[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there no good Civil War games? I want a awesome rpg or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Ulysses_Grant_1870-1880.jpg (657 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ulysses_Grant_1870-1880.jpg
657 KB, 1200x1600
Why are there no good Civil War games? I want a awesome rpg or something
>>
>>344589313
Because they would be hamfisted "ALL SOUTHERNS ARE EVIL RACISTS WHO DESERVE TO BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE ANIMALS AND HUMILIATED FOR GENERATIONS TO COME" type of games.
I'm very grateful that there are not many games based on the civil war.
>>
File: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.jpg (237 KB, 800x1125) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.jpg
237 KB, 800x1125
>>
File: 1374697477372.jpg (28 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1374697477372.jpg
28 KB, 500x393
>>344589580
good pick
>>
>>344589531
>implying American media and literature hasn't had a boner for some delusional "lost, romantic Southern way of life" for most of American history since the Civil War
>>
>>344589531
Yeah you're probably right
>>
>>344589531
>"ALL SOUTHERNS ARE EVIL RACISTS WHO DESERVE TO BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE ANIMALS AND HUMILIATED FOR GENERATIONS TO COME" type of games.

What's wrong with telling the truth?
>>
File: 1304822648944.jpg (63 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1304822648944.jpg
63 KB, 320x240
>>344590000
I was anticipating this response.
>>
>>344589920
>comparing fucking video games to literature
>>
There are dozens of Civil War strategy games. I'm actually surprised they keep getting made. I don't know who is buying them.
>>
Ultimate general Gettysburg is fun but it only got on map but you can play both sides. I gues they are a few wargames about the civil war but these are Nintendo tier in term of pricing.
>>
>"The Civil War wasn't about slavery or secession, it was about states' rights!"

It's true.

States' rights to decide wether or not to have slavery or secede, primarily.
>>
Sid Meier's Gettysburg was amazing.
I haven't tried the one that is basically an updated version of it yet.

Didn't the dudes who made Hinterland make a Civil War one?

There are also a few Civil War grand strategy games. Also, you have the expansion to Victoria II that adds civil war stuff.
>>
>>344589313
Probably because-- like world war I-- the American Civil War isn't really that interesting unless you take massive liberties with the equipment and way it was fought.

Outside of a strategy game, it's just not that good an era of history for vidya.
>>
funny how people still think the civil war was about slaves, and how Lincoln was this great anti-racist slave freer when he was racist himself and northern abolitionists was freeing the slaves way before him
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.