[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was this guy's deal? Every other original leader had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: yang.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
yang.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
What was this guy's deal? Every other original leader had justifiable aims, understandable beliefs, and you could imagine a society functioning with them at the helm. I'm even finding Santiago's pessimistic philosophy to have some good basing, even if the eventual social implementation leaves a lot to be desired. But Yang's just an amoral nihilist cunt with vague claims of looking out for the majority, his society is characterised entirely by oppression, forced mutation and a complete lack of empathy. Does Yang have any redeeming features at all?

tl;dr alpha centauri thread
>>
Fuck Yang, I always go University
>>
>>344596226
one nerve stapling coming up
>>
>>344596226
He is a psychopath and incapable of empathy.

However he is not evil, he has decided that the society would be better if everyone was an emotionless dick and is smart enough to make it reality.
>>
Ever read 1984? That book explains pretty much what Yang was all about.
>>
>>344596226
>Not wanting humanity as a whole to be productive and prosper
Fuckin' individualists
>>
Morgan's aims weren't justifiable, he's explicitly in favor of consuming all resources and fuck the future.
>>
>>344596647
Zakharov is the reddit option

Tru bros go Miriam
>>
>Pick Yang
>Everyone at war with me by end game because I'm a communist
Even fucking Santiago betrayed me for no apparent reason.
>>
>>344597616
[PURGE]
>>
>>344597351
I always saw him as a guy willing to bet on future technology paying past debts. And besides, his people were happy and relatively free.
>>
>>344597616
>>344597674
That said, as Yang, you're running Police State + Planned pretty much all the time.

This irritates the Democratic Lal, the Fundamentalist Miriam, the Free market Morgan and the Green Deirdre

If you run Wealth, this pisses off both Sandy (who likes power) and Zak (who likes knowledge).
>>
>>344597838
I don't run wealth as Yang. Since he's a commie, that sounds counter to his interest.
>>
>>344597832
Maybe, certainly only the rentier class would make a gamble that big. And of course, only the rentiers would gamble other people's futures while thinking that's "freedom."
>>
>CAUTION: Earlier psych tests show suspiciously near perfect normals along all axes. Subject may use strong will and extensive knowledge of psychiatric indicators to manipulate test results in his favor.
>>
>>344597085

Well that's pretty much evil without an aim. The whole point of the book was they did it for no reason other than to fuck shit up and wanted to make a society of people that only wanted to fuck shit up.
>>
>>344599013
>
>>
>>344596226
Never undestood why anyone on the ship would pick going with him, unless he lied and betrayed many of his followes. But I suppose many of them must have done the same, since I don't think the university said "hey come with us, we are going to experiment with you, since you are not smart enough" openly.

>>344597428
Miriam ends up being one of the most sane leaders, at least on her quotes.
>>
>>344600301
promises of prosperity and security i guess.
probably some "coersion" playing a part as well
really like some of his quotes, they arent really "evil", just very different from what the individual would seek for his own betterment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_xh7xIabk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlPr2KHSFo
>>
>>344596226
Yang basically wants his people to be one unified well-oiled machine, and tries to get all of them to achieve the same level of self-improvement he has. Yang is one of those "sounds good on paper/in theory" ideals, but in reality it leads to planet busters and nerve staples.
>>
>>344597616
Yea but you are yang
this is no problem as a yang
>>
>>344599013
That's not true. Their aim was fundamentally to create a permanent tyranny, one designed to be impossible to overthrow. The idea being that throughout history, the elites are overthrown by the middle classes rallying the lower classes, so in 1984 a society is created that utlizes the lower classes while neutralising the middle classes completely via complete thought control. They wanted a society that is purely subservient, and a political structure that is fundamentally eternal by killing the individual spirit.
>>
yang is pure logical, unfortunatly humans are not 100% logical like computers but he's too psycho to see that.

efficient, is the word i'd pick for his strengths.

I usually play Gaia/Uni by the way.

>uni is reddit
getting planets busters and the tech tree done faster is reddit? alrighty then...
>>
>>344599013
I dont think you understood what the book was about.

Which explains why you dont understand what yang is about.
>>
>>344596226
Tang perfectly sums up asian culture and government though. Japan, China Korea and thailand to an extent all focus more on collectivism than individualism. Tang is just all about giving up the self for the group.
>>
Yang is basically a Lee Kuan Yew insert.
>>
>>344601517
True. But he is still right about the goals of the Party just being evil for the sake of being evil. No one really benefited from living in that society yet they endured all the oppression without getting anything out of it. And that's because people enjoy killing and enslaving each other.
>>
What's the game like this where one of the "Wonders" was this robotic pyramid thing that watched everybody? I thought it was Alpha Centauri but I can't seem to find video of it.
>>
>>344603936
Call to Power.

AI Entity is the wonder you're thinking of.
>>
>>344603030
The Party is evil because it is built on fear, and it's main goal is the eradication of individualism and human thought, while maintaining enough industry to keep the elites well stocked with wine and hot baths. The individual, loaded with self-interest, uncontrolled beliefs and rebelliousness, is the essence of humanity. That's what is meant by the boot stamping on a human face. The Party cannot abide the individual with all the dissent it entails. It must therefore crush the humanity of its people. I suppose that's the Hive analogy, humans represented as economic actors with unfortunate political aspirations that should be crushed immediately.

The evil is necessary to prevent the uprising.
>>
>>344604173
Thanks senpai, that thing used to spook me
>>
Extremist Zen Buddhism and Asian style Autocracy, the type that was preached to Japanese soldiers during WW2 that thought them to separate their own ideals and emotions from the task at hand, and drive that sword trough a civilian's neck while detached from the deed.
The sort of thought control that has been popular in eastern political philosophy since ancient times, which does away with individualism and puts every subject in a role to play with duties to preform at birth.
>>
File: DJZ4qin.gif (994 KB, 500x241) Image search: [Google]
DJZ4qin.gif
994 KB, 500x241
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.