[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this How the fuck did they fuck it up so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 531514764d69a.jpg (776 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
531514764d69a.jpg
776 KB, 2048x2048
Just finished this

How the fuck did they fuck it up so bad?

You wanna be the Batman?
>FUCK YOU, PLAY TANK BATTLE
You want cool sidemissions?
>FUCK YOU REPETITIVE UBISOFT TASKS ONLY
Want to fight Batman's famous villains?
>FUCK YOU BUY 10 DOLLAR DLC
Want to finally fight the Ridler?
>FUCK YOU COLLECT 243 TROPHIES AFTER DOING AWFUL CAR PUZZLES
You want an ending at all?
>FUCK YOU 100% GAME OR FUCK OFF

How did this drop so hard from Asylum and City? Even Origins was better.
>>
>>344586454
I thought it was pretty good.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (107 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
107 KB, 400x400
>>344586454
>Even Origins was better

Now that's some original bait
>>
>>344586454
Doing everything but Riddler (as in all Most Wanted except Riddler) shit gives you complete ending sans the fear toxin Batman tease.

I basically did everything, racing and the Catwoman parts of Riddler stuff included, except the trophies.
After doing all other Most Wanted, the Riddler races and rescuing Catwoman I just downloaded a save with all Riddler trophies but one (it's on Steam Guides section of AK) and then simply picked that one up and finished Riddler then went to watch the ending.

It's the only acceptable way of playing this game unless you have autism for collectathon shit.
>>
>>344586986
I had read that only needed 7 complete Most Wanted missions to get the full ending. I got 8 and then it said I needed 3 more for the full thing. So I just quit right there. Fuck that collectathon horseshit. Open World cancer.
>>
>>344586454

Would have been salvageable if they didn't shove the batmobile down your throat, I think I recall their being like two boss battles, three if you get all the Riddler trophies but fuck that.

Origins is better, underrated game because of 'muh rocksteady'.
>>
>>344587160
There are 3 variants of the ending.
Incomplete (Main story with unfinished Most Wanted)
Complete sans Fear Batman scene (Main Story + all Most Wanted except Riddler and DLC)
Fully Complete (Main Story + All Most Wanted including Riddler)

Personally I didn't mind the Most Wanted outside the shitty Arkham Knight forces ones (mines/tanks/towers).

The races were actually quite well designed for the most part and fun distraction to do, besides there's only like 4 or 5 of them. Fuck Riddler trophies though.
>>
File: wish you where dead.jpg (64 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
wish you where dead.jpg
64 KB, 500x344
>>344586454
I dunno, I thought scarecrow fucking with Batman through his friends was kinda neat, and having Mista J constantly bugging you was fun.

Fuck the actual gameplay though. The fear takedowns ruined the predator maps, and they were my favorite parts of the other games. You couldn't even scare the goons in this one, why even bother?
>>
>>344586883
>>344587450
I genuinely enjoyed Origins because it had excellent boss battles (including the fight with Slade which was the most hype boss in the entire series in my opinion), a neat art style, an exciting conclusion, feels with Alfred, etc. I know people discredit it as a "cheap Arkham City clone" but it did so many things right. And Batman's voice was finally not stilted. I know Kevin Conroy has always been the iconic voice of Batman, but if you go back and play Arkham Asylum and City, the voice direction was so awful and stilted.
>>
>>344587940
I agree. I liked Origins too. The detective segments in it were fucking awesome as well.
>>
>>344587940
>it had excellent boss battles (including the fight with Slade which was the most hype boss in the entire series in my opinion)
fuck you because you are wrong, a quick time event is not a boss fight. Mr Freeze on hard mode from Arkham City is a boss fight.
>>344588118
>The detective segments in it were fucking awesome as well.
I'll concede the point
>>
>>344587940
>>344588118
I played Origins for the first time the other night and I thought it was better than City.

It didn't reinvent the wheel or anything but for the most part it was a really well done game. I even liked Batman and Joker's voices.
>>
>>344588118
Granted I fully admit that the criticism of Origins not being a massive step up from City is perfectly valid. I just think Origins doesn't get enough credit for all the things it did right. The shift in art/graphics style was really excellent in my opinion.
>>
>>344586454
I played for a few hours and quit. Having the bat mobile shoved down my throat ruined the game. I also disliked how the city emptied out and there was only criminals and those stupid tanks on the street. Would of been better driving the bat mobile in regular civilian traffic and give penalties if you kill innocents.

I destroyed entire armies worth of those fucking tanks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.