[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SYSTEM SHOCK FULLY FUNDED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 640x971) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 640x971
We did it /v/
>>
Maybe now they can afford to use a real engine
>>
>>344621990
No the stretch goals is for RPG elements. Enjoy your not Bioshock you fag.
>>
>>344621990
Wait what's wrong with unity?
If Warren Spector and Chris Avellone agreed on using it and obviously deemed it fine then who are you to say otherwise?
>>
>>344622081
>Having stretch goals at all
Might No 9 all over again
>>
The demo was cool.
>>
>>344622151
These aren't chink developers though
>>
File: 1445542312431.png (727 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1445542312431.png
727 KB, 1024x768
>>344621931
It's going to suck
>>
Why is anyone interested in shit like this? Why not make new IPs, new games? Why does everything have to be rebooted beyond cashing in on the name? Happens in movies too. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>344621990
>Unity is bad
not anymore since 5
>>
>>344622382
You're free to create a new ip
>>
>>344622382
Id rather have a remake of an old obviously dated game than a new shit game like horizon.
>>
>>344622382
>Why not make new IPs, new games?
Because whenever a developer makes a new IP, you all shit on it because you're unwilling to try anything new.
>>
>>344622382
Because new fails.
The days of seeing a slew of brand new concepts are over. This isn't the 90s anymore; there's no greater profit than a preexisting audience.
>>
>>344622382
Games like Skyrim getting a remaster is bs due to coming out not that long ago but come on its been 22 years since SS came out.
>>
>>344621931
>We did it /v/

We didn't do shit. You're thinking of reddit.
>>
>>344623996
whoever dropped the money did it
>>
>>344621931
I sure can't wait for System Shock: We want the Bioshock Audience Edition
>>
>>344622382
It isn't as easy as new IP will be a better game. A lot of older IP's are so good that they basically perfected whatever a clone (which a new IP would likely be anyways) can do.

One new IP that at the time I thought was going to blow everything out the water and become one of the greatest games I ever played was Assassins Creed. I remember the previews for the game being so exciting to see and everyone I knew that knew about it thought the same. It was going to likely define the entire generation and for years to come be something fantastic. Then it came out and we all played it. It wasn't that good and my interpretation of everything about it was pretty different then what I was led on to believe.

Then there is Mass Effect that turned into one of the most disappointing promising new series.

Point is old IP's are well established even though they can always get ruined with shitty new games to.
>>
>>344622382
I've never played the original and the demo looked great

I'd rather an exact copy of an old game that looks good and wasn't developed with an audience of mong retards in mind than a new piece of shit that caters to everyone and their retard children
>>
are they gonna get rid of the compass shit and put the minimap back in?
>>
>>344622382
when there ever was a game that needed a remake, that this is it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.