[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got around to playing this as I missed 3 growing up, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Armored_Core_3.jpg (67 KB, 350x497) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Core_3.jpg
67 KB, 350x497
I just got around to playing this as I missed 3 growing up, I had 2 when i first got a ps2 but i haven't played these games in ages and i feel old and confused about these parts. Any tips on starting out?
>>
>>344625720
The smg is absurdly powerful on a light mech
I just floated around and did dps the entire game
>>
>>344626357
All of the games after it nerf the damage into the ground, practically useless at the cost.
>>
>>344626357
i mean kinda like build orders or something at first. like first few parts to purchase
>>
>>344627038
Replace your weapon, and then movement bits. Some head pieces have radars built in and you can buy those to save weight but they don't do an amazing job, and some don't have a bio-sensor but those are only useful in 2 missions.

Sell your starting gear you're replacing for extra spending cash.

Have two saves.
>>
Just experiment with parts and stuff. You'll quickly find a playstyle you're happy with if you save, buy some parts, trial them, and reload until you find something you like.
>>
Radiator does jack squat so don't buy one. Starting one will carry you all game.
>>
>>344629472
it's only useful if you're dumb enough to get overheated

happens a bit if you rush the arena
>>
I remember amazon clearing out the "collectors" edition of this for cheap waayyyy back when. Came with the game, poster, a shirt I think, and a pretty nice action figure.
>>
>>344629649
shit I wish I had a figure and shirt
>>
Find the build you like and go with it. It wasn't the most efficient way to go, but I loved me some medium-light weight, missile boat ACs. Made the game fun as fuck. It's like Legos, anon. Just mash shit together until you find what makes you go nuts.

for ACTUAL advice...
SMGs are really strong for large parts of the game, but they eat ammo and money like a motherfucker.
Energy weapons, as always, have free ammo.
I seem to recall generators to be some of the best investments early on, shortly followed cooling units and efficient boosters.
You can use the arena as a relatively good proving ground, especially after you rise a few ranks, so long as you don't care about the game tracking wins and losses.
Also, don't forget you can score free parts and loads of extra credits in the Arena.
There are also secret parts in some missions, if you know where to look...
Bonus missions are generally worth it.
Fuck Crest.
At some points in the game, you'll get a choice to fight or run. Unless you're feeling really good, running is the better option.
>>
>>344625720
Burn through it as fast as possible so you can import into the vast superior Silent Line.
>>
>>344631156

What's better about SL?
>>
>>344631175
Everything.
>>
>>344631156
I liked 3 a lot more than the other ps2 entries

2 is good though
>>
>>344631740

You must have played a different Silent Line than I'm remembering, anon....
>>
>>344631175
The missions, the arena, the ai partner that was a little bit terrible and a Lotta bit awesome. Literally everything.
>>
>>344631742
3 was solid, but really? Because LR and SL are the two best entries in the series. I thought that was just a given.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.