[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you improve XIV in a reasonable fashion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: C1s3W06.jpg (499 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
C1s3W06.jpg
499 KB, 1600x900
How would you improve XIV in a reasonable fashion?
>>
get rid of all the weeaboos.
>>
>>344666852

>get rid of 90% of the game's population

I don't think that's a good idea anon.
>>
>>344666718
>buff and debuff indicators used to look much better and have a number timer
why did they scratch this for the wow method of
>debuff from monster z does x
>debuff form monster y also does x
>the icons are different because fuck you
>>
>>344666718
A journal with tons of story information like they had in kingdom hearts would be super rad
>>
Drop the GCD to 1.5 seconds

Force the duty roulette's bonus reward to switch role every hour

Double and Triple ground mount speeds, either make them unlockable at levels 40 and 60 or make us do quests or achievements for them

More class leveling synergy. Arcanist, Scholar and Summoner all level at the same time. Other classes need this as well.

Basically, just minor quality of life changes
>>
>>344667095

I also prefer the FC crests to the dumb <<LOL>> thing they went with instead

The stylized name plates are pretty cool too. Not sure why they went with the boring flat color generic text ones
>>
File: ffxiv_01252015_100630.jpg (1003 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_01252015_100630.jpg
1003 KB, 1920x1080
Larger FC focused content. Game has been out for almost 3 years and still no reason to be in an FC.
>>
>>344667193
Your ideas are stupid
>>
A different style of endgame that doesn't revolve around weekly capped currency grinding, or weekly capped raid drops

Just fuck off with the caps in general. I'd prefer rare drops over currency grinding and caps. Just makes the game feel like a job and burns me out
>>
Get rid of tab targeting and re haul everything to be action combat.
>>
>>344666718
More than one weapon per class.
>>
>>344669116

What would this change? Unless they completely retool their stat system, any weapon is just going to be an ilvl stick. it also doesn't help that classes do universal damage types. Even when monks have giant ass claws, they still do blunt damage. So what's the point?
>>
>>344669574
That's what made some classes more interesting in FFXI, viability to use other weapons like Samurai using a polearm in Colibri parties.
>>
File: 20160623231428_1.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160623231428_1.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
make it more like GW2
>>
>>344670104

Weapons were more than just stat sticks in XI. Not so much in XIV. Until they make stats more varied, deep and interesting, multiple weapon types wouldn't serve much of a purpose
>>
>>344666718
>that ui
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>344670316
Yes, that's why I couldn't stand XIV at release. The armor progression was pretty lame and there was nothing with unique traits like double attack.
>>
>>344666718
Combat similar to what 1.23 had but in an engine that doesn't suck

So basically what they suggested the game was going to be when they released that picture
>>
>>344666718

Remember when this game was so bad that they had to take it off the market and completely remake it?

It is still as bad. The most bland world ever but it has pretty backgrounds. The most bland quests ever. The most bland dungeons. The most bland cities with invisible walls every 3 feet. It is shit tastic. There is no fixing it. Everyone who plays it should be chemically castrated imo. Only way to fix things.
>>
>>344670787
I remember the combat in one of the betas for 1.0, you didn't hit like 4 times as a pugilist per attack and you actually had to build TP in the beginning of the fights.
>>
>>344670316
Even with the additional affects like K Club and Ridill having multi attacks or more TP gain or things like that there was still a 'the best'.

Just some of those "THE BEST" weapons were an ass and a half to get. Like with paladins there was damn near no reason to use anything but the Aegis for the longest time if you had it.

There was very rarely a time when you needed to use anything other than 'the best' weapon either. Anything but these tippity top tier weapons that demanded your life to attain in many cases were just acceptible substitutes.

I suppose I can see the benefit of it though. Having extra affects is just fun so it makes gear more fun to have, get, or use. EVen something as simple as alterations to what your skills do would be FUN but it would still end up being "get this or you suck."
>>
>>344671294
>you actually had to build TP in the beginning of the fights.
That's how it was and how it should be. Never really played PUG in either 1.0 or ARR so I don't know about hitting multiple times.

Notice how all the abilities in OP's pic that have a cost associated with them either cost 1000 or 2000 TP.
>>
the only thing that makes me enjoy this mmo compared to others is how comfy it is to sit back and play with a controller

it was literally the best QoL they added to the game.
>>
FFXIV was never meant to be FFXI HD.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11-17-17-11.png (258 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11-17-17-11.png
258 KB, 720x1280
>>344672275
>>
>>344666718
Take every pre-Heavensward dungeon and bump up the numbers so that they match current expert roulette content.

Add these "expert" versions to the expert roulette, with some new glamor and minion shit as rewards.

Complete the soundtracks for them so things like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8lryYLaD4 don't go unused.

Do the same for the 24-man and the 8 man raids, add roulette's for them both.

I don't see a point in having all that content if it's just going to go unused and only exist as pure faceroll. Keep everything relevant. It's not hard. Would you like to run Hullbreaker HM everyday for 3 months, or would you rather revisit Toto-Rak, Cutter's Cry and Darkhold with proper combat?
>>
>>344666718

take a page from the direction WoW is going in and hand out items or traits that empower a certain move, or changes how it functions. for example:

>Skull Ring

'In addition to its other effects, Skull Sunder now also applies the 'Storm's Eye' debuff'

or one that changes how an ability functions:

>Earring of Hand Cleaving

'Fell Cleave is now usable in Defiance. When used in Defiance, it does not do damage and it grants an absorption shield equal to the critical damage it would have normally dealt. Adds a 30 second cooldown to Fell Cleave'
>>
Asses
>>
>>344673193
I'd use the shit out of that because I actually prefer being a lazy shit and doing 1-2-3. Level 50 PLD was my favorite class.
>>
>>344671435
>There was very rarely a time when you needed to use anything other than 'the best' weapon either

I remember having to get every single gosh darned elemental rod as BLM

But I liked the kind of thing. Getting new gear in XI increased your utility and made each piece feel worthwhile. It was like building a deck. You had TP gain pieces, WS pieces, etc

I know some people didn't like weapon switching, but as someone who's always loved optimizing and min maxing in RPGs it really clicked with me
>>
The base game is so shit and literally WoW 2.0 that you'd have to change it from scratch to actually improve it.
>>
>>344674087
The sad part is they did exactly that and that's how they got to where they are now
>>
>>344674158
FFXIV was a shit game. Not because it wasnt WoW 2.0, but because the game simply was bad. Empty worlds, shit control schemes, no content whatsoever, it was retardedly laggy as well. The only thing that game had was the FF name.
>>
>>344674406
I never said it wasn't shit. I'm saying they got the opportunity to make an entirely new game and chose instead to make a WoW clone.
>>
>>344674406

It was definitely poorly made, and there were a lot of aspects that needed improving. But there were also a lot of core design concepts that were pretty interesting. And I was under the assumption at the time that 2.0 would take those concepts, then improve the technical issues surrounding them.

Instead they just made WoW
>>
>>344674543
>>344674624
Cant even blame SQ though since apparently that what 'the modern MMO player wants'. Happens in any other MMO as well. Come launch day, hundreds of people will flood the forum of a new game and ask why its not like WoW. They arent saying it, but when they ask shit like 'wheres the dungeons queue', 'wheres the dungeons', 'wheres the raids', 'wheres the instanced arenas/battleground', 'why are there no pve servers' etc you immediately know what game these clowns came from.

Fuck the industry and fuck the customers. They will ruin any game because its different
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.