[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good job Valve.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
Good job Valve.
>>
>>344580548
yawn. your shitposting is bad
>>
>>344580548
So guys I am retarded, what is ESEA?
>>
>>344580846
I'm not entirely sure. It seems to be some type of anti-cheat software, but users are saying it bogs down PC's with something. What's disturbing users is that there are 5 entries for the same product on steam, each with mostly negative community feedback.
TLDR: Something fishy is going on
>>
>>344580846
Bitcoin miner.
>>
>>344581102
>>344581045
But for Valve games?
>>
>>344580846
ESEA is a software that gives you an alternative to the csgo matchmaking, you have to pay a monthly subscription, doesn't use vac and it has it's own anticheat which is pretty good but it's not worth because of the people who use esea like this dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDV_cMdTqRQ

and there have been some accusations of esea mining bitcoin
>>
>>344581397
Its a CSGO matchmaking app that requires a sub and "pits the most skilled players against each other" Its supposed to cut down on hackers and raise the skill bar, but apparently it installed a bitcoin miner on some users pcs.
>>
>>344581593
Its not accusations. They were caught, fined paid $1 million to the state of New Jersey for illegal bitmining.
>>
>bitcoin mining
>"yes, one of the staff changed the software to mine bitcoins, but he's not in our team anymore, promise :')"
>"oh why 5 entries? one for each sub plan, not our fault, can't do anything, sorry :')"

that's pathetic
>>
>free to play
>unusable without a subscription
>>
I don't play the cancer that is CS or it's shit fanbase.

Are ESEA and Valve officially affiliated?
>>
>>344580846
It's a CSGO client and anti-cheat that requires kernel level access which has been exploited in the past to mine bitcoins.
>>
>3rd party matchmaking service for Countershooty

Is this perhaps run by the same con artist who scams retarded 13 year olds by redirecting them to HIS CS:GO gambling site where WHOOOOOA I JUST WON $5,000 WOOOOOOW EPIC SITE REFER UR FRENDS FROM SKEWL DOOD?

Seriously why is Counterstrike riddled with bogus, lying, scamming, criminal scumbags? I guess it should be expected from the granddaddy of the casual dudebro shootan genre.
>>
>>344582556
This post is reddit as fuck
>>
File: ohnowigetit.png (246 KB, 635x833) Image search: [Google]
ohnowigetit.png
246 KB, 635x833
>>
>>344582804
Fuck yeah, Umineko.
>>
File: 1467056155455.jpg (16 KB, 334x367) Image search: [Google]
1467056155455.jpg
16 KB, 334x367
>>344582804
I remember when steam was pure. The front page was almost always legit games. Now its flooded with early access junk, indies, and weeb shit.
>>
>>344581593
So it's like tf2center or tf2stadium except for CS:GO and you have to pay for it?
What the fuck
>>
File: eac.png (70 KB, 641x188) Image search: [Google]
eac.png
70 KB, 641x188
no clue what this bitcoin mining is about but isn't the first time Valve let fraudolent anti cheat invade their platform

garry newman (who made garrys mod) uses this weird anti cheat in rust and also the guys of that shitty f2p robocraft game or how its called

the thing is people found in the TOS that they make random screenshots of your computer that will be uploaded to the public even though that feature is only supposed to be used at lan with counter strike

if you not doing this, why leave it in the TOS of your anti cheat release in games like Rust and Robocraft?
>>
File: 1451899400112.gif (594 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451899400112.gif
594 KB, 200x200
>>344581593
>CSGO valve matchmaking is so bad that they let third part to steam platform to make better matchmaking and people pay for this
You can't make this up
>>
>>344584574
ESEA is pretty old when I played CS:S they already existed and people payed for it

pretty sure it already existed with cs 1.6 or even older
>>
File: lol.png (98 KB, 918x690) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
98 KB, 918x690
I guess the chances of this going anywhere are like 1% lol
>>
LOL, they took down the whole forum
>>
>>344587073
Can confirm.
>>
Did people just notice this now? This shit was has been up for three days now.
>>
>>344582804

Says each entry is for each sub plan, Still listed as Free to Play.

can't even use it without buying a sub plan. it's like they listed it as free to play just to get people to infect there PC's with it.
>>
>>344581593
>>344581724
so it's basically a buyable patch that is suppose to fix valves own shitty matchmaking and anti cheat? Bravo
>>
>>344584574
>You can't make this up
But you just did.
>>
>>344580660
>yawn
r/
>>
>>344580548
>over 800 subscriptions

That's hecking nothing on Steam people there will buy absolute garbage like Bad Ratz just because it's an ebin meme.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.