[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just downloaded 'cause it was free on PS+ what can I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
Just downloaded 'cause it was free on PS+

what can I expect?
>>
why is the guy from halt and catch fire in a video game
>>
>>344569198
Magic the gathering meets Smite.
>>
A good MOBA in the making. It's SMITE's most direct competition, and it's slowly but surely getting better.

Kinda what >>344569740 said.
>>
is anyone playing this game on ps4?
>>
>>344570516
The game has PS4/PC crossplay, so as population goes, that's a moot point.
>>
>>344569198
a MOBA
as someone who doesnt like the genre its fine but at the end of the day still a cash grabbing tool
>>
>>344570578
Haven't actually seen too many people on PC play since it went up for free on PS+.

I wonder why!

Is the chat comms just restricted by presets or is there in-game chat with mics?
>>
>>344570783
what are the in game purchases?
>>
>>344570935
Card packs and boosts to name some
>>
>>344569198

It's a very solid beta at the moment and it's only going to get better. It's the only Moba I can stand playing
>>
>>344570996
so pretty much every other game is doing nowadays?
>>
>>344570935
>>344570935
The only thing you purchase that's relevant to the game - cards (basically items; building a deck is essentially creating your own customized item shop for that character) - can only be purchased with in-game money.
Master challenges (character track that gives you bonus boosts as that character, extra skins and taunts) and boosters can be bought with in-game money or cash currency.
Most special skins are bought with cash currency.

All heroes are free to everyone.

>>344571175
Not quite.
>>
>>344569198
A boring non-shooter and a boring, simplified moba. A product that should be free yet isn't. Simple recolors for skins. Grinding to pay for heroes. Dead on arrival game.
>>
>>344571175

Not the anon, but its fairly easy to unlock card packs for free by just playing the game. Very standard when it comes to micro transactions in a F2P game, like you said
>>
>>344571305
>A product that should be free yet it isn't
The product, being the game, is free for PS+ subscribers. Isn't also free on Steam?
>>
>>344571218

>building a deck... can only be purchased with in-game money

How have I been making custom card packs with my characters without paying then?
>>
>>344571454
lol no what are you talking about? Game isn't even on Steam, uses Epic's own launcher.

The game itself is supposed to be free but they are selling beta access for 20 bucks.
>>
>>344571585
It's a alpha.
Maybe thats why.
>>
>>344571305
>A boring non-shooter and a boring, simplified moba.
Paragon follows all the core trappings of MOBAs and even has a couple extra things going on, like harvesters and using the boss buff.
>A product that should be free yet isn't.
It's pay for a founder's pack to get into the closed alpha. Free open beta starts next month.
>Simple recolors for skins.
Epic has a blog post specifically about skins, and there will be more intricate skins in the near future.
>Grinding to pay for heroes.
All heroes are free to everyone. What you can do is purchase that character's Master Challenge, which gives you a permanent XP boost as that character and puts you on track to earn extra card packs, extra skins, and even a taunt.

You're full of shit on all counts.

>>344571454
Paragon is not on Steam right now; it's available through the Epic Games launcher.

>>344571585
Every character has their own free starter decks; the cards in those decks are essentially yours to own already. Hell, when building a custom deck, you can use a preexisting deck as a baseline for your new deck. What you're paying for is card packs for extra cards.
>>
it's literally smite with guns
i played one match and it's shit
>>
>>344572013
>literally smite
SMITE doesn't take full advantage of the Z-axis like Paragon does. You've got elevation and multiple levels and shit. Plus, the jungle actually looks and feels like a jungle.
>>
instabans when you call someone a retarded mongoloid if they play shit.
>>
>>344572202
They added reporting relatively recently, and Epic is cracking down hard on that shit if you're being consistent.
>>
>>344569268
Is that show still running? I was enjoying what I'd seen of the first season.
>>
>>344569198

Slowest MOBA I've ever had the pleasure of playing. It's above and beyond slow and boring most of the time.

On the up side, it looks beautiful and some designs are good.
>>
>>344572404
>On the up side, it looks beautiful and some designs are good.
Considering Epic owns Unreal Engine 4, it's not surprising that Paragon is held up as what can really be done with the engine. Most everyone I've talked to says that the game, faults or not, is fucking beautiful.
>>
>>344572381
Pretty sure it got canned after the second season. It was running up against actually good tech shows, like Mr.Robot.
>>
>>344572612

Pretty much. Just a shame the gameplay isn't really up to snuff. The map is huge, the characters are slow, dmg dealt/taken is minimal and the whole game is just a farmfest with long walks between lanes.

And oh god that item system. I have no idea what they were smoking when they made that one but holy fuck.

It shows that they care about the game, it shows in the designs and the aesthetic of the game but they have no fucking clue what to do with it gameplay wise.
>>
>>344572970
>the whole game is just a farmfest with long walks between lanes
To be fair, Epic spent the last few patches killing the deathball (3-5man roaming ganksquad) dead in its tracks, so it's only very recently that the game flow actually feels like a traditional MOBA.
>>
>>344572970
sounds like a moba alright
>>
>>344572970
>And oh god that item system. I have no idea what they were smoking when they made that one but holy fuck.
I like some of the ideas in it. When you're "buying" an item, you're essentially buying the final item; there's no item recipies you have to work through like in other games. Instead of item recipies, you can upgrade your equipped cards with specific upgrade cards. You can only upgrade an item with the stats that are already on that card; if you have a card that grants health and attack power, you are only allowed to slot health upgrades or attack power upgrades.
>>
>>344572970
What's a complete fucking gamekiller is how you can't even vote to kick someone off the team and get somebody to replace them for fucking sitting through the entire game. All you need is one faggot who AFKs the entire match and you're losing an hour off your precious life on this shitty game. Playing a game until you lose is not fun.
>>
I installed i on PC, but the LAUNCH button is greyed out and says "Paragon is currently not available to play". Anyone know whats going on? I thought this game was out?
>>
File: 1364845419490.png (1 MB, 1426x548) Image search: [Google]
1364845419490.png
1 MB, 1426x548
>>344573620
>Votekick mid-game
That is a terrible idea. What MOBA does that?

>>344573787
My launcher says the servers are up, and my Play button is active. Verify or reinstall your game, maybe?
>>
>>344570839
PC players have full team chat (no all chat, though), and both PS4 and PC have access to the comms wheel for quick callouts. PS4 probably can use chat as well if you hook up a keyboard.
>>
>>344570839
>>344574115
No in-game voice chat (yet).
>>
>>344574221
I hope never
>>
>>344573962
Thanks, I redid the verification, but it's still not working for me. Dunno man
>>
>>344574418
Did you get a key right?
>>
>>344574115
PS4 players are only limited to the comm wheel as far as I know. The team chat only appears before and after a match.

Anyone up for a game? :o)
>>
>>344574762
A key? Don't know anything about it. I installed paragon though the epic games launcher, that's all I know. I see nothing on the screen about a key, or anything to purchase.
>>
>>344569740
This is surprisingly accurate. The universe feels a lot like MtG, and it plays like Smite, but with more verticality and some more shooter-like mechanics.
>>
>>344574923
It's free on august for PC, but you can pre-install it.

Maybe that's it?
>>
>>344574923
Go to epicgames.com/paragon, and follow the prompts to buy a founder's pack if you haven't already.
>>
>>344575081
>>344575091
Damn I had no idea. Epic games has a fucking shitty ass launcher if none of that information was available to me. Thanks for the help guys.
>>
>>344569198
I don't like it. It's got nice grafix tho I suppose.
>>
>>344575091
Not that anon, but is a founder pack the only way to play it right now, apart from the monthly PS+ thing? I got it for free on PS4 and I'm able to play on PC after linking my account, but I'd like to play with some friends who don't own a PS4, though that would mean everyone having to buy founder's packs.
>>
File: 2eulowk.jpg (221 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
2eulowk.jpg
221 KB, 900x900
>>344575057
>The universe feels a lot like MtG
It's not just in the aesthetics, either. For those oneaware, cards and characters are defined by five different affinities:
>Order (white)
>Growth (green)
>Intellect (blue)
>Fury (red)
>Corruption (black)
All characters are a mix of up to two of these affinities; for example, Sparrow is an Order/Growth (white/green) character, while Twinblast is pure Fury (red). All non-universal cards can also be of a particular affinity. For the most part, your character's affinities define what cards are available for that character to use (you can only use universal cards and cards that match your affinity), and different affinities have different focuses (pic related). There may be additional mechanics down the road where there's more incentive for a character to use more affinity cards.
>>
>>344575528
With open beta so close on the horizon, I doubt they'll be doing founder's key giveaways. If you ask around, you might have someone who has a spare referral key to give up.
>>
My problem is, skills don't do shit. I picked the archer girl, i don't remember her name and that one passive which amplifies damage after each attack is what i used to kill while every other skill was doing less dmg than my attacks
>>
It's so fucking slow.
>>
>scroll scroll scroll
>no fucking screenshots, not even one
This is how you spot a game no one actually likes.
>>
>>344569198
Ist his game fun? I never really played a moba, and have a good PC. Looks interesting
>>
>>344569198
>free on PS+
So is this a meme now?
>>
>>344579871
(you)
>>
>>344580094
I'll take that as a yes
>>
>>344576352
That's Sparrow, and she has a skill that improves her attack speed for a few seconds. She's a ranger, so her focus is on auto-attacks, anyway.
>>
>>344580334
It's so generically lame
>>
>>344580423
What is?
>>
>>344579871
Depends.
If you see it as an online fee, then yes. You get a free game with it.
If you get PS+ for the games, then no. The game is not free.

Also, don't be such a buzzkill.
>>
>>344580690
Her design
>>
File: why.jpg (688 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
688 KB, 1920x1080
>>344580334
Even she looks better than stillborns ranger.
>>
>>344580814
See >>344580908
for "interesting" design choices
>>
>>344580908
I like Sparrow's hard-light bow-and-arrow, for what it's worth.
>>
>>344580908
whats wrong with her knees and feet?
>>
>>344580814
It seems like half of the heroes have really generic boring designs, like Action Dude #8795 and Fantasy Lady #3781, and the other half are some crazy and more interesting monsters and robots. Still, I really like how they play though. Once you start getting upgrades and shit starts to hit hard, the game gets really fun.
>>
>>344580814
The designs are pretty horrible, you have Dante played by the villain in The Guardians of the Galaxy, then you a skeleton, throw in some fucking robots, a rhinoceros, and some half-baked Hunger Games rejects.

its still fun
>>
>>344581050
I don't even know what that means.
Sorry :/
>>
>>344581005
Atleast Battleborn's design doesn't feel sucked out of life. It's like they tried to make the least triggering design for a female archer and ended up with...a dark green blob with zero personality
>>
I like Muriel, for what it's worth.
>>
>>344581341
hi mommy
>>
>>344581292
I could say the same thing about every character in Battleborn.
Muscle McHeropants, Sir Gentlemansteampnkrobot, Elf Bowwoman, Captain Piratewoman
Do you really want to tell me that Battleborn TRIED to have unique design? Or did they just throw shit at some wall and checked what stuck.

At least the Paragon designs are easy on the eye and not "ironic"
>>
>>344581803
I assume you want your characters to actually stand out when you're making a game based on 'em
>>
>>344581987
It's the silhouette question of character design, which Paragon does handle. You can easily tell who each character is by looking at them from a distance.
>>
>>344582487
I like how the skins all seem to be just recolors and/or retextures, instead of model changes, which are nice, but also on 99% of other games it ends up really messing with the hero's silhouette.
>>
>>344582487
I dunno, all i see is a clusterfuck of pointless details
>>
>>344581168
>a skeleton
Wait, who's the skeleton in Paragon?

>>344582719
The recolors are basic skins. Down the road, there will be much more intricate skins, from extra doodads on the character to possibly an entirely new model.
>>
>>344582962
Mountain dew grim reaper.
>>
>>344583352
>>344583352
Sevarog?
>>
>>344584668
i bet inside he's just doritos
>>
the coolest assfaggots out there, the whole x,y thing lends itself to some pretty cool gameplay.
I hope it does well enough, cause the devs really care about player feedback
>>
anyone here playing the ps4 version?
>>
>>344587370
Isn't it cross-platform? I remember reading something about this. You can play with people on PC by adding them on your Epic account I think.
>>
>>344587257
>the whole x,y thing lends itself to some pretty cool gameplay.
No, it doesn't
>>
>>344587748
Yes, Paragon is cross-platform and cross-progression between PC and PS4. You link your account and can play your account regardless of platform.
>>
>>344588285
>what is gideon
>what is howitzer
>what is range high ground
>what are ground jukes
>what are jungle surprise ganks

ok laddy
>>
>>344588731
I've played this thing enough to know you're either a gigantic fucking scrub, or are playing against gigantic fucking scrubs. The Z axis matters about as much as it does in Dota
>>
>>344588968
Sure bud, bring all that cred matey.
>>
>>344589237
You're an idiot
>>
>>344589298
Nice insult, sure back ups your claims.
>>
>>344588968
I don't know, anon. It sounds like you haven't played the game
>>
>>344589661
That was a claim, refute it
>>
>>344588968
You do legitimately have to aim up at Gideon with your skills if he's ulting in midair; you also have to aim up at a ledge if an enemy is at a higher elevation than you (or aim down if you have the high ground). That is a not-insignificant use of the Z-axis, which immediately places the game over SMITE.
>>
>>344589948
>have to aim up
I assume that's hard for consoles
>>
>>344588968
>The Z axis matters about as much as it does in Dota

I assume you don't mean the closest approximation to z axis - which is high ground - arguably the most powerful and important mechanic in DotA
>>
>>344570516
Yeah I played a game last night. A lot slower paced than SMITE, but the equipment / build system seems deeper.
>>
>>344580908
>Asymmetric leg armor

Fucking why
>>
This is the first time I've seen a thread up about Paragon last this long on /v/.

Why does everyone hate this game again?
>>
>>344591409
I don't think people hate it, but the amount of people who actually played it is probably really small, considering you had to buy the Founder's Pack to play it, but now that it's free on PS+, there are more people trying it so threads last longer.
>>
>>344591409
I wouldn't say "hate" so much as "don't know about." The game is still in closed alpha, despite its presence in stores and trade shows. It's also a MOBA that's a new face in the LoL/DotA/SMITE/HotS arena. Wait until the game hits open beta before discussion really blows up.
>>
>>344591409
>RNG items
>Fucky designs
>Closed alpha/beta
>UE4

>>344591653
>free on PS+
>>
>>344591819
>RNG items
The base decks the game gives you serve their purpose well, and the more cards you get, the more you can finetune your own personal build.

>UE4
You say that like it's a bad thing. Besides, the game is by Epic, who OWNS UE4.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.