[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Valve a real developer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: valve[1].jpg (23 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
valve[1].jpg
23 KB, 626x352
Do Valve ever actually do anything?

There's the joke that they only make hats, but they don't even do that. They just pick hats that the community makes.

They're developing nothing. They are coasting on DOTA 2 and Counter Strike, both 15+ year old games. All of their games have been a success, but they don't have a shred of balls to create anything new anymore. They are a private company so they don't even have to worry about how they look on the market. Still, zero initiative to do anything incredibly bold like actually making a game.

Gabe gives zero fuck and lets his employees do what the fuck they want. Of course, they do nothing but innovate on ways on how to keep doing nothing by finding new ways to cash in on cosmetics and the the bloated world of worthless Steam collectibles. Since Gabe doesn't really do anything either, I bet it's a nest of nepotism where his worthless employees sneak in their worthless friends into the company and they all get to do nothing but sit around and eat candy all day and get paid for it.
>>
lol dunno ask my bff jill
>>
Pretty much spot on with this post. But they are actually doing something, trying to win the vr market (which is empty and desolate as fuck). Worst part is more devs are going to fall for the meme since all the vr marketers are hyping the shit out of this.
>>
>>344614415
>buy out cs devs
>buy out tf2 devs
>buy out portal devs
>buy out l4d devs
>buy out dota devs
Valve is just a publisher.
>>
>>344614846

They're probably the first who ever tried developing a VR headset but gave up on it. They only launched the program again because Oculus Rift made waves.

That said, what are their writers doing? Visual designers? Sound designers? Did you see The Lab? It's indistinguishable from indie shovelware.
>>
>>344615026

What do they do with the developers they buy? Throw them into the hatch and recycle them into snickers bars?
>>
I like how their response to Overwatch is adding something to TF2 that should have been in the game since launch. And Overwatch is still a better game.
>>
>>344616210
TF2 never needed matchmaking, let alone at launch. Good one.
>>
>>344616621

The reason I quit the game is that it's a 15v15 spamfest of whatever. Also, most servers were populated by unofficial bots.
>>
>>344614415
Not to mention half their games came from mods and game demos OTHER people made
>>
>>344614415
they are kikes who profit from reselling others games while investing nothing (unlike real publishers who invest shitton) and from by running cleverly disguised gambling

Valve is a parasite on PC gaming
>>
>>344614415
Why their logo is so fucked up?
What happens if your turn that valve? Is it stuck in eye socket or keep going to brain? Why is red, there a hot water?
>>
>>344617116
You could easily have picked a Valve server with no bullshit and real players when they had Quickplay still.
Too bad you and every other Overmemer fucked that up and now even "casual" mode is yet another game about queues.
>>
File: Untitled-44221.jpg (288 KB, 1200x492) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-44221.jpg
288 KB, 1200x492
>>344617334

It's pretty simple, as the included picture demonstrates.

>What happens if your turn that valve?

When you turn the Valve, Steam comes out.

>Is it stuck in eye socket or keep going to brain?

The valve is purely symbolic and meant to obscure one eye.

>Why is red, there a hot water?

The valve is red in reference to the Rothschild, or rather the "red shield" family. Look it up. The underling Gabe paying respects to the master.
>>
>>344614415
>Do Valve ever actually do anything?
-they are running the biggest digital game store.
-they are working on Source 2
-they are working on HL3 and other games
>>
File: 6c3[1].png (577 KB, 893x895) Image search: [Google]
6c3[1].png
577 KB, 893x895
>>344618218
>they are working on HL3 and other games
>>
>>344617668

What the fuck are you talking about. When I played, there was no such thing and I had to play on a fucking brony server because it was a rare server with decent players and no bots.

Save up some lunch money, buy Overwatch and forget the stupid, broken and unbalanced f2p parody that is TF2.
>>
>>344618423
I'm not a fan of mobas.
>>
>>344614415

I have a long copypasta I wrote up for these threads, so I'll just give you the short answer based on buying valve products and following them since their inception:

No, they are not game developers. They are third party software distributors. They have billions of dollars they could invest in new IP's, or into the Half Life series, they just syphon it into their own bank accounts and do nothing.
>>
>>344618954

>faster, more exciting arena-shooter version of Team Fortress
>moba

They went and took TF2 and brought it back to TF Classic pace and the TF2 memer is complaining because he can't afford it.

Jesus christ man, just sign up on bnet and I'll buy the game for you.
>>
>>344619083

Gib pasta.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.