[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT things that can keep you from playing a game no matter how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: curse of darkness.jpg (871 KB, 1117x1448) Image search: [Google]
curse of darkness.jpg
871 KB, 1117x1448
ITT things that can keep you from playing a game no matter how bad you wanted to do it.

>Bad animations for important actions.

Im a huge castlevania fan and so I really wanted to play Curse of Darkness but the running animation is so fucking awful (guy lifts his knees all the way up to his chest, like how the P.E teacher used to make you do in gym class) that I couldn't play it past 2 levels
>>
>>344626862
Flipping was faster.

And as much as I loved the game, it was mediocre to bad. Shame castlevania is dead now.
>>
>>344626995

The dodging animations looked like shit too.
>>
>>344627134
There's many legitimate reasons to dislike curse of darkness, but going after how the character moved is pretty petty anon.

That's coming from a person who wrote guides about this game.
>>
File: Alls well that ends well.png (298 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Alls well that ends well.png
298 KB, 500x347
I want to like Golden Sun but the battles look like pyrotechnic puke and I can;t tell the characters apart.
>>
>>344626862
I got to Death and stopped playing

I wanted every item in the game but I was too casual to mug Death, so I just gave up and eventually lost the game.
>>
>>344627403

I'm literally saying that bad animations turn me off.

>>344627406

Dont bother anon, golden sun is unironically one of the most overrated games ever, its pretty basic. Maybe it was novel for its time but it hasnt aged well.
>>
>>344627534
You got to within like 10 minutes of beating the game and unlocking boss rush where you could try to mug him over and over
>>
>>344626862
Are you the anon who made a thread about this recently? The running and bland level design are detriments, but I think CoD was pretty decent overall. The Innocent Devil system was surprisingly well done, the bosses were all fun, and there were some neat weapons to be had. I'd say its at least worth a playthough, but then again I like LoI and LoD.
>>
File: autism.jpg (26 KB, 455x625) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
26 KB, 455x625
>It's a sequel or set in the same world
>I didn't enjoy the last game or one of the last games enough to finish it
Sorry, I'm literally incapable of playing it.
>>
File: fuck this shit castlevania.jpg (190 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit castlevania.jpg
190 KB, 640x480
>>344627709
Now I just feel retarded.
>>
>>344629259

No, first thread I ever make about this
>>
Any Castlevania that requires you to grind for 100% map completion is immediately subpar.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.