[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In all seriousness, what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: nintendo logo.png (52 KB, 2000x493) Image search: [Google]
nintendo logo.png
52 KB, 2000x493
In all seriousness, what went wrong?
>>
File: magicU.jpg (8 KB, 110x109) Image search: [Google]
magicU.jpg
8 KB, 110x109
1-pursue of gimmicks by Iwata (DS, Wii)
2-said pursue of gimmicks was successful (both consoles sold a shitton)
3-they're trying to repeat the Wii success with the gimmicks, leaving us with underpowered consoles (even more than their competitors, I mean, consoles nowadays are ridiculous)
4-Miyamoto is going senile, ruined Paper Mario
5-IS focused on the waifu aspects of Fire Emblem, and left the gameplay for dead
6-they refuse to release a console Pokémon game

at least they still release some good exclusives
>>
>>344588241

Nintendo's own and pride and hubris is what's going to kill them. Nintendo's full of old Japanese people that are losing touch with people.

If they didn't have Pokemon they would probably be fucked.
>>
>>344588241
They changed the logo from red to grey.
>>
>>344588241
Nothing.
They're the only videogame company worth supporting right now.
>>
>>344588579
>miyamoto ruined paper mario meme
>>
>>344589103
>Miyamoto telling IS that something should be changed doesn't mean anything meme
>Miyamoto's word has no impact on Nintendo/associates meme
>>
They used to be innovative. Now they cash in over and over on what was once innovative.

The games aren't worse for the most part. Super Mario 64 is still fun. Super Mario World is still fun. New Super Wii Mario World Land 437 will probably be fun. Just nothing new.

It wasn't just youthful overhype that made the old games good. I wasn't hyped for Majora's Mask, but it was a good game. The new Zeldas aren't particularly compelling because they're mostly safe retreads of existing Zelda tropes.

Will they release a new Splatoon with huge innovations in 4 years? Maybe. If they do, expect a new Splatoon with zero innovation 5 years after that.
>>
>>344589259
He didn't outright say shit.
>>
>>344589581
http://nintendoeverything.com/107335/miyamoto-wanted-a-change-in-atmosphere-lesser-story-for-paper-mario-sticker-star/
>>
>>344588241
They tried making their shit social while being autistic manchildren.

I sure fucking love friend-codes and the inability to add people to my friends list directly from my vidya.
>>
>>344588241
Iwata

Luckily, there is new hope
>>
>>344588241
NoA
>>
>>344589701
It's IS's fault they're still doing this shit in Color Splash, you cock mongler.
>>
>>344589907
just stop posting, Miyamoto apologist, and stop pretending that Miyamoto's orders hold no weight

how can someone be this stupid?
>>
>>344588241
Ruggarell not being phone range-baned
>>
>>344590095
Cause he literally has NO authority over IS.
>>
>>344590767
>Miyamoto has no influence over Nintendo or associates

you are a fucking joke, listen to yourself
>>
>>344588241
From what I can tell, it was mainly three things:
1. Driving themselves into a niche of casuality
2. The Wii U's first-party games, most of which were meagerly received for various reasons
3. Minimal third-party support

Right now, they seem to be trying to at least pull back into the mainstream casual market with their mobile material, which will theoretically be where the real money is.
Whether they go for actual gamers (which may or may not include /v/) is still in question.
>>
File: 1435954104024.jpg (28 KB, 549x442) Image search: [Google]
1435954104024.jpg
28 KB, 549x442
>>344588241
You grew up.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.