[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Rondo of Blood suck so hard anons? I was trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: retro-47875-11348327863[1].jpg (132 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
retro-47875-11348327863[1].jpg
132 KB, 1040x1040
Why does Rondo of Blood suck so hard anons?

I was trying to play all the Castlevania games between Super Castlvania IV and Sympony of the night (which is what I want to play) and I ended up with this game.

So far, the fight have sucked (on stage 3 right now) and the controls are severely limiting. I don't know how the fuck you can go from being able to attack in 8 directions to only being able to attack in two and on top of that, the secondary items suck harder as well.

How can someone fuck up this bad? I'm really tempted to just skip the Symphony of the Night.
>>
Because you touch yourself at night
>>
>>344621528
I started to recommend the older Castlevanias, but then I read your complaints against Rondo and realized you're just a twat or baiting.

The controls are intentionally limited. It's done so that movements and attacks made against enemies require deliberation. RoB has its issues (I personally think the level design is just frequently boring), but its controls aren't among them.
>>
SotN only lets you attack in 2 directions. lul
just saiyan
>>
dude, the controls are great
git gud, is the best clasic castlevania game
>>
You brought this upon yourself OP.
>>
get maria and proceed to rape the game because it really wasn't balanced properly for a character with double jump and the general mobility that she has, its proof that classicvanias are only hard because of the rigid character movement
>>
>>344626668
It's almost like she's meant to be a goofy, overpowered joke character.
>>
>>344627442
>overpowered
>she just has a double jump and a slide and dominates the game
besides joke characters are generally supposed to be shit, but yes she is more light hearted than richter i suppose, so I could see how you drew that conclusion
>>
>>344626668
>its proof that classicvanias are only hard because of the rigid character movement
Are you trying to say this is a bad thing? Because character movement is a vital part of a game's design.
>>
>>344621528

But Rondo of Blood is awesome
>
I was trying to play all the Castlevania games between Super Castlvania IV and Sympony of the night (which is what I want to play) and I ended up with this game.
It plays like a refined version of the previous Castlevania games. No wonder you're so surprised.
>>
>>344627586
She also has an attack that decimates bosses. She's a cute, intentionally overpowered character.
>>
>>344626473
>is the best clasic castlevania game
Eh.
>>
>>344621528
SCIV spoils everyone, that game is way too easy and would be better without the eight directions shit.

There's nothing wrong with the controls in RoB, just keep playing.
>>
classic cv
3>1>4>rondo>bloodlines>chronicles>2

metroidvania
sotn(nostalgia idc)>ooe>cotm>aos>por>dos>hod

3d
los>loi>cod>64
never played los2

and no clue where mirror of fate belongs but it was pretty good
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.