[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Pokemon Go is clearing >$1 million a day in revenue,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: mobilecharts.png (167 KB, 967x735) Image search: [Google]
mobilecharts.png
167 KB, 967x735
Now that Pokemon Go is clearing >$1 million a day in revenue, will Nintendo bother with consoles after the NX or will they become a mobile exclusive company?
>>
They'll do both.

What Konami doesn't understand is that you can actually make games for every market, instead of concentrating on one.
>>
>>344589821
>Nintendo investing consoles ever after this
Ahahahah
>>
The NX's future depends on that and the quality and release of its games depends on that.
>>
>>344589821
No one would care if it wasn't Pokemon and if it wasn't just the original 150. If it was some Mario or Metroid shit it would be a different story.

What you have to understand is that every idiot has a smartphone now. Most of them are normalfags who are on the bandwagon of thinking it's cool to talk about how they played Pokemon as kids. Now the normie scum are talking about Pokemon again and it's snowballing out of control.

That being said, this is just a fad and it will be dead in a month. That's what normies do. Also the game itself is pretty fucking weak. Nintendo is on to something here but they cheaped out big time. There's no real gameplay at all. If they include real battles like the handheld games have, I'd be impressed. This could've been the de facto way to play Pokemon but they fucked it up. No trading, no training of any kind, Pokemon that appear are all RNG and there's no rhyme or reason to it (despite what the normies think who are going to lakes looking for water Pokemon and shit), no legendaries, only the first generation, Pokemon don't even have stats or traits.
>>
I could see the NX having bluetooth connection with smartphones, and being able to use your phone's 3G/4G data, etc. There is no way Nintendo doesn't capitalize on this.

And good for them, they needed it. Pokemon Go just surpassed twitter in active daily users, I really think its the next big thing. Literally everyone with a phone is playing this, even people who haven't heard of pokemon before.
>>
Will die in a couple months
>>
>>344591574
>>344591753
lol I give it two weeks max
>>
>>344591574
Pretty much. I admit though I like it whenever Pokemon is "cool" again. Makes for fun times.

I just want to be able to battle another players pokemon phone to phone instead of just batling at gyms. I think the entire gym system needs to be reworked honestly.
>>
Just have Pokemon Go lead people to an NX announcement
>>
Is there a single source for how much Pokemon go has actually made?
Because so far the only thing they've got is being #1 free app which means jack shit, Miitomo got that too and fucking failed to make any meaningful money and then fell off the charts completely dead.
>>
>>344591574
>There's no real gameplay at all. If they include real battles like the handheld games have, I'd be impressed.
Wouldn't them ignoring their players when the game's so successful actually be less likely? Why are you acting like it's the other way around
>No trading, no training of any kind
What makes you think they're not going to add ANY of that? The game's not even been properly released everywhere, and people act like this is the final version.
>there's no rhyme or reason to it (despite what the normies think who are going to lakes looking for water Pokemon and shit)
Wrong
>no legendaries
no shit. Like they're going to just throw them in there without thinking it through
>Pokemon don't even have stats or traits.
That being what? Their attacks do make a difference when it's supposed to be super effective or w.e, and they carry a base power stat.
>>
Why the fuck was Pokemon Go the mobile game /v/ jumped on to? I wish Love Live got more love besides le epin todokete SilvaGunner memmay.
>>
Does anybody not realize Nintendo has nothing to do with this? Its Niantic and The Pokemon Company which Nintendo owns a share of.

Nintendo have zero involvement in the actual game.
>>
>>344589821
It's NOT a Nintendo game you fucking moron, how many people have to tell you this repeatedly????
>>
>>344592493
It's probably genwunners who only acknowledge the original 151. They show up in every Pokemon thread like "New Pokemon are shit because I don't like them".
>>
Hopefully Matsuda has no excuse now to dumb down the real games
>>
>>344592580
>>344592608
Gee I wonder who holds the majority of shares in The Pokemon Company and GameFreak? Probably Microsoft.
>>
>>344589821
The Nintendo we used to know is dead m8.
>>
>>344592608
There are those who fall for bait, and then there are those who worship the bait as their false god and use capitol letters like they mean something.
>>
>>344591574
It would be better if it had more than original 150.
>>
>>344592872
Nintendo doesn't own anything in gamefreak, but the Pokemon Company is split 3 ways between Creatures, Gamefreak and Nintendo.

Nintendo owns the trademarks to Pokemon.
>>
File: pokemon_science_waifu.jpg (1 MB, 612x2062) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_science_waifu.jpg
1 MB, 612x2062
To help people outside of cities who have no pokestops there should be a daily goal system like in hearthstone or something that gives you items when you complete them. Shit not even those achievements get you anything.
>>
>>344589918
Square Enix is doing it the best right now.

They're using the revenue from mobile games and mmos to fund their console vanity projects which keeps everyone happy.

But some developers will just look at that as a waste of money.
>>
>>344594017
I have a feeling Nintendo is going to initially use all their Pokemon Go dosh to help Niantic with server issues
>>
>>344589821
Im confused.

I have Pokemon Go and it hasnt charged me for anything so far. WHere is the revenue coming from?
>>
>>344592410
Miitomo was more of a social media, not something you would want to pour money in.
>>
>>344594017
>But Beancounters/Manager will just look at that as a waste of money.

Let me fix that for you.
>>
>>344594293

From people that goes into the shop to buy shit.

The game is free, but load of people will bite in to get more stuff
>>
>live in rural area
>only pokestop near me is 5 km from my house
>have to walk for ~45 minutes if I want to get 2-4 pokeballs and maybe an incense or egg
>only find ratatas and caterpies nearby
>have to pay real money or catch 10 or so of one pokemon to evolve ONE of those pokemon
g-game of the year, guys
>>
File: 1374289664151.jpg (95 KB, 629x540) Image search: [Google]
1374289664151.jpg
95 KB, 629x540
I thought you guys were funposting about this but I went to the food court today and saw several people playing this shit

Is this the first actual literal meme-game?
>>
>>344589821
I have no doubt suits will analyze this and there will be a major push for them to shut down their console development and go mobile platform exclusive.
I wish this Pokemon Go shit never existed. Nintendo are slipping through our fingers.
>>
File: 1437433682107.jpg (129 KB, 1326x1240) Image search: [Google]
1437433682107.jpg
129 KB, 1326x1240
>>344591574
>If they include real battles like the handheld games have, I'd be impressed.
Literally this

I would actually play this if you could trade/battle people directly
>>
>>344594465
They charge you 80p for a single incense, who the fuck is paying that
>>
File: Meme_Run.png (83 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Meme_Run.png
83 KB, 300x300
>>344594745
>>
>>344589821
>mobile exclusive
I've advocated for a while that they pursue a hybrid strategy, building a mobile controller that's required to play their games and then going mobile. That focuses on Nintendo's strengths, lets them do higher quality and higher profitability all around, and done properly would help satisfy their worries about piracy too at least as well as anything they've made so far (not perfect but decent). They're about the only company that could do it too. Apple might be a fly in the ointment there but they could go for Android first and see what happened, it'd improve their negotiating position if it went well.

Although if they can just do F2P typical mobilege shit and roll in the yen then I guess they probably won't bother with anything ambitious which is too bad.
>>
>>344594895
Are you new to the whole cell phone games thing?
>>
>>344591574
>No one would care if it wasn't Pokemon and if it wasn't just the original 150.
Every time it start dying, watch them add the next gen of mons.
>>
>>344594895
whales, same as any other f2p dogshit skinner box. if nintendo added some masterball thing that would let you catch a mew if you spent $10k I guarantee you there'd be people who'd do it instantly.
>>
>>344592418
>What makes you think they're not going to add ANY of that?

Why do you think microtransactions are in the game? If a feature would detract people from paying money, they aren't going to add it. Trading is never happening
>>
>>344596247
Nah, they could just make it take some microtransaction to trade too. Like every trade costs a small amount of pokebux, or it's semi-destructive (stat reset or something), there are lots of ways to add a feature like that and still get their blood price.
>>
Why the hell does Nintendo have such a boner for exercise? I'm not walking around for 2 hours to play a shitty mobile game. It'll be dead in 2 months.
>>
>>344595146
I might actually download it if they add in breloom and gardevoir
>>
>>344596247
except theyve already stated the opposite
>>
>>344591665
I have a phone and for the most part enjoy the Pokemon games and haven't touched this yet nor do I really have interest to.

Is my brain broken?
>>
>>344591753
Not really, this will revive Pokemon and Nintendo in a big scale. Normalfags dig it because muh nostalgia and no need to buy expensive manchildren devices. It connects people, makes you go outside and activates your inner autistic self.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.