[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people complain about the morality system? You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
Why do people complain about the morality system?

You're only ever going to hit high chaos if you are killing every guard you see, and the probably some innocents like the maids. You can easily kill any guard that would otherwise make it impossible to go a certain way undetected, and your target and hit low.

I guarantee you could kill every with assholish dialogue and any other person who is objectively "bad" and still keep low chaos.
>>
>>344618871
why do people unironically act like PC games are better than console games? PS4 has the best games other systems can't even compete lmao.

"PC Gaming" yeah u mean downloading Pokemon GO on your computer and pretending u live in fucking japan.
>>
Because people like "choose an ending" at the end of the game like in Deus Ex and ME3 and don't want to be held responsible for their actions.
>>
>inb4 "why does the game punish me for having fun?"
>>
The problem with that game isn't the chaos system. It's the fact that character progression depends on slow-placed collectathon gameplay, creating a dissonance with the role you're playing, an assassin. You should be focused on getting in, avoiding guards, killing your target and getting out. That's what you should be rewarded for, too. Instead you spend an hour and a half digging through trash for runes, and five minutes on your actual job as an afterthought.
>>
>>344618871
I get what you are saying, but adding in a chaos bar or any indication of how much your chaos is growing would help mitigate the issue some people have with the game.

I personally don't mind it, but I would have like to have more non-lethal abilities/weapons to make the game more fun. If the chaos meter takes a lot of killing for it to actually do something, why have it at all?
>>
>>344621074
I mostly agree with this. The worst part of it was knowing that the game would be much more easier to just kill everyone and then collect stuff.
>>
>>344621451
>If the chaos meter takes a lot of killing for it to actually do something, why have it at all?
To have the game differ if you cause too much chaos. My question is that why are people complaining that killing everyone (or like 75%, I'm not sure exactly how many people you have to kill) on every level makes the world in the game fucked. Especially when it's following the logic of having more bodies for the plague to infest is a bad thing.

The chaos system in 2 from what they've said has a lot more going on, on top of seemingly more non-lethal options so hopefully that has people complaining less.
>>
>>344621451
I just started playing it and I hate that I only have a crossbow with 10 sleeping darts but the regular bolts can get up to 30 for some fucking reason.
>>
>>344621803
I liked this, it made playing nonleathal unique.
>>
>>344621803
you shouldn't have to sleep dart more than 10 people in the entire game if you play correctly and you're going for non lethal.
>>
>>344621985
I just forget if I could always have up to 10 or if I wasted cash upgrading it.

>>344622034
I like knocking people out though and everytime I see an enemy, I can't help buy not knock them out via grab or dart. Good thing I can just buy them after every job.

If I can "ghost" without the darts, I'll just do that I guess.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.