plays: 3 (Blue), and 6 (Falzar)
Play it if you liked the above: 2 and 5 (if possible Double Team DS)
Avoid like the plague: 4 and 1 (though this one is just outdated, 4 is just outright unplayable)
If you're a badass macho man : Starforce 3
>>
File: 22.jpg (3 MB, 2424x3352) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
3 MB, 2424x3352
>>344675001
>Are there any big differences between the versions
They're much greater differences than Pokemon. The BN3 ones are mostly similar, but from 4 onward the version affects half of the bosses you fight, the forms you get, and in 5 and 6 the extra navis you can use. Hell, it heavily affects 5 because of the different navis you get during liberation missions.

For BN3, I'd recommend Blue because, like >>344675987 says, it gives you a broken-ass super chip and it has Punk. For 4-6, figure out which of the navis in them look cooler to you. For example, here are some of your choices for BN4.
>>
MMBN3 Blue is the best, no questions asked. There is no debate in MMBN games, like the original megaman which you can argue if 2 is better than 3 or vice versa. Or MMX serie that you can argue if X2 is better than X3 or the other way around (being MMX the superioar of the X series).

Just start. Stop reading more replies.
>>
>>344676469
Don't listen to this faggot.
Play BN1 first, but drop it when it bores you, since you'll appreciate how much the series changed when you start BN2. The series us best played in chronological order, though BN4 is skippable if you want. You'll go back to it anyways to get your BN fix.
>>
4-5-6 are purely preference as to what crossover powers you want. I personally went Red Sun, Colonel, and Gregar. It's the most important in BN5 because you actually get control over those "guest" characters for missions, rather than just power-ups like in 4 and 6.

For BN3, there's no good reason to play White at all. Blue is superior in just about every way. They really fucked up that first version difference. I read up on it once and it seemed like in Japan they had a slight rerelease (similar to Red/Blue then Yellow, sort of) where their Blue equivalent was the rerelease and an improvement in every way. Then for the US release they made two, one being the older version, and that being White.
>>
>>344677345
Yeah originally Blue was just their remaster of White because of how glitchy it was in japan.

>>344675001
You can skip one and four if you want. For one all you need to know is the following (SPOILER):

Megaman is Lan's dead brother

If you wanna play it anyways and don't want to read the spoiler just know that it feels really clunky in comparison to the others.

You can just skip 4 because literally nothing happens in it and it's boring as hell.
>>
Well, 5's story is a continuation of some things that happen in 4, so you need some context for it.

I was so hyped for BN5 before it came out. The team of Navis thing sounded amazing. But it's the only one I've never beaten, because I fucking suck at the liberation missions. Hate them so much. Which sucks, because that's when you get to play as the other Navis, which is what I had been excited about...
>>
>>344679139
Not really at all. All you need to know is what darkchips are and that Regal is evil, both of which get explained as soon as they become relevant to 5. Nothing else that happens in 4 matters for 5.
>>
Mudafacking MMBN4!
>>
BN 2 and 3 are god tier.

Everything else is shit.
>>
>>344679561
>6
>shit

5 is debatable depending on if you enjoy liberation missions, purposefully terrible chip code distribution, and everything being harder than in the other games.
>>
>>344675001
The only one that matters is Team Colonel, because it has an extended ending and introduces Baryl, who you will be expected to know in BN6 when he shows up.
>>
File: 1465718529324.jpg (31 KB, 266x340) Image search: [Google]
1465718529324.jpg
31 KB, 266x340
>>344679561
>6
>shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.