[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider yourself a "gamer"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: gamer.png (4 KB, 348x299) Image search: [Google]
gamer.png
4 KB, 348x299
Do you consider yourself a "gamer"?
>>
No.
>>
i play lots of games, so i guess so. the term gamer doesn't rly trigger me like it does some spergs here
>>
>>344633267
Yes, I consider myself a Gamer.

I'm fueled by Monster Energy and powered by Razer. ;)
>>
I don't consider myself anything
>>
No.

I consider myself a hipster though.

Not proud of it
>>
>>344633267
No I don't need a label to fit in with some crowd of "like-minded people."

Also this doesn't count as a vidya thread and you can't get around that by trying to be "meta."

saged
reported
fuck you
>>
>>344634597
k
>>
File: tumblr_l6gf1clMAC1qb1nb9.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l6gf1clMAC1qb1nb9.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
>>344633267
>I'm a gamer
> I play real games like Her Story and Gone Home
> Farmville is a fun game too
>>
>>344633267
I think I'd fit better under the weeb category then the gamer category.
>>
I consider myself gamer. also nerd
>>
File: 1462035531727-0.png (547 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462035531727-0.png
547 KB, 640x640
>>344633267
Honestly I don't really know. I never used the term to describe my hobby. I had never even heard the word gamer until I graduated high school and I'm 25 now. Still don't use. Nothing against people who do use the term but I've always said "I love video games" rather than "I'm a gamer" when asked about my hobbies.
>>
>>344634910
>tumblr
I'm so done with this site.
>>
>>344633267

I know more about videogames than the average person so yes?

The real question is why this simple word trigger you americuck so much
>>
>>344633267
Not anymore

Graduated, got a job, have a normal girlfriend.

At best, I am a gaming enthusiast now.

I had to turn in my gamers badge, razor mouse, and mechanical keyboard to my local game store. They let me keep my rig though.
>>
>>344634597
found the neckbeared katanaswinger.

M'anon
>>
>No no no, I'm not a *stamp collector,* I *collect stamps*! There's a difference! Gawd
>>
>>344636489
You mean stamper?
>>
>>344634597
it's against the rules to announce sage fgt
>>
>>344633267
Meh, if anything I'm a dirty casual gamer now.
>>
>>344633267
>lol who tf calls themselves gamer fucking cringe
>"gamers are dead"
>wtf do you mean gamers are dead im a gamer reeeeeeeeee
>>
I wish to live until well past my 80s
children with their great-grandchildren in our ancestral home
everyone enjoying their lives while I lock myself away in my underground secret room
playing myself to death with dozens of games to choose from
more than anything I'd like to die with the one thing I enjoy the most simply because I do
for I am...
a gamer 4 lyf

\m/ TT3TT \m/
>>
>>344639617
Funnily enough both of those were actually about the gamer stereotype rather than everyone who ever picked up a controller.
>>
I consider myself a faggot, cunt, trash, scum, scrub, worse than jews, dirt, that ball of hair and dust that lies in the corner of the house, an empty bottle of 7up. But not a ''gamer'' that is just stupid
>>
File: dog glass.jpg (27 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
dog glass.jpg
27 KB, 599x600
>>344633267
What do faglords and fagladies who get mad at this word suggest "a person who like games" call themselves?
>>
>>344633267
Literally who cares
>>
Just like you can smoke pot without being a stoner, you can play games without being a gamer. It's all about disassociating yourself with a shitty"culture"
>>
>>344641809
Ludophile
>>
>>344633267
No
>>
I don't build my identity around the media I consume. People don't say "I'm a watcher" or "I'm a reader". They just sound weird. I watch a lot of films. I read a lot of books.
>>
>>344642981
You fucking wot m8?

Are you a fucking nonce?
>>
>>344633267
generally i tell people that i'm a Fake Gamer Girl
>>
>>344643271
>People don't say "I'm a reader".
Yes they do. "I'm an avid reader" is a common phrase. Not only are you out of touch with reality but you're also painfully insecure.
>>
>>344633267
I mean I do play games. Whats your point?
>>
They sicken me deeply.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.