[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prometheans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Promethian_Knights.png (2 MB, 1775x2057) Image search: [Google]
Promethian_Knights.png
2 MB, 1775x2057
So can someone give me atleast 5 good reasons why the Prometheans need to exist?

>literally the most boring Halo enemy
>>
>>344651162
343 wanted doughnut steel character of their own.
>>
>>344651162
looks like it was designed when they were completely out of ideas and just morphed random ink blots into characters.
>>
>>344651229
Much like 343, nobody likes them.
>>
343 needed to come up with something to keep the finnished story going
>>
>>344651162
Because I never want to see 343 handle the Flood. Better that this shit exists instead.
>>
They hired the concept artist from Metroid Prime and by God they're getting their money's worth.
>>
I liked the prometheans in 4 more than 5 to be honest.

In 4 they have a lopsided structure of bulky and heavily armored knights, agile crawlers, and drones that repair the other two classes and chuck your grenades back.

In 5 they got neutred because they needed the dumb soldier class to represent the main forces. So drones do jack shit, crawlers are grunts 2.0, warriors are huge pain in the ass to shoot since they teleport every .5 seconds. Knights are mostly unchanged but are far fewer in numbers.

Flood or ONI trained Spartan IVs better replace them in 6
>>
>>344651162
The knights were fun to fight in 5.
>>
>>344652734
Shame they funneled all of that unfun into the Soldiers.
>unlimited homing grenades
>no cooldown on teleporting
>accuracy and range of jackal snipers
>there's usually about 20 of them at a time
>take four punches to kill in WZFF, while they can kill you in one
>>
Because Bionicle was successful and, knowing that Halo is primarily popular amongst 10 - 12 year olds they decided to rip off their design.
>>
Prometheans are garbage
> Boring out of nowhere enemies
> Not fun and challenging- but annoying and tedious
> Designs don't fit Halo's style

>>344652671
>Flood or ONI trained Spartan IVs better replace them in 6

Unfortunately 343i will never make the story interesting and have chief fight other Spartans. This should have happened in 5.
>>
File: 1467994446603.jpg (80 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
1467994446603.jpg
80 KB, 768x960
>>344652490
They are very well designed characters aesthetically, but I hate fighting them ingame.

>expendable, boring clones that come in groups of 15+
>no animation for being shot at, only loud metal dings
>bullet sponges so hard
>they just disappear after death
>aimbot weapons, able to destroy vehicles like nobodies business
>teleporting? Why?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.