[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lets gets a fuckin Morrowind thread up in this shit cowards.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: vivec.jpg (41 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
vivec.jpg
41 KB, 480x480
lets gets a fuckin Morrowind thread up in this shit cowards.
>>
>kill the duke just to see what happens
>nobody's dialogue is any different
>even the fucking steward right next to him says exactly the same stuff
>same with dren's guards

Shit game
>>
File: 1466993769019.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1466993769019.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>344596575
WTF?? NOOOO!!! DELETE THIS!!
>>
File: 141383799091.jpg (68 KB, 610x288) Image search: [Google]
141383799091.jpg
68 KB, 610x288
How did you convince Orvas Dren for the first time, /v/? I stole shit from his house using absolutely all of my shenanigans
>>
>>344596575
Morrowind NPCs are just wikipedia articles.
The fact that dialogue choices are literal hyperlinks make me immediately uninstall every time I try it.
>>
>CHIM
>>
>>344597435

I dont get why people say the game has so much depth.

Most of the NPCs in towns are basically just wiki articles. you could get rid of hundreds of NPCs in the game and it would make no difference. at least in skyrim every NPC is unique and has a few unique lines
>>
It's weird how you can be an orc or argonian or whatever and still be the leader of a great house
>>
>>344600101
.....And the content itself instead is copy/pasted.

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.
>>
>>344602189
B-but muh 15 whole voice actors recording the same 5 lines!
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 018.jpg (643 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 018.jpg
643 KB, 1920x1080
I just started playing.
wat a beautiful game
>>
>>344600101

I just get more pissed about how much MORE depth the games could have continued having if not for 'muh voice actors and having EVERYONE have a voice.

Hire more writers and have more individual lines of dialogue for everyone instead of having, for the sake of space and monetary costs, far less as a result.
>>
>>344604369

Now it is.

>mfw playing on the Xbox

Not to mention the bugs. Before console patches were ever a thing. At least the GotY edition eventually came out.
>>
>>344600101
>I dont get why people say the game has so much depth.
the TES lore goes way WAY deeper.

Morrowind as a game doesn't really in itself and doesn't do justice to the lore and how massive the world it.

Like any 3d TES, everything should be multiplied 10 times to 1000 times, likes the population of cities, size of maps or the height of the numidium.
>>
>>344596575
At least you can actually kill him in the first place

You know unlike some other games
>>
>>344604369
>I just started playing.
>Modded

I suggest any new player to give it a whirl vanilla.
But that's just a suggestion, take my opinion and wipe your ass with it if you want.
>>
>>344601509
Is there a real against that?
>>
File: Screenshot08.jpg (706 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot08.jpg
706 KB, 1920x1200
>>344605023
it's too late to go back now
>>
>>344601509

Redoran is the only real one that might be weird but they like honor and prowess in battle and it's fleshed completely out in the missions.

Telvanni couldn't give less of a fuck and Hlaalu has the Empires dick so far up it's ass they don't care either.

I wish Oblivion and Skyrim had three solid (and later interconnect) missions like that fully fleshed out. Oblivion had like 3 solid individual ones. Skyrim had one maybe in the Dark Brotherhood and even it was a shade of the Oblivion version.
>>
>>344596575
What about their disposition

>>344604996
>Attempt to kill "Heroic overpowered" essential character
>easily dominate that person even at low level and higher difficulty
>has shit gear related to my level
>forgives me for the 3 times I tried to kill said character in cold blood

I don't even want to compare morrowind and skyrim with this one (since oblivion is also guilty of it to some extent)
I think it would be much cooler and logical gameplay wise to have essential characters at their prime and have them bash your fucking head in if you tried to fuck around with them unprepared, no matter if Morrowind had done it before or not.
>>
>>344605398

Goddamn, I gotta go back and mod the fuck out of Morrowind. I did it with Tamriel Reborn on my old laptop years ago but couldn't handle graphics overhauls.
>>
File: MGSOinstaller.jpg (454 KB, 1572x1280) Image search: [Google]
MGSOinstaller.jpg
454 KB, 1572x1280
>>344605978
I mean they made it real easy with MGSO.
>>
>>344605978
>couldn't handle graphics overhauls
I feel you mane. My soon to be toaster can't pass the 30s once I look at some underwater caustics.
runs at a buttery 120 once I trot around plucking up some cliff racer asses in the mainland though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.