[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long will the hype last if they don't add actual battles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: pokemon_go_title.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_title.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
How long will the hype last if they don't add actual battles and other needed features?

If they don't Nintendo is about to waste the biggest opportunity since they told Sony to fuck off with their Disk Drive.
>>
There's a whole fucking board dedicated to this shit, take your threads there.
>>>/vp/
>>
>>344646124
Mobile either have constant updates or they die.
>>
2 weeks to 1 month
>>
>>344646124
>other needed features
doesn't "need" anything. It's a fucking retarded little mobile game made to satisfy my urge to collect shit. All I need it to do is supply me with a steady stream of new pokemon to collect. Once I collect all the ones that exist, they need to add more. That's literally ALL they NEED to do.

I mean they could add some more features but really would end up just bloating it.
>>
are there shiny pokemon on go?
>>
>>344647039
Gen 3 when? Literally best gen
>>
I just want a ditto :/
>>
>>344647601
Yes
>>
>Features that will obviously be added at some point
Trading
Friendly battle
Trainer customization
Changing teams (for a premium)

>Features I'd personally like to see
Battling wild Pokémon (for XP or weakening)
Pokémon Center (guaranteed Potions and Revives)
Day Care (raise CP and breed eggs)
Pokémon-amie (AR Pokémon petting)
Friends List (with online)
Global Trading Center (with friends)
Eggs just using the pedometer and not needing the phone to be on constantly holy shit
>>
>>344648837
The pedometer is a must fuck that noise of having my battery die out for 5 miles of walking
I think driving adds to the distance also so that can cut it
>>
I just downloaded this and "caught" my first Pokémon
it was a shitty minigame where I have to throw a ball in the middle of the screen
when do the real battles begin that I know from the previous games?
>>
>>344646124
Not long among normies.
>>
>>344649035
There isn't any real battles. "Battles are just a "touch at the right time" mini game
>>
File: watch_dogs_2.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
watch_dogs_2.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
I'm lmaoing at all the people who are hating on the game, is it because you have to take a step outside?
>>
>>344646738
>>344646738

This senpai
>>
>>344649004
>I think driving adds to the distance also so that can cut it
There appears to be a speed restriction, though. Biking tends to work, but driving often moves you too quickly and the app doesn't apply the distance.
>>
>>344648837
>>344649004
The eggs use a mix of pedometer and distance. I can sit in my office shaking the phone and hatch an egg, but if you drive with it on it barely increases.
>>
>>344649887
Yeah, but you have to have your phone on and the game open for that to happen. And when they saddle you with nine eggs that require at least two km each, that's pretty shit.
>>
Nintendo barely has any part in this game, other than licensing off the first generation of Pokemon.

Niantic doesnt know shit about Pokemon other than GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!!! to appeal to nostalgia normies.
>>
>>344646124
Those features you want are in the actual games and this mobile game is essentially an ad for those actual handheld console games.
>>
>>344650945
I'd agree with you if the initial reveal trailer didn't have battling/trading in it
>>
>>344646124
GENERATION 2 WHEN?
>>
>>344651530
The reveal trailer was more of a hype video, though.. It wasn't a gameplay trailer. They surely just hired someone to make a TV spot and gave them the jist of the idea. The whole video reeks of 'this will look great in my portfolio'.

There's not the slightest of chances that Game Freak or TCPi would let a free to play mobile game eat into it's cash cow - nor would nintendo let it's biggest console seller throw away it's core mechanics on a mobile game.
It won't ever happen. They might add new mechanics, probably more customisation options and certainly they'll gradually add more Pokemon... But don't go expecting them to change anything about the gameplay because it's literally just "hey, remember that thing that was popular in 1999-2000 that you decided was for babies suddenly but now say you always loved? Here's your chance to show off how nerdy you are by mindless catching the ones you vaguely remember!"
>>
>tfw agoraphobic
>want to mess with this

worry.jpg
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.