[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3DS or PSP for emulating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: you-decide-3ds-vs-psp-1.jpg (34 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
you-decide-3ds-vs-psp-1.jpg
34 KB, 360x240
I mainly just want GBA and SNES emulation...I would assume the 3DS is more powerful,but it's way easier to put custom firmware on a PSP,right?....Any suggestions on which is better?
>>
N3DS XL for emulation and get them free 3DS games while you are it.
>>
>>344660712
I only have an original 3DS XL,is it still worth using it over a PSP?
>>
>>344660463
GBA emulation is near perfect on both, but the only emulator i've found on the PSP has a sound bug where you'll have to restart the emulator if you've been playing longer than about 2 hours or frequently put it into sleep mode.
SNES emulation is a little wonky on the PSP-1000 but I hear its perfect on newer models. I only own the 1000.
Genesis emulation is also fucking flawless on the PSP.

If you can afford the 3DS i'd probably get that for emulation, however if you're interested in the PSP library at all there's a LOT of great games on it you can also get the .iso for.
>>
>>344661128
Thanks for the input,I've got a 3DS and a PSP-3000.
>>
>>344661128
>SNES emulation is a little wonky on the PSP-1000 but I hear its perfect on newer models.
nope, its far from perfect even on later models.
>>
File: iPega-PG-9025-a_01.jpg (22 KB, 466x402) Image search: [Google]
iPega-PG-9025-a_01.jpg
22 KB, 466x402
snes gba and sega are quite easy to emulate, so why not just mobile? just but some ipega of moga or some stuff like that
>>
>>344663098
Well I already have a 3DS and a PSP,so it seems like it would be kind of a waste of money to buy a controller addon thing for my phone when I could just emulate on one of my handhelds.
>>
File: Bonk3Inline_1193256952[1].jpg (138 KB, 480x256) Image search: [Google]
Bonk3Inline_1193256952[1].jpg
138 KB, 480x256
3ds has PC Engine too, if you're into shmups.
>>
>>344663427
oh i though u were gonna buy one of those 2 for this i suppose go for psp
>>
>>344663543
I didn't even know what a PC engine was until I looked it up just now.
>>
>>344660463
As an emulation platform I'd go for the PSP. 3DS can play GBA and SNES games well, but afaik they aren't through an emulator so you need to find the games you want which someone has already converted to a format you can install.

That and emulation isn't really that widespread on the 3ds. There's a couple of systems here and there but by and large if it's not a system on the eshop no one's really bothered. Compare that to the PSP where pretty much anything pre-Playstation 1 has some emulator or another.
>>
>>344664913
psp also has the advantage of ps1 support too.

Even Dragon warrior VII works with the rights pops.
>>
>>344665087

Also Dreamcast, Sega CD, Saturn.

As an owner of both handhelds, I'd say PSP. Especially considering all you need for emulation on PSP is an SD card, whereas the 3DS requires a flash cart for regular DS games.
>>
>>344665408
I didn't realize the PSP had so many emulators available it...Do the ones you mentioned run well enough to try out?
>>
>>344666313

Sega CD runs well enough to play Sonic CD and Snatcher. Can't speak for the others cause they don't have many games worth playing. I think the 64 emulator has sound disabled though, and still runs poorly.

If you have both consoles, softmod both. That will give you the most options.
>>
>>344666313
Can't vouch for the Dreamcast or Saturn but Sega CD works great. Use mine to play Snatcher.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.