[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming off of OoT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Put yourself in Aonuma shoes. Coming off of the smash hit that was Ocarina of Time, you are assigned to make a new Zelda game within a 1-1 1/2 year time span. What kind of game would you make that isn't Majora's Mask?
>>
>>344612382
Why can't we pick Majora's Mask? Best game in the series 2bh

Wind Waker or Oracle
>>
>>344612765
I share your opinion, I think it's the best one. This is just to see what other people would've done.
>>
File: wakeuplink.jpg (82 KB, 958x960) Image search: [Google]
wakeuplink.jpg
82 KB, 958x960
>game starts with a flash forward a few years after Ganon has been tried, and is about to be executed.
>It happens exactly like Twilight Princess, right down to him killing the Water Sage.
>1 YEAR LATER
>You see Link. Around 15 maybe. He's not quite adult Link. More like teen Link. (You know this stuff was in in the 90's, see Young Hercules)
>The Sages find Link as he's traveling in the woods on Epona. They relay what went wrong and that they need a new Water Sage or else the Kingdom will suffer drought. In exchange, they will help him find his friend Navi if he agrees.
>Link agrees.
>To do so, he must wed a Zora princess. He was already engaged to Ruto once, so there's no escaping it. He will do so again. Except in this timeline he never had to save her himself, and so he never earned the respect of the zora.
>King Zora gives him a trial to collect some mcguffins so prove him worthy of his daughter's hand.
>this, that or other happen; and a drought begins to affect Hyrule. The Zoras don't necessarily care because they have Zora's Fountain, and their subservience to Hyrule Kingdom is only bound under some special circumstance that the King voided by not being there to save Ruto or something (let's blame Ganondorf's trial). In order to establish their might, they leave Hyrule to fend for itself.
>as Link is finding a way to save Hyrule and become the new Water Sage, he ends up face to face with the thing causing the drought. Zant.

At the end of the game, Link defeats Ganon, foiling his return from the "Other World," and become the Water Sage. However, just then, the Gods rip him from the time-space and send him back to the Adult Timeline, causing the flood that stops the other Ganon from the future. Get it? Instead of the water replenishing the past, it goes towards the Great Flood. The Child timeline leads to ALttP, what with the drought and all continuing without Link until Agahnim shows up.
>>
>>344614441
>>344614441
I ask for a simple thing, you give me a masterpiece. Thanks Lore Bro.
>>
>>344614912
YW =^)
>>
>>344614441
>>344614912
Although it should be Ganondorf's subdual and/or the subjugation of the Gerudo that impeded the King from being there for Ruto. Not his trial. Maybe the Zoras even had a reservation against the idea of further war and that's what severed their bond of fealty. In any case, it'd all be Ganondorf's fault needless said.
>>
I definitely wouldn't make a game that has a 3 day time limit throughout the entire game, even if you can turn time back.

What a shit decision
>>
>>344616815
The day/night cycle was easily manageable tho and added a lot of depth IMO.

The only part I think they fucked up on was the time limit when you had to find the eggs. That took forever to find every egg and you had to reset at least twice to find them all.
(the eggs to get into the gerudo fortress thing)
>>
>>344612765
because majoras mask was shitted upon at release, convinving Aunoma that fans want the same formula every game
>>
>>344617467
>fans want the same formula every game
>makes Wind Waker
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.