[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is hating RE6 a meme? I've seen so many people act like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: resident-evil-6-1920.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-6-1920.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
Is hating RE6 a meme?
I've seen so many people act like this game is legitimately awful like Silent Hill downpour.

But then I actually played and realized how fun and kino it actually is,even better than 5.

Is it just fanboys just not being able to think critically as usual because it's not exactly like the earlier games?
>>
>>344585528
Both RE6 and Downpour are great games.

Downpour is held back by some boring enemy designs and a terrible frame rate; while RE6 is held back by most of Leon's campaign.

The University should've had more of a focus, as well as Tall Oaks in general.
>>
Cinematic horror as detailed by Capcom.

Not survival horror, but a cinematic horror game. Literally forsake the fans that helped it become what it is. Also it's not too fun.
>>
>even better than re5

Like that means anything
>>
>>344585528
It is just fanboys and nostalgia. The original was soooo long ago and the feeling of dread and uncertainty was helped by the lack of control you had over the characters. The slow loading of the next room disquised by the loud steps or open door screens added tension. Basically the overall shittiness made the game a bit creepier. Then RE4 happens and turns shit toward action but keeping the tradition of not moving while firing. So new formula is action thrill instead of slow creep. Then 6 does the action thrill to the max and nostalgia fags want the shit back. Ignoring that RE6 is the first game with competent controls and works well with co-op better than 5. Oh well. The trailer and demo for 7 is a ruse. I can't wait for them to cry foul at a competent action game again.
>>
>>344586264
Better than 4 too.
>>
>>344585528
I legitimately didnt like it. ive tried a few times and havent been able to finish it. Its the only resident evil i havent finished and i think its one of the worst. Operation Raccoon City was worse but RE6 is pretty close to it.
The game didnt feel good to me as a RE game. i dont know how else to describe why i didnt like it.
>>
>>344586447
>as a RE game
>>
>>344586447
>>344585528
>It's not a bad game it's just a bad x series game.
>>
>>344586447
I play certain series with certain expectations. IE if i play resident evil i want a RE game. If i just want action zombies thats fine to but dont call it RE. Or make it a RE side series like how Megaman Had Megaman Legends. That was Megaman but i didnt expect sides crolling level selection game play.
>>
>>344586264
Mercs has just been getting better and better, aside from The Mercenaries 3D.
>>
>>344587509
After 4 modern iteratiosn: I really would hope they'd have a lot more options open to a player.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.