[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fighting monsters that could cleave through steel >half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1467942654933.jpg (747 KB, 1964x3252) Image search: [Google]
1467942654933.jpg
747 KB, 1964x3252
>fighting monsters that could cleave through steel
>half of hunters carve up monsters to look cute instead of making something functional

what the fuck is wrong with monster hunters?
>>
>>344635079
japs live in a fake world, they can't make funcional things 'cause functional things are real
>>
>>344635079
I would've just asked for the total removal of female characters as playables and have them reduced to support NPC roles, like they should.
>>
>>344635079
When you hunt things 4 times your size for a living, if you wanna look cute, you fucking look cute.

While we're at it, are we forgetting how literally all monster hunters (even the women >>344635379
) are huge Adonic towers of muscle and (sometimes) scar tissue? Functional goes out the window when you're a big guy with a big sword going after the big guy wearing the skin of the other big guys you've murdered.
>>
Zinogre armours are the best.

>>344635379
kys, in all honesty.
>>
File: dunce.jpg (19 KB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
dunce.jpg
19 KB, 268x300
>>344635079
IT'S AN ANIME GAME
>>
File: 1412745448206.png (5 KB, 319x287) Image search: [Google]
1412745448206.png
5 KB, 319x287
>>344635079
>he doesn't know that looking good is always priority #1
>>
>>344635594
>>344635646
If society is to ever get back on track one of the first things that need to be done is the reestablishment of gender roles on all fronts in media, which means video games too, and which means making it taboo for depicting women fighting or asserting overall authority over men with a man clearing it.
>>
>>344635764
this

I bet OP is a loser who doesn't /fa/ in dark souls
>>
>>344635940
That's nice but what does it have to do with dressing up cute muscular girls in monster skins and hitting other monsters with swords made from their teeth and horns and shit?
>>
>>344635079
>getting hit by monster
spot the faggot
>>
>>344636150
That in order for this to work that you have to give up on that because it presents an untrue unrealistic example of women that brainwash future generations into believing that they are capable of men's tasks.
>>
>>344635079
>getting hit by monsters in the first place

just how bad are you?
>>
>>344635079
>First row, 2nd and 4th.
>Second row 4th.
>Third row all the way up to gold battle dress.
>Fourth row 3rd along.
These are the best and I want them all.
>>
There are implications in the lore that hunters are descendants from bio-engineered dudes made to fight bigass monsters in the ancient society.
>>
>>344635079
>nargacuga still in

good

i still get to enjoy chocolate tummies
>>
>>344636352
Even then the women should be significantly weaker in accordance with typical human (which they are, regardless of augmentedness) norms, especially seeing how women still look fundamentally feminine which suggests a heavy lack of testosterone.
>>
>>344636273
I'm concerned by your lack of imagination. Why would anyone be concerned with what is presented in fictitious media? People don't need to be told they can't magically fly, they just can't.

So if women really can't do these things there's no harm in indulging in the fantasy they can.

You know I always say that if you cast bait into the ocean, the only thing you're sure to catch is Plesioth.

Hi, my name is Plesioth.
>>
>>344636690
Okay, then they're slightly weaker, but it's so slight that it doesn't impact mechanics. Really, you don't have a leg to stand on due to the fact that it's a video game. I'm not even sure what you're arguing for or why anyone should care.
>>
>>344635940
No one cares about your opinions on social standards, Achmed, whether they're real opinions or not. Like I said, kill yourself.
>>
>>344636690
Doesn't matter, if humans are strong enough to fight monsters the size of cities in that world the difference between male and female at that point is less than negligible.
>>
>qt female hunters
>male hunters look like gundams or walking fortresses
Japan is a pretty cool place.
>>
>>344635079
Monster hunters jump off huge cliffs as shortcuts. They can do whatever they want. And besides, in late game you can get one shotted easy, so why not hunt in style?
>>
>>344636762
>Why would anyone be concerned with what is presented in fictitious media?
Because it has become incredibly obvious that the current generation is completely dissociated with reality, one of them being physical competence of women, to say nothing about the delusion of female mental competence
>>344636996
That's hilarious coming from here of all places
>>344637126
It's the principle of the matter, men fighting monstrous creatures is deeply intertwined with human mythos
WOMEN fighting these things are not. It is foreign, and shoehorned.
>>
>>344635079
What set is the second one?
>>
Now post the male hunter one where the all look like mecha wearing 20 tons of armor.
>>
>>344637449
The fact you're concerned with the capacity of fictitious women only demonstrates you are the exact malady you describe.

If you cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality, it is unreasonable to expect that of any other. Many people enjoy these fictitious representations without being fooled into believing they have any bearing on reality. Until you can effectively do so, you will find neither support, nor good humor in discussions on the matter.

Now if you don't mind, there's monsters to hunt, and the hammer of hunting is unisex.

But I'm going to pick a girl regardless, because strong, fashionable women enrage my deviljho.
>>
>>344637449
Atalanta. The tsundere huntress concept is older than dirt.
>>
>>344635079
>monsters that could cleave through steel
>wearing armor
>>
>>344635079
MH will never look that good since Capcom refuses to put any actual effort in it and keeps reusing the same assets forever.

DAMN SHAME I say.
>>
>>344635079
In a world where dragons exist, amirite?
>>
>>344637449
>It's the principle of the matter, men fighting monstrous creatures is deeply intertwined with human mythos
>WOMEN fighting these things are not. It is foreign, and shoehorned.
Yeah, nah, you're full of shit. Even as far back as Assyrian legends, there were badass queens who literally killed sun gods with their bare hands, and even in modern religions you can find warrior goddesses who could beat demons when all the other great gods and heroes couldn't do shit against them. Don't talk about shit if you don't know anything.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.