[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: mn9.png (799 KB, 1000x737) Image search: [Google]
mn9.png
799 KB, 1000x737
Better than nothing or worse than nothing?
>>
>>344627049
having literal nothing won't make me disappointed or mad.
>>
>>344627049
Fuck you I liked it
>>
>>344628764
you have bad taste, leave my board.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 209x241
>>344628764
>>
once you actually play it, it's not a bad game at all. no, not exactly what we anticipated, but Inafune did what he could while being rusty, and ad said, i got enjoy from it personally.
>>
File: 1466922660535.png (912 KB, 1280x1110) Image search: [Google]
1466922660535.png
912 KB, 1280x1110
>>344627049
I unironically enjoy the game. Quite a bit actually. It's by no means amazing but I do indeed enjoy it quite a bit, more than quite a few classic Megaman games in fact.

However, that does by no means excuse the project from having been one of the worst handled, most disingenuous, and most insulting video game projects ever. Or how the game visually speaking, is truly an affront to the eyes with how fucking awful the visuals are.

What was pitched and what was delivered just doesn't match up, at all. Not even almost. And in that regard, fuck the game sideways and fuck everything related to it.
That said. If you honestly don't enjoy the game to any extent at all, then I have a hard time believing that you actually enjoy Megaman that much to begin with. The gameplay itself, when disregarding just about everything else about the game, is still surprisingly solid even if it's nothing like initially presented.
But it probably helps that I never backed it personally.
>>
>>344630638
>thinking an indie studio could be capable of properly and efficiently handling a multi-million dollar budget

I got news for you...
>>
File: 1464543620881.png (427 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
1464543620881.png
427 KB, 640x481
>>344627049
>Better than nothing or worse than nothing?
it's something
>>
>>344627049
I don't know how to feel about it anymore. Obviously Inafune is sketchy as fuck and MN9 was a complete shit show, but since his public apology on launch day and explanation of development, i get the impression maybe it wasn't meant to be a scam, it was just a horrendous mismanagement of KS funds + totally overambitious and unattainable dreams of grandeur for the franchise from its inception.

like within months of the KS they had a TV series pitch put together, a gorgeous gameplay mockup vid that was supposedly made in just 1 week (and looked far better than the final product), a movie tie-in planned, multiple cameos in other games lined up, and merchandise to boot.

what killed the game in truth was the number of consoles they included as tiers on the KS. namely, attempting to put the game on all consoles simultaneously without his experienced former staff at capcom helping out.

they ended up needing to port every version from the weakest console upwards, namely 3DS and iOS. (not to even speak of the futility of trying to make a ps4/xbone game run the same on Wii U, a console notoriously difficult to port to without giving it special focus)
>>
On positive side, maybe people would be a little bit more conscious when trowing money on kickstarters.
>>
Even modern capcom would have made a less shittier game.
>>
>>344631280
>what killed the game in truth was the number of consoles they included as tiers on the KS. namely, attempting to put the game on all consoles simultaneously without his experienced former staff at capcom helping out.
This is a really poor excuse. Even for a 3DS game the game looks like complete ass. And that's the weakest link of all its platforms.

It's sheer incompetence. You can't just blame it on the 3DS.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.