[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game doesn't deserve the shit it gets.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 19
File: tmp_25021-serveimage-1245498947.jpg (82 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25021-serveimage-1245498947.jpg
82 KB, 1024x768
This game doesn't deserve the shit it gets.
>>
(You)
>>
I always thought it was a solid game. The stories a bit naff but the mechanics and the scope of its ambition were great.
>>
>need silent movement aug to crouch walk silently
>>
>>344633617
guy looks like a chad.
>>
Yes it does.

Human Revolution is a mediocre game but Invisible War is unplayable, literally, it runs like shit.
>>
>>344633617
bought halo1 used
beat it in 8 hours the day i bought it
took it back and exchanged it for DE:IW
way better game then halo.
>>
How did you post a blank image?
>>
>>344634148
Like this
>>
>>344633873
>my PC sucks and it's the games fault
>>
>>344634101

Calm down.
>>
>>344633873
HR was better than the first deus ex
>>
File: AlexD_female.jpg (199 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
AlexD_female.jpg
199 KB, 1600x1200
>>344633814
You can play as a girl too
>>
>>344634210
Only if you really really have an issue with older graphics and animations. Main issue with HR is the double dipping route xp. Just give flat xp at single chokepoint checkpoints or at the end of missions. Keep the completely undetected/full lethal/full non-lethal rewards tied to character dialogue and item rewards.
>>
File: 1308860220062.jpg (83 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1308860220062.jpg
83 KB, 600x400
It's better than, or at worst equally as bad as HR.
Only difference is it came out at a time where people still expected improvements from sequels. That hope has been since then abandoned.
>>
I agree.

As much as I like original DE I loved to see the a little shift in the atmosphere that came from setting it in a more distant future along with cool shit like omars and neat little touches like that gun mod that disperses glass without triggering alarm. It wasn't that different in terms of mechanics as well, all these elitist shits can cry more.

>muh universal ammo

Amazing, right? In the year TWO THOUSAND SEVENTY FUCKING TWO.
>>
I played this in a time when i didn't read other people's opinions and I thoroughly enjoyed the game.
It was only a couple years later I heard about all the hate.
>>
>>344634546
>It's better than, or at worst equally as bad as HR.
>Only difference is it came out at a time where people sti

HR at least functions as a game on its own, and is sort of enjoyable outside of the bossfights.
IW is a buggy unplayable hunk of shit with level design so terrible it's actually insulting.
>>
It was the first DE game I played and I loved it.
>>
File: 18e.jpg (55 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
18e.jpg
55 KB, 900x810
>>344634546
>>
>>344634803
What? It plays fine (considering we're comparing it to a shitty cover shooter with "press x for a cutscene" for melee combat), only problem was small maps and frequent (and long) loading screens.
>>
>mfw people think the first DX is cerebral and complex

>muh illuminati
>muh aliens

I'll bet you listen to alex jones too.
>>
File: Doctor_Piccolo.png (58 KB, 626x754) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Piccolo.png
58 KB, 626x754
>>344634570
The premise and the events seem fairly solid to me.

Pinpointing the exact time period where the setting is right on the threshold of going from near-future to sci-fi has a lot of untapped potential.

Still, being attached to Do Sex as closely as it was was probably a bad thing. Should've had an entirely distinct cast of characters and only vague references and homage to the original game. More like how Human Revolution did it.
>>
>>344633617

The launch of that game was so fucking bad, I had to set my resolution at 640x480 to match the loading titles else the game would crash. It took weeks for a patch to come out, and it didn't fix much. I never picked it up again.
>>
>>344633617
It really is an awful game that I only stomached because it was deus ex. They completely fucked up JC denton's character arc and made the entire story stand on it's head. The endings were also garbage and the game mechanically plays super bad and the fov is awful because it's painfully obvious it was designed for consoles. The rpg mechanics were also dumbed down, everything about it is mediocre and was amplified by the hype from fans of Deus Ex 1, it deserves everything it got, and then some.
>>
>>344634956
This.
While it's a good game, people tend to worship it way too much. Fucking fanboys.
>>
>>344635098

I bet you hate SS2
>>
>>344633617

Yeah, it does. Even the devs think it does. There's countless youtube videos of them talking about how bad the game is.
>>
>>344635146
>There's countless youtube videos of them talking about how bad the game is.
That was an argument?
>>
>>344635190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGIdYl2oN74

Dude the devs even think it's fucking garbage. They call it an unworthy sequel. It's a mediocre game, which is why it get's shit on because it's deus ex.
>>
>>344635190
No you dip. That was somebody suggesting that there is quite a credible argument made by perhaps the most pertinent people to attack or defend the topic.
He just didn't link it in the post for some reason.
>>
File: 1387102939214.jpg (84 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1387102939214.jpg
84 KB, 700x400
>>344634148
>>
I really resent what they did with JC Denton. Like I honestly can't think of anything they could have done with Deus Ex having such a big conclusion but yeah it just sucks that our hero is just another asshole. If Ion Storm hadn't closed would we have gotten a Deus Ex 3 where you then have to kick Alex's ass?

Deus Ex 1 also just wonderfully feels more relevant because they largely used the conspiracy theories that continue to live on. Invisible War goes more fully Sci-Fi and it's just not as immersive or relatable. Say what you want about Human Revolution but it really nailed that aspect, in that the future in that world is based on Ray Kurzweil's tech fantasies and has its own Alex Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUK8EMX25VI
>>
>>344635253
Fuckers still recycled the Templars in HR though.
>>
>>344635441

It doesn't feel more relevant because of meme conspiracies, but becaus it's set in a contemporary world.

Meanwhile, dude sex 2 has magical ammo, ladders don't look like ladders, and everything is super ultra mega futuristic and cool for the console kids. It completely ruined it.
>>
File: Lain-Alien.png (341 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Lain-Alien.png
341 KB, 800x450
>>344634956
>not knowing ayyliums and conspiracies were very much in the mainstream culture at the time

There are people browsing /v/ right now who are too young to remember the '90s and '00s
>>
File: waltonsimons.png (357 KB, 524x511) Image search: [Google]
waltonsimons.png
357 KB, 524x511
I take it he was agreeable?
>>
>>344634210
nah
>>
Compared to DX1 its dog shit, however if you look past the flaws and bugs it's alright.

If the game had a butt load for polish it would be easier to stomach.
>>
The omar were the only good thing about this game.
>>
It deserves more shit than it gets.
>>
>>344637264
It only gets so little because not that many people played it, which is somewhat of a consolation.
>>
>>344637168

the thought of that guy getting assimilated gave me a boner
>>
>>344634956
I bet you never even watched x files you fag
>>
Games from this era had really black shadows. You don't see that today.
>>
File: NGResonanceHoloKiosk2.png (2 MB, 1262x751) Image search: [Google]
NGResonanceHoloKiosk2.png
2 MB, 1262x751
>>344637168
>>
>>344634803
>with level design so terrible it's actually insulting

VersaLife at Antarctica shits on everything in HR level design-wise.
>>
File: 1445963837863.jpg (32 KB, 367x479) Image search: [Google]
1445963837863.jpg
32 KB, 367x479
I genuinely think Human Revolution is the best Deus Ex game so far and Mankind Divided can surpass it too, even.
>>
>>344635441
I disagree. I've read more than my fair share of both transhumanist and bioconservatist writings, and Human Revolution is insultingly shallow in this aspect. It's like they spent three hours reading wikipedia and decided they were good to go. If they spent a bit more time on it maybe it wouldn't feel like you are having the exact same conversation again and again in the game until you want to murder the shit out of any person that utters the word augmentation just one more time.

At least DX and IW were both more varied with their themes. IW less so, the writing was so phoned in it's not even funny, but still better than HR in this aspect.
>>
>>344641806
Your opinions are wrong.
>>
>>344633617
does anyone else notice how the perspective is fucked in this image
>>
>>344642128
Yes the gun is fucked, I use another cover for my steam library.
>>
File: 1465277404504.png (28 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1465277404504.png
28 KB, 800x600
When did you realize that IGN didn't recently become shit, but it has always been shit?
>>
>>344634379
That's way better.
>>
File: latest[1].png (202 KB, 438x443) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
202 KB, 438x443
>>344643492
You can't become the minister's chamber boy, but the voice actress is way better than the guy who did male Alex.
>>
>>344643635
My lifelong regret will be playing this game as Male and not Female Alex.
>>
>>344641806
I do too. I'm just disappointed that their efforts to market the HR art style means we'll never see bioaugs again.
>>
>>344634546

I kinda agree actually.
>>
>>344634379
>early Laura Bailey

Mmmmm.
>>
>>344636037

OH YES
H

Y
E
S
>>
Hey Agent, I think you've got the wrong augs.
>>
>>344633617
exactly it deserves to be forgotten
>>
>>344633617
blankposting is against the rules
>>
>>344633617

I agree OP.

While it wasn't as good as the original, it was good in it's own right. Should have just been it's own game and not related to Dues Ex and it would have been remembered as an underrated hidden gem.

Also I think Invisible War is at least on par with Human Revolution. I liked HR as well but no idea why the fanbase gave it a free pass for being dumbed down and casual when IW didn't get that. Maybe so much time has passed that the overton window of quality shifted to much.

I enjoyed the visual style, especially the lighting in IW as well. Almost all the levels in IW were good. The only levels that HR had better than IW were the Detroit and Hengsha hubs, all the other actual levels in HR were worse than IW I think, Antarctica, Seatle, Eygypt, Trier, Liberty Island, all better than most of HR's linear levels. Shame about the load times though, if someone made some mods to fix IW like people did with Thief 3, IW would be legit fantastic.

>the Omar
>NG Resonance
>that coffee shop war

Face it, this game had some neat ideas
>>
The best game of all time is a hard act to follow.
>>
>>344646208
Yeah that's why God Hand doesn't have a sequel.
>>
>>344645889
>Liberty Island
I kinda agree with you on the rest, but Liberty Island was a disgrace. It brutally rapes your memories of playing DX with the butchered level design, and it's also the only place in IW sans maybe Antarctica that tries really hard to remind you that there is no swimming in the game. That there are giant arrows all over UNATCO pointing you to the Aquinas core was flat out insulting.

The only saving grace of IW's LI is that it is hands down the most satisfying level in the entire series to go all out in combat. It's a fantastic feeling when you realize it's time to use up all the ammo and aug canisters you amassed throughout the game, and can completely switch skillsets like 5 times.

>that coffee shop war
Eh, I thought it was way too obvious. But I guess if it is a fun way to poke fun at the player if he doesn't realize the parallel by the reveal.
>>
>>344634379
I'm surprised no one gave them shit for dropping the female option in the sequel.

What gives?
>>
>>344634803
>>344635046
>>344635146
>>344635253
>>344635441
>>344637264
>>344645270

You people judge this game way to harshly. This is the danger of hype. DX1 was literally the greatest game of all time, and all you faggots got hyped, and no matter how good IW was, it would have disappointed. Combine that with how it's the first consolized game, and you will get a very bad taste in your mouth and hate it.

But honestly people are right when they say if the game simply had a different name, there would be no hate. Lets list some other great games that do have big flaws. Psychonauts has flawed combat and each level is based around a gimmick. It's still amazing. It's not hated because it wasn't a hyped sequel. Forbidden Siren is heavily flawed, yet loved as a hidden gem that mixes stealth and horror in a unique way. Darkest of Days is a fantastic budget open world WW1/Civil War shooter. Many flaws, but it's fantastic fun too. But no one hyped it and it's not a sequel to a great game. People just think yeah it was good. Dark Messiah too I guess, people love that yet it has it's flaws, the opening was kinda meh, only really got good halfway through. No One Lives Forever is like this as well. Mercenaries is a fun but flawed title. Gun is a fun but flawed title. Chronicles of Riddick, Shadow Warrior, Judge Dredd, EYE Divine Cybermancy. These games are fun but flawed titles. And barely anyone bitches about the flaws because there were no expectations with these games. They are loved for their qualities.

I think Invisible War would have gone down as a game like this, a game that's got a lot of flaws, but it's fun, and considered a hidden/underrated gem. But because it was a massively hyped up sequel to literally the greatest video game ever made, no one can ever like it now. It has to be shit upon as a casualization. People judge it different and constantly compare it to it's better older brother.

It's a sad state. Because IW is a fun game and I honestly enjoyed it.
>>
>>344646958
The first game was going to have an option for playing as a female too but it was scrapped.
>>
>>344646773

Yeah removing swimming was shit I agree. IW is flawed but still beautiful though.

I am one of the DX fans that thinks Liberty Island in the original is shit though. I honestly don't know how people ever enjoyed that level. DX1 is good because of augs, playing without augs is shit, with broken aiming, tranqs that take ages to take effect, or just meleeing people with outdated broken stealth. IW's Liberty Island was an improvement, and as you say, perfect for people who saved up weapons and ammo all game to go all out using aug powers and everything to kill everyone. It was fun.

DX1 is a game that starts out shit, but gets better as it goes until it gets so good it surpasses literally every other game. Liberty Island is shit, Battery Park is okay, Hells Kitchen is again better. By Lebedevs Jet then you are finally in good game territory with all the augs you've got, and the game reaches greatness at Hong Kong and then just gets better because you are an aug super power machine by then and it's just fun as fuck till the end.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>Devs claim that the reason that the twin towers aren't present in the NY skybox is due to memory limitations
>The passcode to the chinese police station is 911
>>
>>344647225
If Deus Ex: Invisible War was called something else, it would be in the pantheon of forgotten games that are barely mediocre, alongside such titles as Contract J.A.C.K., Black Stone: Magic & Steel and Spawn: Armageddon.

It's a shit game either ways, but the fact that it's a Deus Ex sequel definitely makes it notoriously worse.
>>
>>344635441
Actually HR is even less relatable than IW because they projected Renaissance era onto the real world and that basically gave everything this unreal out of time feel. HR is more like a science fantasy fairy tale than cyberpunk.
>>
>>344647225
Look, I liked IW but the game has a lot of problems that were never fixed and I find completely understandable why someone would hate it.
>No leaning
>Inventory is hit
>Loading...
>Global ammo
>Stealth is completely broken
>Maps are small as fuck
>Loading...
>Templars are retarded
>No challenge
>Not related to the game but what the fuck is that cover?
>Loading...
>Invisible War has stopped working
Also, you can't really say the comparisons are unfair, IW fucks with a lot of characters, places and events from the last game. IW is built like a sequel, the game deserves all the shit it gets.
>>
File: 1466139250870.gif (4 MB, 299x213) Image search: [Google]
1466139250870.gif
4 MB, 299x213
>>344647810
THEY FUCKING KNEW AND DID NOTHI
>>
>>344633873
>Human Revolution is a mediocre game

Fuck you, HR is fine.
>>
>>344636037
Why contain it?
>>
>>344645889
>>344647225
People like you are the reason Fallout 4 is an open world FPS with visual novel tier dialogues.

>i'm still having fun!!!
>it's good in it own right!!!

You should be gassed.
>>
>>344647876

No you are way to harsh on it. I honestly don't get you people.

I replayed IW recently, and had all the criticisms you fags said in mind, and playing it, I was just confused as to how people couldn't like it. The majority of your arguments against the game is just nitpicky shit. Yeah bigger levels, swimming and all that would have been good I agree, but most of the rest is nitpicky honestly. Sounds like you want to dislike IW, you are trying to come up with reasons to continue hating it, because it slighted you in your youth and you are still butthurt. I once read a wall of text post on here about how the fact that you couldn't kill story important characters until after they became irrelevant to the story was some super damning thing that ruined the game, fucks sake, that's like the most nitpicky thing ever. What other game even lets you kill story important characters anyways? So what if the game hyped you up for that back in 2003 before release, that was 13 years ago, get over it, you should know not to trust marketing. Judge it for what it is, and not for what it should have been.

Get over it already.

I play IW and I think "nah this game obviously doesn't stand up to the original, or even other great games in it's caliber like System Shock, Thief, VtMB, but is it bad, definitely not. I am legit having fun, I am enjoying exploring, the mechanics are reasonably satisfying, sure some parts leave a bit to be desired like the smaller level size, but it's nothing to big of a flaw. It's at the very least a 7/10, maybe even an 8/10 if the setting and story especially interest you".
>>
File: 1393878473581.jpg (25 KB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
1393878473581.jpg
25 KB, 366x360
>>344634210
>>
>>344648405

But Fallout 3 and 4 aren't fun though. They are just outright fucking shit, irredeemable shit.

They are also nothing like Fallout 1 and 2, the fucking genre changed. It's barely an RPG anymore.

IW is still DX. It's just DX lite. It's flawed but still fun on it's own. FO3 isn't fun at all.

>>344647920

I agree there are flaws. Personally I love leaning in games so taking that out was a bad decision. But you can still have a decent game without leaning.

I don't care about global ammo though. If you use a rocket launcher shot, you just wasted a whole load of your pistol bullets too, because they all come from the same pool. Forced you to rarely use OP weapons. I didn't mind it at all and don't consider a flaw, just a risky design decision that some people didn't like.

Small maps and loading are legit flaws though, but not really gamebreaking (at least anymore with the loading, it just crashes the desktop until the next map loads then comes back on screen, still shit though). Rest of what you said is nitpicky.
>>
Invisible War had a lot of really comfy shit to do, like listening to coffee shop patrons having a chat, and then getting out your poison dart gun and killing them while their bodies awkwardly fumbled around.

HR had some of that too of course, but not enough. But it had better hubs and quests.

Excited as fuck for MD.
>>
>>344647876
Contract JACK is a NOLF game though.
NOLF 3 when?
>>
>>344648570
You are so full of shit you fucking faggot.
You disregard every one's opinions by saying it's nostalgia or nitpicking.
The fact that you liked the game doesn't mean the game is good, it just means that you have shit taste. Are you by any chance the same faggot that shows up in Bioshock Infinite threads? You make the same fucking fallacies.
>>
>>344633617
You're right, it somehow deserves even more hate
>>
>>344648570
Congratulations on having fun on a shitty game. I wish I could have your high tolerance for shit as well.

Unfortunately, Deus Ex: Invisible War was nothing short of being a really poorly designed, poorly built consolized RPG that sucks dicks with an incredibly boring plot.
>>
>>344649089

Holy kek, you are angry. I guess it's all the repressed adolescent rage that you burried inside you coming out again. Listen kiddo (yeah I know your 30 now, but you are back in the mental and emotional state of your 16 year old self when you talk about IW, it's very obvious) you have baggage and emotional hang ups over this game that are preventing you from seeing it objectivly. The fact you are so angry right now makes that obvious to see. ANyone who goes into IW with no hype or prior knowledge of the series can see that it's a fairly decent, not fantastic but just decent game, they can understand it was a downgrade, but it's not a total write off of a game you fucking sperging autist. And no I played them all in release order just for your information.

And in regards to Bioshock, no, Infinite is fucking dog shit. Bioshock 2 is the best in the series because it's the most mechanically sound and most consistent level design quality (not including Sytem SHock though, both SS1 and SS2 are better than any Bioshock game, but Bioshock is still good. In fact, you could say that Invisible War is like Bioshock to DX1's System Shock. It's a consolized lite version of the game but it's still fairly decent).
>>
File: 1304855465550.jpg (274 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1304855465550.jpg
274 KB, 1024x768
Everything I hate about this game boils down to the pitiful Xboxhueg. 2 second delay between NPC dialogues, tiny maps, shitty linear inventory, no weapon stats, simplified augs, enemies yelling "BOOM" to warn the player before throwing nades (although Human Revolution also has this "feature)

If they made it for PC first, it could be a lot more tolerable.
>>
>>344649521
Yeah, you are the same faggot. I fucking knew it.
>>
>>344647303
Yeah but human revolution completely scraps it, and there is no talk of bringing it back for mankind divided.

Considering how much shit assassins Creed and Zelda got for the lack of playable female characters. I'm surprise there's been no click bait about it.
>>
>>344649521
Off yourself.
>>
>>344651010

SJW's don't play real games so none of them have ever played DX1 or IW either and never knew that HR removed the option to play as women that IW had and DX planned to have, and they were also too busy with the mechanical apartheid shitfit they have going on right now.

>>344649779
>>344651027

Absolutely triggered. kek
>>
no john you were Illuminati all along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg9edhb4OBs

IW suffered the most due to the level design
>>
>>344649038
Hopefully never, they'll just butcher it.
>>
>>344646958
If it was in IW it doesn't exist.

In the end they ended getting lot of shit due Jenssen being a fucking white male, even though he is obvious yaoi bait.
>>
>>344647225
>each level is based around a gimmick

But the gimmicks don't repeat themselves and are all highly memorable. How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>344647810
Coincidentally, 911 is the number to call the Police in USA.
>>
File: princewat.png (381 KB, 509x415) Image search: [Google]
princewat.png
381 KB, 509x415
>>344653671

THE PLOT THICKENS. I THINK WE CAN GO DEEPER LADS
>>
>>344653927
You know, Chinese POLICE... using number for American POLICE as a passcode...
>>
>>344653629

It's not really that bad, every level at least felt unique, it's just some of the gimmick levels weren't that good like the one where you were a giant, or the underwater one. I think it's just the regular mechanics could have been a bit more in depth and polished, rather than relying on a new gimmick for each level. But again it's such a fucking minor nitpick it doesn't matter.

I think Pshcyhonauts is a fantastic game with some very minor flaws. Actually it's much better than IW really. Shouldn't have listed it.
>>
>>344653671
Didn't Paul say that UNATCO are Police?

Did Chinese work with UNATCO?
>>
>>344655152
UNATCO is like FBI i think.
>>
>>344655286
nah they are literally a militarized version of the un

one of the many conspiracy theories inserted into the game
>>
>>344655805
Well, i just started to play it.
Is there any reason to have riot prod if you have baton which doesn't require ammo?
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.