[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Best Nintendo Franchise Ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: 2000_sami.png (25 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
2000_sami.png
25 KB, 200x200
I've been thinking about this, but I don't Kirby has ever had bad game or blunder in its entire carrier as a franchise.
Am I wrong?
Is there a Kirby game that has been widely regarded as a bad game?
Not mediocre mind you, but BAD.
does that mean its Nintendo's best franchise, since its one that hasn't failed at all, even though its an older one and had plenty of games?
has this even happen before with any game, where there was no major mistakes?
>>
>>344580297
I agree there isn't any game in the Kirby series that's bad, there's just a few that are meh. Epic Yawn, Squeak Squad, Air Ride... meh
>>
>>344580917
and most of the meh waste really bad, just not up to par to most kirby titles.
I know I liked squeak squad.
>>
>>344581442
>*and most of the meh wasn't really bad
sorry, mobile.
>>
>>344580917
air ride (city trial) is fantastic
>>
File: kirby adeleine explosion.gif (840 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
kirby adeleine explosion.gif
840 KB, 500x400
>>344580297
I'm pretty sure this will end up like the crappy powerlevel thread because of the word "Best," but I honestly agree with you. Kirby hasn't failed me yet, it always makes me happy.
>>
>>344580297

You're not wrong.

There has yet to be a Kirby game that is universally accepted as "bad". There's certainly ones that are less enjoyable than others, and ones that don't appeal to everyone's sense of fun, but none that are horribly designed, or mechanically or fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>344582375

30 Crystal Shards remake when?
>>
>>344580917
>Air Ride
>meh
kill yourself my friend
>>
File: KSS_Marx.png (196 KB, 340x600) Image search: [Google]
KSS_Marx.png
196 KB, 340x600
How the FUCK do you even GET the Sun and Moon to fight each other?
>>
>>344580917
>Air Ride
>meh
You are wrong.
>>
>>344580297
Mario gets constantly shit on for rehashing but Kirby gets a pass?

There are too many damn Kirby games.
>>
File: 1450642668922.jpg (14 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
1450642668922.jpg
14 KB, 500x318
>>344583484
>kirby
>rehashing
>too many kirby games
Nigga explain yourself
>>
File: 1466323062219.png (783 KB, 800x912) Image search: [Google]
1466323062219.png
783 KB, 800x912
So did you prefer the Sectonia or Haltmann ark?

I personally preferred the Sectonia ark, because all Taranza waned was to make her happy by giving her a pretty mirror. Yet because of her vanity and lust for beauty, she didnt know what was truly important, and it ultimately lead to her death due to her blindness to what truly mattered.

Taranza knew she was gone, so the best thing was to kill the being who was once his good friend.

I just found the story tragic, because Taranza did have good intentions, yet his kindness ended up destroying something dear to him.

That present fucked him pretty hard
>>
>>344580297

>I've been thinking about this, but I don't Kirby has ever had bad game or blunder in its entire carrier as a franchise. Am I wrong?

Nope.

>Is there a Kirby game that has been widely regarded as a bad game? Not mediocre mind you, but BAD.

Nope. There are definitely some that are more lackluster than others, but nothing bad.

>does that mean its Nintendo's best franchise, since its one that hasn't failed at all, even though its an older one and had plenty of games?

Depends on how you rate "best".

If you rate best as "most influential", then no, that honor goes to Mario or Pokemon.
If you rate best as "highest overall review scores", then no, that honor would go to Mario or Zelda.
If you rate best as "most profitable", then no, that honor would go to Mario, Pokemon, or the Wii series.
If you rate best as "highest ratio of good games to bad games", then Kirby would get this through technicalities.

Kirby's already Nintendo's 7th best selling franchise. It's a solid 3rd Tier Nintendo series.

It'd probably be ok to call it the most reliable series.
>>
>>344580917
epic yarn and air ride are both great games.
>>
>>344584245

>epic yarn is great

No, Epic Yarn is comfy. Not great. There's numerous issues with it that really prevent it from being fantastic. It's not bad by any measure, but it's not up there with SSU or DL2 by any means.

>Air Ride is a great game

Air Ride is a FANTASTIC multiplayer game. In terms of single player though, it's pretty mediocre.
>>
>>344584426
Epic Yarn is comfily great. This is just my opinion
>>
>>344583302
>Hey Mr. Bright, I heard Mr. Shine wants to keep the day cycle for himself.
>How is this possible. I thought we were friends?
>fight errupts
>>
>>344584614
Mr Shine and Mr Bright are different from Sun and Moon
>>
File: kirbyhouse.png (1 MB, 1178x1181) Image search: [Google]
kirbyhouse.png
1 MB, 1178x1181
This thread is better than the other one.
Post comfy Kirby pics
>>
File: kirby with butterfly.jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kirby with butterfly.jpg
80 KB, 600x600
>>344585083
>>
File: kirby and zero.png (290 KB, 750x800) Image search: [Google]
kirby and zero.png
290 KB, 750x800
>tfw someone says true arena was easy
>>
>>344580297
Pretty much every kirby game is a fucking rehash of the last game.

>OH BOY I CANT WAIT TO FIGHT THE TREE BY BARFING APPLES BACK AT IT.
>>
File: 1457143283495.png (322 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457143283495.png
322 KB, 640x480
>>344587406
thats awful
>>
>>344587406
But that's the only way to beat trees.
>>
I used to think the main series and mystery dungeon Pokemon games (besides git) were the best. I stopped thinking that after every swagfag normie kid who bullied me started obsessing with Pokemon. Then I graduated HS and got over all of that, liked Pokemon again. Now that GO is out, I think it's my last straw with Pokemon and I think Kirby is the best Nintendo franchise.
>>
>>344587547
Don't reply to it, just
>344587406
instead
>>
>>344580297
It's not the best.
It's not even the best-selling franchise.
Or even well-known or recognized.
>mahrioh exists
>zelder exists
>kirbyfags in charge of not sucking their own cocks for once
>>
File: 1448645217636.jpg (110 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
1448645217636.jpg
110 KB, 500x411
>>344580297
>Is there a Kirby game that has been widely regarded as a bad game?
Well there are barely any Nintendo games in general that fit this sentence.
>Everyone says SS is bad
no, they really don't that's mostly /v/ and Arin's opinion
>NSMB franchise!!!!
Except all were highly reviewed and most people love each one, well, except /v/
>Mario Sunshine tho!!!
alright, stop fucking around.

Like seriously, I don't get this post.
Why would you want to know anyway?
Wouldn't you be more interested in which franchise is of the highest quality? Or did you fall for the "majority decides quality" meme?

Kirby is a series no better than Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc, but it just happens that each new Kirby game lately is doing something really interesting and unique.
>game quality=/=
>...uniqeness
>...fan appeal
>...review scores

I mean, objectivity is a difficult thing but the only Kibry game I can think of that possibly had REAL issues was 64.
Input lag... I mean can that ever be considered not bad? Surely the devs didn't intend for there to be input lag?
Same goes for useless abilities, lazy puzzles and start up/end lag on almost every ability, etc.
>>
>>344587406
you are describing all Nintendo games

I think Kirby could become a series of music albums instead of games, and nothing would be lost.
>>
>>344584426
neither SSU or DL2 are "great" either.
i preffer epic yarn than both.
>>
>>344589016
Who are you fighting with?
All Im saying is that there are less fuck ups and mistakes in kirby than in most other titles
Mario is getting stale
Zelda had some shit (looking at you skyward)
Metroid had Other M
Starfox is just sad
and pokemon is grindy and stale for a lot (but thats RPGs in general so not really a point at all)

what does kirby have?

>game quality=/=fan appeal
>the game quality doesn't hinge on what the people playing it think of the game
>I like it so its good

Kirby 64 was a lot of peoples favorites for the combos
at most its meh, not BAD.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.