[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a GOTY ever been declared as early as this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: BotW_NA_Box_Art_Wii_U.jpg (2 MB, 1846x2639) Image search: [Google]
BotW_NA_Box_Art_Wii_U.jpg
2 MB, 1846x2639
Even in Ocarina of Time's day, there was still some room for doubt.

But next year? What could possibly beat this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGe3PzXifJU

inb4 MUH DOWNGRADE
>>
>>344581510
>first post is a negativity post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RtlpXsl8k
>>
La-mulana 2

NieR 2

Breath of the Wild has no chance to be as good as Majora's Mask.
>>
>>344581886
No one gives a fuck what Sonyggers think.
>>
File: zeldanews.jpg (1 MB, 1280x2855) Image search: [Google]
zeldanews.jpg
1 MB, 1280x2855
>>344581886
Not only will it be better than Majora's Mask, but it will forever cast a shadow over it robbing Majora's Mask of its only merits over Ocarina of Time. There will literally be no reason to go back to Majora's Mask other than the story.
>>
>>344581886
>nier 2

AHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH platinum drones are THIS fucking delusional.
>>
>>344582101
Get out of my thread asshole before I report you.
>>
>>344581886
Stop pretending that MM is better than OoT. Literally the only thing it did better was side quests.
>>
>>344581000
Persona 5
>>
>>344582139
>There will literally be no reason to go back to Majora's Mask

It's not gonna replicate majora's mask message, you idiot, it'll probably be an entirely different game.

>>344582237
And Graphics, and Narrative, and Atmosphere, and Lighting--etc.
>>
remember the last time a zelda game was proclaimed goty based on some e3 trailers
>>
>>344582227
Reporting is a bannable offense
>>
>>344581000
>twilight princess was mediocre
>skyward sword was terrible
>expect nintendo to suddenly turn it around after a decade
i have doubts
>>
>>344582396
Majora's Mask doesn't have a "message" other than A. This is a fun game. and B. This is the sequel to Ocarina of Time.

Also, that all falls in line with story even if it did, so you're not really putting up an argument against my point.

>>344582397
This wasn't just a trailer though.
>>
>>344581000
There's nothing that can beat this new Zelda game.

Nintendo also just won the next generation.

The NX is going to sell like water.
>>
La Mulana 2
NieR: Automata
Scalebound
Sea of Thieves
Persona 5
Dawn of War 3
Yooka Laylee
Pyre
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
DJMax Respect
Ace Combat 7

I have little confidence in games developed by Nintendo themselves these days, so even though BotW looks like it could easily be GOTY I'm very open to the possibility any of the above could be better than it.
>>
>>344582583
Link Between Worlds and Spirit Tracks were decent, to be fair.
>>
>>344581000
Game is pretty much GOTG already, not as if there was a lot of 10/10 games this generation anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbnWcCo_jg0

Also, nice trips.
>>
>>344581886
>Nier 2

I really wish Tarofags would off themselves.
>>
>>344582764
How does it feel knowing that all of those games are going to be added to the pile of "wiki/catergory/games_nobody_cares_about" while BotW will be discussed on here long after everybody has forgotten the names of all those series you just listed.

Go into detail if impossible.
>>
>>344582662
>Majora's Mask doesn't have a "message"
You lost all credibility in your post there, how could you argue BotW will be better when you don't even realize why MM is a good game?
>>
Why the people even like open world games? To me, open world is synonymous with filler, and this game looks like it has a huge open world.
>>
File: 1464030235343.png (72 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
1464030235343.png
72 KB, 353x439
>>344582764
>Yooka Laylee
>Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
>>
>>344583008
It doesn't feel like anything at all desu.

So long as they're good I don't care if anyone else talks about or enjoys them.
>>
>>344582662
Except for the entire plot about friendship.
>>
>there are people who think breath of the wild will be good even though it's clearly influenced by popular wrpgs of the time it was being worked on like skyrim
>>
>>344582764
Not a single one of those games look as good as Zelda.
>>
>>344583008
>Go into detail if impossible.

anon pls learn english better before posting in the future
>>
>>344582849
Not that guy (actually I'm OP), but
>Link Between Worlds
More like Link Between Bored. Once you've beaten it once, you've beaten it all the times you ever need to.
>Spirit Tracks
Depth-wise and thought-wise, I would say that this was a better game that ALBBored. Categorically though? It was worse in every fashion. Worst Zelda game ever made. Even the mini-games were not as good as Phantom Hourglass. Boating > on-rails
>>
>>344583008
just like TW
just like SS
just like link between worlds
just like 4 swords

even here in nintendo central the zelda games are becoming irrelevant
>>
>>344583235
subjectivity & opinions & etc.

>>344583107
They look great, have good demos, and are from two of my favourite dead genres ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>344583129
MM was more about what's on the outside is more important than what's on the inside, because the mask you wear both affects the outside world and is shaped by it.
>>
>>344583131
They've said they're not taking inspiration from any one WRPG a million times.

The source of their inspiration is Ocarina of Time, which lets face it, still has the best overworld of any video game because it's the only one that changes. What with the time mechanic and all.
>>
>>344583292
Why does a game need replayability to be good?

And what about ST did you not like? I personally thought it was the best 2D Zelda since the Oracle games when it released.
>>
>>344583518
it must be hell to be this much of a fanboy
>>
>>344583424
Skyward Sword is still discussed everywhere today for some reason.

Those other games you mentioned were potshots, like businesses do to delay lawsuits from going to court. They were never meant to hold up discussion.
>>
>>344583518
>Still has the best overworld of any video game
Majora's Mask
>>
>>344582989
It's not us, it's the platinum bandwagoners and console warriors now that nier isn't multiplat. Majority of us would sacrifice gameplay once again to improve other aspects but now you have the CUHRAZUHYYYY fanboys who won't pay attention to the story or played previous Drakengard games and argue gameplay is all that matters, which is ironic since a good chunk of platinum games all play the exact same and get boring in my experience.
>>
>>344583623
Zelda games are all about replayability. The original Zelda incentivized you to replay the game seeing how far you could get without your sword on the manual or tips & tricks guide. And this is in addition to being the first game ever to have a New Game+ feature that revamps the entire game.

ST sucked because of the format and design choices for the overworld that padded the length with the train segments. I liked how in PH your upgrades made your boat tougher. Why did they remove that feature from ST on top of whittling it down to 4 parts? You could say, they didn't have enough time, but in that case, why the hell did they make that the core feature of a game? What happened to the Moinks you see at the beginning of the game; they never show up again? WHY DID THEY COME UP WITH A COOPERATIVE MECHANIC FOR ZELDA, IF ALL SHE DOES IS SERVE AS AN ITEM YOU CARRY AROUND IN A FEW PLACES?! YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO FIGHT A BOSS WITH HER.

>>344583767
Ocarina of Time's is better. If the other three provinces changed in MM after you fixed each dungeon like Snowhead then maybe.
>>
File: Dino Crisis Best Game.png (37 KB, 506x481) Image search: [Google]
Dino Crisis Best Game.png
37 KB, 506x481
Admittedly, it looks goods, but zelda shitheads have been doing this since time immemorial. They see a decent looking game and hype it up so much in their minds that they just end up disappointed in the end.
>>
>>344583008
lol. You're fucking deluded. Zelda BOTW discussion is going to die after 2 months like all Wii U games without multiplayer. While games like Persona 5 and Nier will live on for years after release. There's a reason we still have daily Persona threads.
>>
>>344584948
How could this game possibly disappoint? Have you seen anything in the trailers or gameplay that would scream dealbreaker to you?

No? Then stop being a negative nelson. Zelda games get hyped because they are cultural cornerstones for high quality.
>>
>>344581000
Yeah, Mighty no 9 fags said this back in 2013 too.
>>
>>344585192
Same reason we have daily Overwatch and DOA threads despite all three games being shallow. Waifus.
>>
>>344583079

They offer a lot more freedom. The scale and scope of open worlds provide a greater playground for adventure and potential for role play.

Look at stuff like GTA, Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Stalker. Huge incredible games that offer hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Nothing wrong with linear games, but they tend to be much more limited. Again not in itself a problem, but then open world sandboxes aren't aren't a problem in themselves like you appear to suggest.
>>
>>344582583
Twilight Princess was arguably the best
>>
>>344585192
The reason there are so many Persona threads is because it's part of the Megami Tensei franchise and the new 3DS game is coming out soon.

It's like saying Hyrule Warriors counts because you see a bunch of threads every time there's new DLC.
>>
>>344585257
Not the same guy, but as someone who is already skeptical of any new Zelda game being good, every video I saw of BotW (which admittedly was not all of them) seemed like the game is focused on being an experience or a tech demo. It just looks boring and stale. Having interactivity means nothing if the gameplay is boring, unchallenging, and lacking true depth. I am already tired of the novelty of fire spreading, destructible weapons, and AI reacting to little things and I haven't even played the game yet.

>>344583079
Also this
>>
>>344584678
>If the other three provinces changed in MM after you fixed each dungeon like Snowhead then maybe.
But they do, except Ikana canyon.
>>
>>344582396
Except it didn't do atmosphere better desu, the only reason you think that is because it focused on one atmosphere the entire game. Every area in OOT has a unique feel and all are spectacular.
>>
>>344585807
>like the game is focused on being an experience or a tech demo

That's just what the E3 demo is. They literally removed all but one of the NPCs and limited what shrines and areas you could find just so they don't spoil too much of the game, to say nothing of the fact that we haven't seen any dungeons yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>344582397
It was right?
>>
>>344581000
Persona 5, possibly.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a longshot, but it could be better.

The NX launch lineup still has yet to be announced. Nintendo could have something else up their sleeve for the launch or for its first holiday season.

You're basically right though, Breath of the Wild looks fucking incredible. And I say this as someone who has only ever had a passing appreciation for the Zelda games.
>>
File: n1uknhxjmwvbgv5yocze.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
n1uknhxjmwvbgv5yocze.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>344585257
Learn how to read, moron. I just told you how. By letting your expectations soar so far that anything that doesn't meet them is a disappointment.

They've been doing it since years before Twilight Princess, and probably before then, but my memory only goes back so far.
>>
>ocarina of time was the best game released in 1998
Are you underage or just a nostalgic redditard who was so unfortunate as a kid that his parents bought him a fucking n64?
>>
>>344582227
>Reporting
Kill yourself.
>>
>>344585728
SMT IV Final has no affect on Persona threads. It all because of Persona 5.
>>
>>344586006
2006 was a pretty shit year if I recall correctly, so, sure, why not?
>>
>>344586156
This
>>
File: hyrulecastle.png (2 MB, 2335x1260) Image search: [Google]
hyrulecastle.png
2 MB, 2335x1260
>>344583079
Zelda games have very tightly designed overworlds with little emptiness, like BotW shows so far. It's not as big as people think. Pic related. The demo in BotW shows off almost the entire map.

What this means is that there's going to be a high concentration of stuff to do in a moderate sized area, and so it's not like openworld games that you're thinking about.

I mean, even then, garbage games like GTA still have a lot to do. And this is Nintendo's first foray into a game this big, so of course there's going to be even MORE.
>>
>>344581000
>Glorified Ubisoft openworld
>goty
If it didnt have Nintendo slapped on it people wouldnt care. Game looks super generic
>>
>>344586270
God Hand
Mother 3
etc
>>
>>344581886
>NieR 2
Get over yourself.
>>
>>344581000
holy hyrulebole keeseman
I mean Im hyped for the game as well but lets be serious here, theres no way its gonna be a milestone of a comparable magnitude to what OoT was
>>
>>344581000
Red Dead 2
>>
>>344586378
Yep, checks out. Shit year.
>>
>current year
>still feeling hype
>>
File: 1 4chin e32016.gif (3 MB, 536x300) Image search: [Google]
1 4chin e32016.gif
3 MB, 536x300
>>344581000
fuck off nintendrone
>>
>>344586006
Kek.

>>344586145
>They've been doing it since years before Twilight Princess, and probably before then
See >>344586006

>>344585807
>I'm already tired of X feature
Well, the fact that Bill Trinen has played through the game but still wanted to do stuff like that while he was ON AIR, tells me that once you get off the plateau, there's so many things out there in the world you lose sight of any individual features.
>>
>>344586468
I remember when you could get banned for shitting on god hand
>>
>>344586576
That would certainly explain why a disproportionately large number of users here claim to like it.
>>
>>344581886
>Breath of the Wild has no chance to be as good as Majora's Mask.
Probably not, but I'm still fuckin' hyped for it. I think it'll be great. It'll never live up to Majora's Mask because it's my favorite game.
>>
>>344586539
what kind of dumbshit console fanboys keep making these retarded console war meme gifs Ill never know
but honestly that one has got to be one of the worst they didnt even bother putting in the faces of like phil spencer or miyamoto or whoever over the simpsons characters, they just put the corporate logos ... thats some degree of lazyness added to the retardation that makes it the peanut topping on that particular shit sandwich
>>
>>344586270
>>344586468
Nevermind. Just remembered Okami came out in 2006, and that's way fucking better than Twilight Princess.
>>
>>344586721
Moot, the guy who used to run 4chan before the new pres, was a big-time Sony fan. Back in 2008 he changed the music for /b/ to MGS4's ending to commemorate its release.
>>
>>344581723
uhh Im pretty sure he wasnt being negative? he was just preemptively trying to discourage the trolls ...
>>
File: 1339803089008.jpg (51 KB, 614x572) Image search: [Google]
1339803089008.jpg
51 KB, 614x572
>>344581000
>Nintendo jumps on the open-world bandwagon
>People call it "innovative" just becuse it doesn't follow the old, tired ass OoT formula
>GOTY!
>>
>>344582397
yeah that's a fairly good point ... still ... I still think BotW shows plenty of promise that its not going to be a repeat of TP
>>
>>344581000
Except Pikmin 4 already shits all over Zelda you faggot.
>>
>>344582583
>skyward sword was terrible
thats just not true though? just because it used an unfamiliar control scheme so that there was a learning curve (like there is for every control scheme - see what happens when you hand a regular-ass controller to someone whos never played a game before for the first time; or people trying to learn to use fightsticks) doesnt make it a bad game
in fact SS had the best combat mechanics of the entire series; too bad outside of some of the boss fights they were never put to proper use by the game
>>
File: dat art.png (640 KB, 800x481) Image search: [Google]
dat art.png
640 KB, 800x481
>>344586932
I've never played Okami, but it seems to follow The Wind Waker style.

>flashy game with exorbitant budgeting of music/art.
>weak fundamental core gameplay with little replay value.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Twilight is far from the best game ever, but at least it never has a dull moment in the twenty-something hours it takes to play through just the main-game alone. You're talking about the game that invented dodge-rolling and inspired the Souls series. I mean, the beginning of TP where you have to save the kid while keeping your eye on your lantern oil is pretty much where From Software got the idea.
>>
>>344587008
I'm excited to see Nintendo do an open world game because I'm confident they'll have a unique take on the genre, and it will feel fresh. In addition to that, I expect an unparalleled level or polish. I think I speak for most people when I say I'll be very disappointed if BOTW fails to significantly differentiate itself from standard open world games like Mad Max, Assassin's Creed, or Dying Light.
>>
>>344586995
As Batman would say, it's all the same.

Would you try to prevent vandalism of a building, by burning down the building?
>>
>>344586156
you know, admittedly, Id have a tough time chosing between OoT and thief :/
>>
>>344587706
except he was providing evidence against the trolls to go along with it as a preemptive measure
saying "inb4 muh downgrade" (i.e., "trolls are gonna say this was downgraded") together with a video of footage proving that it is very much a good-looking game is not burning down the building
>>
File: Into the trash.jpg (52 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Into the trash.jpg
52 KB, 620x349
>>344587502
>thats just not true though? just because it used an unfamiliar control scheme so that there was a learning curve

Am I really going to have to make one of those "WHY SKYWARD SWORD IS A TERRIBLE GAME REGARDLESS OF MOTION CONTROLS" infographs?

It was a step down from Twilight Princess in L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y every capacity. I can't think of anything it did better and I played the game through two and a half times. I'd rather play through TP 10 times than SS once.
>>
>>344587549
Okami has much better gameplay fundamentals than Wind Waker. It was directed by Hideki Kamiya, the creator of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. The combat isn't as deep as either of those games, but Kamiya's skill in creating games with great fighting still shines through.

Also, I liked Wind Waker much more than Twilight Princess, so we probably just come to games for very different things. I've never replayed a Zelda game any sooner than five years after my first playthrough, so replayability has never been a concern for me.

>Twilight is far from the best game ever, but at least it never has a dull moment in the twenty-something hours it takes to play through just the main-game alone.

To me it's all dull moments. Twilight Princess was one long dull moment. It was by no means a bad game, but its existence felt wholly unnecessary. It didn't do anything new or unique. Wind Waker at least felt fresh.
>>
>>344587549
You actually paid attention to your lantern oil? Also, every wolf section after the first one was pretty dull.
>>
>>344588076
ah ok youre at least not one of those "the motion controls didnt work (because Im an amotoric aspie and dont know how to move a wiimote)" morons, then
I actually mostly agree, then, except that the overworld in TP was just as shitty as in SS, just in a different way
on the plus side, TP had some amazing dungeons, but so did SS; and in fact Id say the best of SS's dungeons (the timeshift stones ones) are better than the best dungeons in TP, but admittedly thats somewhat a matter of taste
but in the end SS had undeniably some of the best dungeons in the entire series; that makes it far from a bad game
in terms of dungeons, the only thing TP had over SS was quantity, not quality
on the other hand, I utterly hated the entire structure of the gameplay progression and overworld in TP, and unlike SS, there wasnt a single likeable character outside of the companion (midna) in TP
overall, I liked SS better than TP, but Id say its a matter of taste which of the two is better; but that doesnt make SS a bad game
>>
>>344588076
don't even bother with them, they're the same faggots who parrot "IF YOU DON'T LIKE STAR FOX ZERO IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE BAD AT THE GAME"
>>
>>344588261
Oh you're one of those "story guys." Twilight Princess did a lot of new things that no games had ever tried.

Combat in everything; horse-rising, swimming, sniping with bow, wrestling, wolf mode, boss fight QTE segments, and most in-depth sword controls of any video game (I'm honestly surprised no game has attempted to have an avatar move around in different ways again depending on how he's facing or the stick/camera position). You can ride a boar and smash your way into an enemy camp, or fight your way through. It's prctically the original BotW.

Ok, so you're right, besides that, there's not a whole lot new, but that's only because its predecessors already did so much. I'm sure Okami is fun, but I never hear much about Okamiden. I wonder if it's had a single thread in three years.
>>
File: 1438739807087.jpg (21 KB, 317x233) Image search: [Google]
1438739807087.jpg
21 KB, 317x233
>>344588261
>but Kamiya's skill in creating games with great fighting still shines through.

unless you have the wii version, that is.
>>
>>344588076
Is this good enough?
>The sky is completely useless, there's nothing you need in it. It's pointless filler.
>Fi interrupts you, pauses gameplay, to tell you the answer to the goddamn puzzle. At least navi only nagged you by voice, and very rarely ever stopped you. Fi is not optional.
>Reusing the same areas multiple times. Reusing the same bosses multiple times. Reusing the same combat mechanics without real enemy variation (oh look he's holding it high now I better not attack there)
>Needless padding like tadtones collecting that is simply not fun
>Last third of the game doesn't even have dungeons
>Takes 2 hours to the first dungeon. In OoT you can be in the deku tree doing zelda things within 10 minutes if you really wanted to
>That fucking harp, what were they thinking
>Silent realms were actually pretty fun, I was surprised.
>Dungeon design was actually pretty sweet at times. Builds on items received instead of forgetting about them. Ancient Cistern shows how good the game is at its best. But that's few and far between. Anything related to timeshift stones show this too.
>>
>All these niggas typing paragraphs trying to argue their point

For why?
>>
>>344581000
I just want a classic opening chest animation and then I will say its goty
>>
>>344581000

people said twilight princess would be good

people said skyward sword would be good

why do you idiots buy into hype?
>>
>>344590101
What if they're saving it for significant items like heart containers and boss keys?
>>
>>344589985
>Takes 2 hours to the first dungeon. In OoT you can be in the deku tree doing zelda things within 10 minutes if you really wanted to
true. but in TP its much worse even than that. this is a major reason why I actually like SS better than TP, frankly.
>>
>>344582849
>Handheld Zelda games
>Good
How can one man be this fucking retarded
>>
>>344581000
Lots of games will be better, I grew out of Nintendo shit years ago. Nintendo copies tropes of The Witcher and Skyrim and makes the Tomy version. Yeah, no thanks.
>>
>>344590368
well my last handheld zelda was PH but I liked it, so there
and for the record Ive played and completed the following zelda games: LoZ, OoT, WW, PH, TP, SS
>>
>>344590346
Both are really bad in that regard. Handholding of this magnitude really doesn't fit for a good adventure.
>>
>>344590368
Minish Cap is top tier faggot
>>
>>344590346
They're about the same timewise, TP is a lot quicker to ramp up than SS though.
>>
File: 1435111196579.png (117 KB, 262x255) Image search: [Google]
1435111196579.png
117 KB, 262x255
>>344590368
>not liking the Oracle games
>not liking minish cap
>not liking ALBW
>not liking Link's motherfucking Awakening

Nigger your taste is worse than shit.
>>
>>344590179
thats fine I just want it in the game
>>
>>344587008
>>344587636

Have you nignogs ever heard about Xenoblade
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-30+at+05.31.52).jpg (12 KB, 164x165) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-30+at+05.31.52).jpg
12 KB, 164x165
Final Fantasy VII Remake
>>
>>344592212
you mean the dogshit MMO wannabe that no one care about ?

i remember its sequl being hyped up and thrown aside into trash can when everyone realize what a chore that was
>>
>>344581000
>Has a GOTY ever been declared as early as this?

Not so much as it will be GOTY but Nintendo fans desperately must have it be, because there's no other options for them.
>>
File: 1466234000891.jpg (72 KB, 1000x703) Image search: [Google]
1466234000891.jpg
72 KB, 1000x703
Skyrim
>open world meme game
>casual normie garbage

Horizon
>ughh female protag
>SJW SJW!
>cinematic open world
>worst game ever sonygger

Zelda
>same tired open shit but with muh zelda coat of paint
>baby tier content with an empty open world
>H-holy shit! goty goty Nintendo won!

Its literally ok when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>344592334
OP is talking about 2017 not 89073245234327047092340235730945
>>
File: wild.png (2 MB, 1132x935) Image search: [Google]
wild.png
2 MB, 1132x935
remember /v/, buy this game, do it for her.
>>
File: Cl4YxzHVYAUG7gc.jpg (396 KB, 1220x2048) Image search: [Google]
Cl4YxzHVYAUG7gc.jpg
396 KB, 1220x2048
>>344581000
No.

I've learned to remain wary and pessimistic after the mega hype-train that was Twlight Princess.
>>
File: 1462910903282.jpg (51 KB, 604x550) Image search: [Google]
1462910903282.jpg
51 KB, 604x550
>>344592957
>nintendo fans

i just hope the combat isn't as shallow as it looks. nintendo doesn't seem to get that there's middle ground between "press b to fireball" and bayo 2's terrifying, overwhelming combo list

also wind waker is the best zelda title (not the wii u EZ sailing version, either; the gamecube release with tedious sailing)
that's also why dark souls 1 is better than 2 or 3; earning the right to fast travel makes it so much more fulfilling
>>
File: 1HO2rXl.jpg (39 KB, 600x220) Image search: [Google]
1HO2rXl.jpg
39 KB, 600x220
>>344593056
pic related is you
>>
File: hrmmm.gif (2 MB, 158x246) Image search: [Google]
hrmmm.gif
2 MB, 158x246
>>344581000
>past few Zeldas have ranged from "okay" to "awful"
>game is taking place in a massive open world, a genre /v/ has become increasingly critical towards in the past few years
>E3 footage was good but had plenty of problems and was specifically altered to hide certain stuff, meaning it shouldn't be totally indicative of the final product
>increasingly obvious the NX version won't be a drastic upgrade

>GOTY ALREADY CONFIRMED

I don't get it. Are you really letting the hype get to you this much?
>>
>>344590162
>people said skyward sword would be good

I remember SS's reception being pretty mixed honestly. 50% deluded themselves into believing it was going to be a good Zelda game while the other 50% realized it was going to be shit as soon as they set their eyes on the game footage.
>>
File: 1466814313588.jpg (159 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1466814313588.jpg
159 KB, 500x375
>game with console DRM
>GOTY

I'm gonna have to say nay, comrade.
>>
This game won't even be released in 2017. Deep down everyone here knows it's true.
>>
>>344593317
How come you didn't list any of those problems?
>>
>>344593314
>le zelda cycle meme

No, the series is just becoming progressively shittier with each new installment. I sincerely hope that TP wasn't babby's first Zelda game for you, though.
>>
>>344593570
It's already finished. Miyamoto let it slip that he "hasn't actually played through the whole game" yet. And they've already mentioned the final boss can be reached without X circumstances fulfilled.
>>
IT'S TIME. Post your favorite:
>2D Zelda
>3D Zelda
>Overall Zelda
>Temple
>Overworld type (sea, sky, field)
>>
>>344593696
It's probably been finished for a while now, they're literally just shelving it until the NX's launch date.
>>
>>344593627
>ALBW is worse than SS

yeah fucking right.
>>
>>344593696
Miyamoto hasn't played the whole game yet because it isn't finished. What does the final boss have to do with the game being done? They don't design, engineer, and code a game in the order you progress through it.
>>
File: WE.jpg (91 KB, 800x998) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
91 KB, 800x998
>>344593627
>babby's first Zelda game
I played all the mainline zelda games excluding zelda 2 and skyward, I enjoyed twilight princess the most.

I just think you have no personal choice and just follow what ever /v/ says is good since you rely on "zelda cycle meme" and "babby's first" to make an argument.
>>
>>344593891
ALBW is just a rehashed ALTTP, that's why it's so good compared to most of the crap we're getting now.
>>
>>344593317
>increasingly obvious the NX version won't be a drastic upgrade
please share your insight, oh seer of the future.
>>
>>344594140

The fact that neither version can attain 60 FPS should be the first sign.
>>
>>344593341
Zeldafag here, and I was pretty unimpressed with what Nintendo showed off of Skyward Sword initially, though I got caught up in the hype more towards release (the video that showed the main theme is zelda's lullaby played backwards), but holy fuck I was in so much denial of how bad it was.
>>
>>344593582
Fine.

>general graphical downgrade
>framerate issues during effect-heavy sequences
>shit draw distance and pop-in

But for some reason posting a webm of fire creating an updraft or Link launching a boulder is enough to totally ignore these problems and propel the game in "GOTY" territory, when there are plenty of reasons to be skeptical about it. The open world thing is particularly hypocritical. You spend that much time shitting on empty open worlds and then Zelda rolls around with an open world that is apparently pants-shittingly huge and suddenly open world games are cool again?

>>344594140
Literally one second after we started seeing obvious graphical issues with the footage the go-to response was "the NX version will be way better" as if they already knew it was going to be some sort of graphical powerhouse but right away we saw lots of people downplaying the power of it. If the NX version was gonna melt faces then they would have shown it. They don't have a reason not to.
>>
>>344593771
>Link's Awakening
>Majora's Mask
>Majora's Mask (what's the point of this one?)
>The mansion in TP
>Land that spans out over many types of environments (TP, ALttP, OoT, MM)
>>
>>344594096
But that's directly against your argument, it's not shittier than SS.
>>
File: MM.jpg (145 KB, 719x1111) Image search: [Google]
MM.jpg
145 KB, 719x1111
>>344593771
The Legend of Zelda
Majora's Mask
Majora's Mask
Stone Temple
Field
>>
>>344582101
Good thing BotW isnt a threat.
>>
>>344594236
we literally don't have a clue what the NX is yet we are already saying it's underpowered?

>>344594469
> If the NX version was gonna melt faces then they would have shown it. They don't have a reason not to.
They haven't shown it off because they hadn't revealed the NX yet. Odds are the NX prototype wasn't ready, or the controller had issues. Or they just decided not to.

Despite that, Nintendo is still desparate to convince people the Wii U isn't dead in the water. Zelda is a WII U EXCLUSIVE (also available on NX but what's that?)
>>
>>344594684

>we literally don't have a clue what the NX is yet we are already saying it's underpowered?
Since the late 2000's, every single console ever released was years behind your average PC, so yes, it's underpowered by default.
>>
>>344594684
They didn't have to show the NX, just the improved footage.
>>
>>344594469
>But for some reason not harping on a some technical hiccups and instead on the gameplay mechanics that look genuinely interesting and are a clear step up from other open-world games that don't let you do shit with the environment beyond looking at it propels the game in "GOTY" territory
Yes, it does. You can't do anything with the environment in games like Skyrim or Witcher beyond picking up items and looking at it. Zelda looks like it'll have a lot you can interact with and there will be puzzles and fun little shit to do all over. It's doing exactly what open-world detractors have been asking for, making the open-world actually relevant and part of the gameplay and not just a backdrop.
>>
File: cabbage nig.jpg (93 KB, 597x387) Image search: [Google]
cabbage nig.jpg
93 KB, 597x387
>>344593771
>Minish Cap
>Majora's Mask
>Link to the Past
>Shadow Temple (most memorable)
>The Town in Majora's Mask was comfy.
>>
>>344593771
>Link's Awakening
>Majora's Mask
>Ocarina of Time
>Forest Temple/Spirit Temple/Stone Tower Temple tie
>WW's Great Sea
>>
>>344594826
If we're gonna be comparing to PC we might as well stop talking because they're always behind. In terms of console power, we don't know where the NX sits. Could be stronger than the PS4, could be weaker than the Xbone, could be somewhere in the middle. Who knows?

>>344594850
and then what, have immediate comparisons to the demo units and have a shitstorm of "NINTENDO TOTALLY FUCKING LIED GUYS THE REAL GAME DOESN'T LOOK THIS GOOD"?

If the NX wasn't ready and they showed NX footage, they couldn't have put the demo units on the floor.
>>
Sony will yet again shit on anything Nintendo has in store.
>>
File: 1331157161849.jpg (96 KB, 395x500) Image search: [Google]
1331157161849.jpg
96 KB, 395x500
>>344595342
okay
>>
>>344595078

>Who knows?
The point is that Nintendo is trying to sell me hardware and a game that'll be infinitely weaker than something I can already play on the PC. Shooter, The Witcher 3 already beats it on the sole facts that I can mod it, use a KBM, change the graphical settings, and etc.

I won't be able to mod Zelda. I won't be able to use a controller that I find comfortable. I won't even be able to change the FPS. I'll have to deal with 20 if I'm fortunate enough. That's disgusting to me, as a customer who's had enough sacrificing his high standards just so a corporate entity can make a profit. Thats not happening again.
>>
>>344595485
>The point is that Nintendo is trying to sell me hardware and a game that'll be infinitely weaker than something I can already play on the PC.
but you can't play Zelda: Breath of the Wild on PC.

>as a customer
kek you haven't bought anything since you built your PC.
>>
Zelda has been shit post Majoras mask.

Sonys gonna win anyway.
>>
>>344595785
I would say it's been going down the drain since TP. TP being the last decent Zelda game - not good mind you, just decent.
>>
>>344595646

>but you can't play Zelda: Breath of the Wild on PC.

Yes, i can. It's called The Witcher 3.

>kek you haven't bought anything since you built your PC.
You and I both know how this ends: I'll show you my purchases on steam and gog and desura, and you'll say "haha what a fag, using DRM" even though I'm not locked to any one platform, and then it'll just be shitposting from there. Do you really want that? I'm trying to have sensible discussion.
>>
>>344595342
You mean like Knack, the Order, Killzone, Infamous, etc?
If you're implying that Horizon will be anything other than a 7.5/10 then you got another thing coming.
>>
>>344595342
They're nothing but copycats anon. Sony and Ninty and Microshit, they all copy each other
>>
>>344595915
>Yes, i can. It's called The Witcher 3.
You and I both know The Witcher and Zelda are not even remotely comparable in how they play.

>I'm trying to have sensible discussion.
Are you? Because all I see is you saying you don't want to play the game because you've made the decision in your head that the game is exactly the same as a western-style RPG.

and for the record I really could give less of as shit what platform you use.
>>
>>344595927
>Implying nintendos exclusives are doing any better with 70s across the board

You should stop pretending that the wii u wasnt a colossal failure and NX will follow suit.

Your company will die or go full mobile.
>>
>>344595915
Witcher 3 combat is shit. Animations are shit. Movement is shit. Decent game but the basic levels of interface are all shit.
>>
>>344596136

>You and I both know The Witcher and Zelda are not even remotely comparable in how they play.
They're both open world games, except one doesn't have embarassing pop-in from 10 feet and has a more stable frame rate.

>Are you? Because all I see is you saying you don't want to play the game because you've made the decision in your head that the game is exactly the same as a western-style RPG.
No, I'm just being wary because Nintendo has lied before, and made promises they couldn't keep. They've also slipped in quality, so why should I give them the benefit of the doubt on a product I haven't even seen the full extent of?
>>
>2D Zelda
Links Awakening
>3D Zelda
Ocarina of Time
>Overall Zelda
Ocarina of Time/MM
>Temple
Stone Tower
>Overworld type (sea, sky, field)
Sea
>>
>>344594859
But it isn't anything new. Far Cry 2 did fire propagation years ago.

TECHNOLOGY moments don't make up for empty open worlds.
>>
I'm pretty sure even Phil fish could shit out a better game than this.
>>
>>344596572
>blah blah blah pop-in
Sorry, did you misunderstand my original post? I didn't mention performance at all. I was actually talking about the core gameplay, such as combat, exploration, and how you interact with the environment. It's easy to get confused on the internet though, don't feel bad!

>Nintendo has lied before, and made promises they couldn't keep
I'd love to hear them!
>>
>>344596632
why does it have to be new to be appreciated? And furthermore, why don't other games do the proceedural fire if it's so dated?
>>
>>344581000

Horizon Zero Dawn, Mass Effect Andromeda
already beat it to me
>>
File: PrtScr capture.png (65 KB, 653x359) Image search: [Google]
PrtScr capture.png
65 KB, 653x359
>>344582397
Your point being?

>inb4 le edgy contrarian hurrr TP was le shit xD
>>
>>344596750

>I was actually talking about the core gameplay, combat, exploration, and how you interact with the environment
Things Witcher, Far Cry, and even Assassin's Creed have done before. What's exactly original or new here? And for that matter, Zelda isn't even doing anything good with them. The enemies had no proper AI, the world was barren and had nothing to find or examine. You just traveled across an empty plain. Where's the content?

>I'd love to hear them!
Their stance on DLC to begin with.

>we promise not to hold back content before a product is released!
>except for all the content we lock behind amiibos! and the entire game modes locked in Mario Party! and the DLC announced before the game evn comes out! (amiibo wolf link for BOTW, Mewtwo for Smash)
>>
File: 1426379223747.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1426379223747.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>344596972

The point speaks for itself.
>>
It still won't top the best one.
>>
File: bretty gud.gif (811 KB, 200x177) Image search: [Google]
bretty gud.gif
811 KB, 200x177
>>344597385
Your opinion is without peer
>>
Next GTA will likely be next year, which means this game stands no chance. There's nothing shown in Zelda that hasn't already been done before, and better.
>>
>>344597220
>Things Witcher, Far Cry, and even Assassin's Creed have done before.
Yes and? Nintendo had a target lock system for 3D environments before games like the Witcher ever did, does that make the Witcher's system bad?

>What's exactly original or new here?
Are you having an internal dialogue? Who is claiming it's new or revolutionary? It's Zelda taking elements of successful games and welding it to a new zelda game.

> The enemies had no proper AI
Is this your first Zelda game?

> the world was barren and had nothing to find or examine.
this is blatantly false. https://youtu.be/1SDGCvdw8z4?t=7m13s check out the video for an example.

>Where's the content?
There is quite literally hours of footage of people exploring, going to temples, finding hidden chests, and getting items from enemies. Aside from that, Nintendo literally said they took out NPC's and villages from the demo to prevent story spoilers and to let people focus on the game's world.

>amiibos
yeah they're shit but more often than not the content is insignificant. Mario Party is a pretty bad example though it's the exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>344597880
Didn't rockstar say they haven't even started on GTA 6? I thought those games took 3-4 years to make.
>>
>>344581000
Pretty much every game that /v/ hypes is being declared goty this early.
>>
>>344581000
>ocarina still hasn't been beaten
>generic open world survival game

not a chance.
>>
>>344597897

>Nintendo had a target lock system for 3D environments before games like the Witcher ever did,
Wrong. They had a poor imitation of KBM's aiming scheme, which made OOT extremely casual and made combat a non-issue. Z-targeting was the poor man's mouse reticule.

>It's Zelda taking elements of successful games and welding it to a new zelda game.
The entire thread is spewing off how "revolutionary" and "godlike" the game is despite none of the elements matching up to predecessors.

>Is this your first Zelda game?
A problem being rampant in the series is no excuse to ignore it. I never said it was okay in the other games, did I?

>check video
>nothing
>oh he's near a fire
>nothing
>Still nothing
>empty forest
>takes 3 minutes just to find some junk in a tree
>more nothing until he fights a braindead moblin who dies in 2 hits

How is that impressive? That's gonna get old fast.

>There is quite literally hours of footage of people exploring, going to temples, finding hidden chests, and getting items from enemies.
Exploration yielded nothing interesting, temples were empty and boring, hidden chests held nothing of value, enemy held items were also useless, and the fact that Nintendo cares so much about "story spoilers" tells me that this game will just be another boring cinematic movie game. Otherwise why else would you care about the plot that much?

>yeah they're shit but more often than not the content is insignificant
For 60 dollars I don't really care. Cosmetic or not, you better give me that content for free. If I'm gonna be nickel and dimed along with a high initial purchase, then you're being greedy.
>>
>>344581000
>Literally Skyrim with worse graphics.
>Confirmed to have almost no story
>lol fuck Skyrim that game is shit, but this game is totes gonna be GOTY guys just watch

You faggots need to stop sucking so much Jap dick.
>>
>>344593771
>2D Zelda
LoZ
>3D Zelda
Wind Waker
>Overall Zelda
Wind Waker
>Temple
lanayru mining facility
>overworld
wind waker
>>
File: 1360629422098.jpg (51 KB, 625x552) Image search: [Google]
1360629422098.jpg
51 KB, 625x552
>>344598494
Why do you even come into these threads? Just to shit them up and complain about a game you don't want to play?
>>
>>344593771
>Link's Awakening
>Windu Waker
>Link's Awakening
>Face Shrine
>Field > Sea >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sky
Sky was literally nothing but wasted potential and dead dreams.
>>
File: 1467842824341.png (1 MB, 1280x1878) Image search: [Google]
1467842824341.png
1 MB, 1280x1878
>>344598494
>>344597897
>>344597220
>>344596750

will you two just find a shitty motel and fuck already jesus christ
>>
>>344598994

>shit them up
Excuse me, I'm trying to be respectful and courteous, even if it's wasted. You don't see me calling people faggots or niggers, do you?

Perhaps I just wanted to put in my two cents on this whole upcoming release.
>>
>>344599118
you're literally just being contrarian while giving no examples shitposter.

You literally complained that the ideas weren't new and original while no one is claiming that. You're quite literally Pancake Defense Force.
>>
>>344598994
>shit them up
He's being constructive, at least by 4chan standards. Want to know what is considered shitting up? Zelda fans shitposting in Witcher and Elder Scrolls threads since E3.

Sounds like you people just want a hugbox.
>>
File: mad-men-drunk-laugh-don-draper.gif (2 MB, 450x259) Image search: [Google]
mad-men-drunk-laugh-don-draper.gif
2 MB, 450x259
C'mon Sony amigos. I know this must be hard on you. I mean I'd be pissed too if I only owned a PS4 and the competition showed off Breath of the Wild.

I can;'t blame you for acting under duress, but seriously. You're embarrassing yourselves now.
>>
Have you guys already forgotten MGS V? Not a bad game but this is eerily similar.
>>
File: 1342996626368.png (12 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1342996626368.png
12 KB, 202x184
>>344598994
Why did it take me so long to realize the left eye is shooped in all the years I've seen this?
>>
>>344599313

>no one is claiming that

Erhem.

>>344583518

>BOTW is nothing like those evil mature gamer WRPGS! Zelda is breathing fresh air into the industry! Zelda will save video games!

I'm pretty sure that counts as jerking off the new game as "new" and "original".
>>
File: 2093_1273102265554.jpg (29 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
2093_1273102265554.jpg
29 KB, 396x400
>>344582583
>twilight princess was mediocre
>>
>>344599595
Can you read? I'll even quote it for you

>They've said they're not taking inspiration from any one WRPG a million times.

It means they're taking inspiration from many WRPG's and other games.
>>
>>344599717

That's a claim I won't believe until I see it for myself.
>>
>>344599313
>you're literally just being contrarian
He's pointing out the ugly truth: The game doesn't look all that impressive.

>while no one is claiming that
I've seen people claim the new Zelda game is revolutionary, and other words that imply it's fresh and new. It's clear most people who are jerking off to this game have little to no experience with sandbox games. Don't bullshit us.
>>
>>344581000
It's going to be shit.
>>
>>344587549
>but at least it never has a dull moment in the twenty-something hours
How about the entire opening and pretty much every wolf section.

TP is a fantastic 10 hour game that's unfortunately chock full of filler that stretches the game out to 20 hours.
>>
File: Zelda 1080 Avalanche.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Zelda 1080 Avalanche.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>344599850
Do you see any WRPG's that have expendable weapons, character control this fluid, or physics this real?

You might as well be playing Runescape as far as the western market compares to this.
>>
>>344600642

Far Cry lets you have that and more. Being able to latch onto a plane, blow it up, land it into an enemy base, and then hang glide away is much more entertaining than Zelda
>>
File: 1467552485734.png (290 KB, 569x732) Image search: [Google]
1467552485734.png
290 KB, 569x732
>>344600642
>BoTW
>good physics
>good and fluid character animation.

Shitposting and baiting statements like this will only get you so far.
>>
File: better dead than al bhed.png (445 KB, 424x453) Image search: [Google]
better dead than al bhed.png
445 KB, 424x453
>>344600642

>that jerky camera
>30 FPS
>enemies don't even move or react to you

Did this game come out in 2004?
>>
>>344600953
No two clauses you just said in your entire post made any sense.
>>
>>344581000
If you're not hearing the doubts about this game, then you must have your head up your own ass.
>>
File: 1465190705245.png (84 KB, 243x255) Image search: [Google]
1465190705245.png
84 KB, 243x255
>>344601359

>he's never played Far Cry

Boy if you think Zelda is innovative and freeform, you have no idea what you're missing out on.
>>
File: deathbyfalling.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
deathbyfalling.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>344601028
>>344601243
Wew lads.

I know you wish your favorite company could pull off ragdoll physics this lifelike but keep it in your pants until the game comes out. PLEASE! Control yourselves..
>>
File: smug solly.png (67 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
smug solly.png
67 KB, 250x237
>>344601583

>ragdoll physics are now innovative
>>
>>344601583
GTA IV, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
>>
>>344581886
MM really is a completely different experience. Even though I really think BotW could very well be the best Zelda and outdo OoT, I agree that MM will probably still be my *favorite* video game in terms of *fun* for a combo of nostalgia and just doing something no other game really ever has in terms of storytelling.
>>
>>344601583
The ragdoll physics are fine for Link, but they look extremely awkward or distracting on other enemies, such as the bokoblins.

The animations on the other hand - especially Link's combat and movement animations in general - those are just outright bad and dated. Same goes for many of the animations on the enemies in and out of combat.

The animations for the horses and the grass/foliage look great, however.
>>
>>344601853
Obvious animations. You can tell where they begin and end.

Breath of the Wild is the first game to run entirely on physics. Nothing is prerecorded.
>>
>>344597323
>implying oscar bait games should have reviews considered
>>
>>344581000
>"early"
>delayed to hell
kek nice one.
>>
>>344602007
wrong.
>>
File: bokololin.webm (2 MB, 1278x680) Image search: [Google]
bokololin.webm
2 MB, 1278x680
>>344601937
Either you are skilled in the arts of false-flagging, or you have not seen much gameplay.
>>
>>344602090

>implying Zelda isn't Oscar bait

Considering that Skyward Sword was more of a cinematic experience than TLOU, at least.
>>
>>344602007
Pretty sure the motions of the stalchildren are mostly prerecorded animations. Especially when they hop around, asking another ally to toss them their head or arm.
>>
>>344602169

>throws a barrel at his own ally

Holy crap, the AI is terrible. Who's excited for this?
>>
>>344602169
Yeah, those aren't good animations, sorry.
>>
>>344602193
Skyward sword had dungeons, side quests, and an actual well designed overworld.
Tons more effort put in than "bring this ladder here, sneak through zombies with your literaly ghost ally and watch scripted event #214 play out"
>>
>>344602487

>Skyward sword had dungeons, side quests, and an actual well designed overworld.
TLOU had a non-linear path that let you get to the objective in multiple ways, a full fledged multiplayer, and addon content.

Yet it was still a bad game, like Skyward Snore.
>>
>>344601926

BoTW could outdo from a gameplay standpoint if it implements a similar time system - albeit much a more broadened than MM's strict and concise 3-day time schedule.

Miyamoto and Aonuma have also implied that game will be a different experience for everyone, indicating that choice could or will be a major factor in this game that will influence the outcome of the the game and the player's experience at large. So there's a small chance that BoTW could also introduce something that has never quite been done in gaming story-telling and gameplay mechanics before - whatever it may be or imply.

What I'm concerned about is the atmosphere and overall narrative and thematic tone of the game. If the game doesn't put weight on our actions and the consequences that we make, or if villains and monsters are seen as pushovers to a bunch of obvious NPC towns, then what's the point?

And Nintendo has really fallen apart when it comes to art direction, atmosphere and narrative storytelling in their games now.
>>
>>344602284
The guy threw it at Link who bolted at just that second as the other one lunged in front of it.

Have you forgotten what actual gameplay looks like? Let me guess what 7th gen console you own.
>>
>>344582237
Majoras Mask is the best Zelda ever made. And I'm saying that to the 3DS version, obviously before BotW arrives.

Prove me wrong.

>best fast travel in the series (you can warp to any owl statue, anywhere, anytime)
>save system fixed in the 3DS remake
>Hub world isn't barren as fuck (I'm looking at you OoT)
>As much as water temples suck by tradition, this one still beats OoT Water Temple by a mile simply because you can swim
>Story
>Final boss/moon sequence is honestly one of the best moments in the series
>Mask system adds a variety of effects and skills to use (rabbit mask in special)
>No bullshit, useless items. You only get useful stuff in dungeos, not those "only useful for beating the puzzles and the boss then you'll never use again" items
>Soundtrack
>Sidequests
>No Ganon being revived for the 37th time and kidnapping Zelda (aka good, fresh story this time around)
>Obscure symbolisms
>Unique 72 hour system
>>
>>344594673

>sonyggers getting LOLPROGRESSIVELESBIANFEMALEPROTAG so they have to shit up ACTUAL video game threads

fuckin pathetic. Get out Sony pony.
>>
>>344603382

>The guy threw it at Link who bolted at just that second as the other one lunged in front of it.
So he doesn't have any kind of predictive AI pattern that will determine the idiocy of throwing a barrel that close to your own ally? Something that games from 2001 had? I'm sorry, how is that impressive again?

>Let me guess what 7th gen console you own.
>willingly owning a console after the disaster of these last 2 gens

Hahaha. Already way off the mark, I'm afraid.
>>
>>344597323
This game sucks. 7/10 being generous.
>>
>>344602169
Please don't show the battle. It looks fucking awful
>>
>>344603414
I love MM, but while the 3ds version fixed a lot of things, it also shit on all 4 main bosses and ruined 2 of them. Best example of a single best Zelda game would be albw
>>
>>344582989
>>344584419
I honestly wish for it to be an *also on PC title, that way they can no longer discuss the game besides MUH PORTS or MUH SECONDARIES or what have you. Not to mention that Nier 2 will likely be another NiOh, meaning you need a PS4 Neo to actually play it at 1080p and 60FPS, which is fucking embarassing.
>>
>>344603565
>predictive AI

Not counting the fact that the bobklins are the easiest enemy, predictive AI does not make sense in this context. The enemies move naturally, and the barrel hitting the other guy was unexpected, as the attacking motion is sudden and fast. Not counting that fact that predictive AI usually only apply to the player model, not the environment
>>
>>344603812

It sounds like you've never played a match against QUAKE enemies, or F.E.A.R. enemies, or the squads from Half Life: Black Mesa. All of which are able to determine the line of fire from each in their squad, are able to work and adapt to the environment in real time, and even the first enemies in their respective games are capable of dodging enemy and friendly fire even at point blank range, and you need to actively outsmart them instead of charging in like a numbskull.

And mind you, most of these products are over 10 years old. What's Zelda's excuse for still having braindead enemies who actively kill eachother?
>>
>>344592807
>he doesn't know that the e3 demo's npc's were removed so the story doesn't get spoiled
>>
>>344604071
The fact Zelda is good and those are not.
>>
File: smug medic.jpg (19 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
smug medic.jpg
19 KB, 191x234
>>344604312

And what do you base this conjecture on?

>muh popularity
Nevermind which console has sold the most this gen, popularity is not an argument.

>muh opinion
Something which is subjective and can't be enforced as a fact or a reasonable citation of quality.

>muh metacritic
I could name you no less than 50 games that didn't deserve their metacritic score, half of them being PS4 and Xbox titles, which you said were all "mature gamer shit". So for you to backtrack and say that suddenly they deserve their scores, or to try and claim that it's okay when some games get a high score, would completely defeat any validity in your argument by showcasing a tendency for you to unfairly cherrypick and nitpick only the examples you want to use.
>>
>>344581000
Every year. Doesn't mean it will be.

I mean I'm looking forward to Breath of the Wild and I fucking HOPE it's gonna be as amazing as it seems.

But Nintendo hasn't been doing well lately. We'll see how things go.
>>
>>344604071
>usually

And as I state, the attack cannot be predicted by the other bobklin. The bobklin cannot anticipate a player dodge without making it utterly unfair, it is throwing the barrel towards the player only. The barrel throw and the bobklin attacking at the same time does not work with predictive AI. And about the dodge at point blank range thing, it is not possible for the bobklin, after attacking and experiencing a cooldown, to dodge the incoming barrel

Besides, your point applies of almost all games today. Even the dark souls bosses do not predict
>>
It will have motion controls like skyward sword mark my words
>>
>>344604606
And your proof is...?
>>
>>344604541

>And as I state, the attack cannot be predicted by the other bobklin
Then it has terrible AI.

>The bobklin cannot anticipate a player dodge without making it utterly unfair, it is throwing the barrel towards the player only
Combine gunships would like a word with you.

>The barrel throw and the bobklin attacking at the same time does not work with predictive AI
Disproven by F.E.A.R. and Quake, the latter of which has user made bots that can predict attacks while mid-air and utilize rocket jumping AND strafing to dodge fire, even from multiple directions.

>it is not possible for the bobklin, after attacking and experiencing a cooldown, to dodge the incoming barrel
Only because Nintendo has no idea how to program AI properly.

>Besides, your point applies of almost all games today. Even the dark souls bosses do not predict
And why do you think this industry is in a slump?
>>
>>344604701
I xont need proof for a prediction but its nintendo they will find a way to completely fuck it up
>>
>>344581000
If I remember right, RE4 wound up being GOTY for a lot of outlets and that was an early-January release.
>>
>>344604714
>no idea how to program AI
No, because the fucking bobklin cannot dodge in mid air using fucking rockets. Once it attacks, it cannot stop. It's physics

>then it has terrible AI
Does all AI need to predict every single movement? Such prediction doesn't even make sense in the context, as the bobklin do not communicate in any form

>combine gunships
Very different game with a very different motive. And one game doing so does not make it any less unfair. It completely destroys the concept of dodges

As I said above, bobklins are the weakest and dumbest enemy, they had explicitly stated that enemies behave differently
>>
>>344604521
Zelda is a non-linear adventure series (50% of the time, but that falls in line here) with a lot to account for, that has physics that real.

Those games you listed struggle to match up despite being linear shooter games, with enemies that only have to amount to little hitbox and big hitbox.

It's not even about the date they came out, it's about being technically out of their league. This is Nintendo's first foray into a physics engine, while none of those games are their companies first. Can you start a fire, and then use a giant fan to sweep the embers into their camps to injure.enemies in those games? You'd think that those games would be able to keep up with their modern iterations if they're as good as they say. Yet, the new games either A. Suck hard because they're bad. Or B. There are no games, precisely because they suck.
>>
>>344605103

>No, because the fucking bobklin cannot dodge in mid air using fucking rockets. Once it attacks, it cannot stop. It's physics
And whose fault is that? It's Nintendo's fault for not programming a better enemy.

>Does all AI need to predict every single movement?
Yes, they do. What good is an AI if it's easily exploitable? May as well watch a movie if the game won't challenge you.

>It completely destroys the concept of dodges
What? No it doesn't. It just means you can't act recklessly. You have to outsmart the AI, or play on an easier difficulty.

>As I said above, bobklins are the weakest and dumbest enemy,
They're also a representation of what's to come, and if they can't even offer Link a small bit of challenge, then the rest of the game doesn't look good in comparison.
>>
>>344605364

>Zelda is a game
>the other games you listed are games

That's all I care about. Genre and opinions are irrelevant here.

>Can you start a fire, and then use a giant fan to sweep the embers into their camps to injure.enemies in those games?
Yes, you can. Stop pretending that Nintendo invented these things.

I bet that BOTW doesn't let you train a bunch of wild animals, then send them towards a fortress as a distraction, while you strap a bomb to one of them, send him in, and blow up the fortress to piece, all while you sneak in during the distraction and pick up whatever you need.
>>
>>344605429
Dude you fail to realize that bobklins are the fucking weakest enemy. You think a goblin can fucking air dodge using rockets? It does not fucking make sense

And dodges are the opposite of acting recklessly. If an enemy can predict every dodge, what is the point of dodging? It nullifies an entire mechanic

>yes, they do
Why does every single enemy need to be hard as balls?

>good indication
>weakest enemy
>good indication
>devs stated enemies behave differently

Oh, you
>>
>>344605658
>genre is irrelevant

So you expect a VN to have as much good AI?
You expect an RTS to have good combat?

What you said makes no fucking sense, at all. Zelda is not a fucking rail shooter
>>
>>344592957

of all the people who presented Zelda during E3, she was the most insufferable one. There should be a video where she is talking over pretty much anyone that tries to say anything, and within a 10 minute period she says the word "Mayhem" what feels like twenty times.
>>
>>344605658
Post webm or didn't happen.
>>
>>344603704
What bosses were exactly ruined? I don't recall anything becoming bad, all the changes actually fixed most of the problems the original had.
>>
>>344603812
...why did you even reply to that obvious troll
>>
>>344605815

>Dude you fail to realize that bobklins are the fucking weakest enemy.
Not an argument. The weakest enemy should present you a challenge to start you off on your adventure. This isn't Gone Home or Firewatch, where actual gameplay skill is "toxic" and the player shouldn't be allowed to exercise some degree of skill.

>If an enemy can predict every dodge, what is the point of dodging?
You have to out-predict him. If he's a heavy soldier, then use his weapon composition against him and fire+strafe between shots. Use cover, rely on the environment, do something that actually demonstrates a willingness to play the game.

>Why does every single enemy need to be hard as balls?
Because challenge is the only thing seperating video games from being movies?

>>344605909

>So you expect a VN to have as much good AI?
>you expect an RTS to have good combat
Yes, and if they don't, they're not good games.

>>344605985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CTSPK5KKDM

Here's an example of a guy ravaging a base using one of his trained elephants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hzoEFWSzLM

Also, a general showcase of animals and their behaviors, and how they'll ravage an enemy base if you set them up properly. You can even use them in tandem with C4, like I said.
>>
>>344586935
>there are people here right now who actually need to have who moot is explained to them
>>
>>344606461
>strafe
>fire

Dude, Zelda is not a shooter

>EVERY ENEMY MUST BE BALLS TO THE WALL HARD OR IT IS NOT A GAME!!!
Do you hear yourself right now?

>first enemy should pose a challenge
Ever heard of progression? You display your skill on bosses, or stronger enemies. If you want a challenge right from the start, Zelda is not that game for you. Games fill different niches, and difficulty is not what Zelda fills. Sure, you want a challenge, but that is not what the series provides. People play Zelda for exploration, and the dungeon puzzles. Challenge is only basically reserved to the bosses

And judging by your reply to the other post, you are a troll. Goodbye
>>
>>344606461
I meant of the ember fanning but whatever. I'm not interested. Western games hurt my eyes with their Toy Story graphics.
>>
>>344606906

>Dude, Zelda is not a shooter
Who says you need to be a shooter to do that?

>Do you hear yourself right now?
I hear myself rejecting the attitude of modern game developers, who want to make everything cinematic and "comfy" because gameplay is problematic to modern customers. I don't see the problem.

>ever heard of progression?
Yes, and shouldn't the game begin progressing at some point? You say this is just the bokoblins, but what is supposed to convince me that the game will have any superior AI? Out of the hours of gameplay they showed, not a single thing looked like it would offer a challenge. And if Zelda can't offer that, then the exploration and dungeon puzzles will fall flat. A lack of effort is easy to see.

>you're a troll!

What are you saying? Nobody is allowed to criticize Zelda?
>>
>>344581000
>GOTY
>Finally watched all 7 hours
Empty world, same enemies, nothing to do, no voice acting, ugly visuals.

Wow, sure OP.
>>
>>344581000
>What could possibly beat this?

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Kingdom Hearts III
Shenmue 3
Final Fantasy VII -Remake-
REsident Evil 2

Or who the fuck knows we're talking up to 17 months into the future you flying faggot.
>>
>>344607602
The game comes out in March dumbass.
>>
>>344607703
The year doesn't end in March you fucking retard.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.