[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one more year until this is done do you think they will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: usarmy7.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
usarmy7.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
>one more year until this is done

do you think they will have added helicopters by then?
>>
>>344570510
At this rate we won't have any vehicles within a year
>>
>>344570879
they're saying end of july / early august

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cQ3VTCChA
>>
is this game better than arma 3 in any way?
>>
>>344571310
Price
>>
>>344571371
is it seriously just a budget a3? wtf
>>
>>344571581
have you played project reality? it's basically that.
>>
>>344570510
Well they've almost finished making APCs, Humvees and shit like that, so 70% of the work is done regarding vehicles. Once the base is done the actual mechanics of choppers wouldn't be too difficult to implement. I'd say expect them within 8 months at most. The real question is when will there be maps suitable for them.
>>
>>344571310
No, it's garbage, even Project Reality is better.
>>
>>344571652
i haven't, but from what i've read this is a tactical sim like arma 3 (but with smaller maps and no vehicles yet?)

mind giving me a tl;dr?
>>
>>344570510

The game will always be shit because the devs have said that they want the game to be faster and more action oriented than Project Reality to reach a wider audience. You can already see this in the game right now.
>>
>>344571748
it's a middle-ground between arma and battlefield, not a sim.

very teamwork oriented pvp, pick up and play.
>>
vehicles can't come soon enough

I can't wait to go flying down the road in the back of a pickup truck firing an mg like a madman
>>
>>344571864
eh, don't agree that faster means it's going to be shit. the reason pr is slow is partly because of its shitty aiming system which i hate.
>>
>>344572038
Maps need to another rework for vehicles.
>>
>>344571864
Bull shit. The combat in this game is slower with further engagement range than even Red Orchestra. You've obviously never played Squad.
>>
>>344572169

If the game is faster the whole game falls apart.

>Ridiculous spawn based rally point system instead of timer based with very few limitations and can be replaced as soon or faster than the spawns run out

>FOBs are so hidden and you can instatly place them and hide them very close to the enemy

>Run speed is insanely fast so there's no point in being revived since you can spawn at your hidden rally point 20 meters away and run back faster than you can be revived

These things combined makes the game a frag fest and all sense of teamwork is lost eventually. This is closer to Battlefield 4 than it is to Project Reality.

>>344572482
>Bull shit. The combat in this game is slower with further engagement range than even Red Orchestra. You've obviously never played Squad.

What the fuck are you talking about? I am comparing it to Project Reality. The game which this is based on. You've obviously never played Project Reality.
>>
>>344572678
guess we'll know for sure when logistics are in and they have balanced the rest of the game accordingly.

either way, the game is going to be highly customizable so pr fans can probably just make a "classic" mod if needed.

prbf2 is really starting to show its age and there's lots of potential with squad and ue4.
>>
>>344571310
I used to defend this game against arma but no it's not. It runs like shit and is somehow even more clunky than arma. There's no anti aliasing or good zoom feature (I know you can hold shift to sightly zoom in for 3 seconds when you ADS but it's shit) so it's almost impossible to see enemy players unless they're either right in front of you or out in the open. There's no vehicles so every game involves a LOT of running in a game where you move very slowly and have barely any stamina. The quality of the gameplay itself depends entirely on the squad leader and unless you camp the server browser for half an hour you're not going to get into a popular server with good SLs and will be stuck in a 4/9 squad with an SL who goes off by himself and never talks.

It's pretty fucking boring, and frustrating to play because of the above issues.
>>
>>344571748
Arma 3 is a sandbox, which means that unless you join a sperglord group it is not worth playing.

Squad is much easier to get into and have fun with.
>>
>>344573346
>guess we'll know for sure when logistics are in and they have balanced the rest of the game accordingly.

This is what i was hoping for but when i asked they clearly stated that they want a faster game for older people who don't have time to play as much. Faster rounds, faster action, faster gameplay. The whole game loses it's meaning.

Hopefully there will be a PR mod with PR rules.
>>
>>344573530
Very likely, they're making it very accessable for modders
>>
>>344573530
>Hopefully there will be a PR mod with PR rules.

Traditional PR servers will have to be listed in the "Custom servers" list anyway since they often require mics (against Squad server license), so I think most of them wouldn't mind adding these types of mods.
>>
>>344570510
>one year.

Lol?
>>
>>344574174
lol what?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.