[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diablo II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 1457704224-1798-card.jpg (36 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1457704224-1798-card.jpg
36 KB, 480x270
I found the box in my old stuff and have a friend handy for the next few weeks so I suggested we try and beat the game in a LAN co-op. She is familiar with vidya but never played it and I was around 8 when I played so we're both huge noobs.

So we're going to play in Hardcore mode, which classes should we pick to complement each other and have fun?

If you're well versed and feeling helpful, I'd love a breakdown on the play style of the different classes.
>>
File: Necromancer.gif (97 KB, 131x233) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer.gif
97 KB, 131x233
I used to play this guy but I don't remember much aside from walls of bones.
>>
>>344559749
Same dude I just spammed skeles
>>
>>344558970
Depends how long you're playing for.

But no matter what I always play paladin.
>>
>>344558970
Pre expansion? you can try Blood golem with iron maiden on Necro, whirlwind on Barb, fire wall on sorc
>>
File: meanwhile in diablo 2.jpg (183 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in diablo 2.jpg
183 KB, 800x600
>>344558970

>be new to D2.
>play hardcore.

Don't do this. Mistakes happen, and there's no take backs. If you trip a stupid fireball trap in a chest and die, well, too bad.

Anyway. stay away from the assassin and the druid, and it doesn't matter what you do on normal.
>>
>set up lan with friends
>that one guy who rushes ahead and clears shit/takes all the loot
>that one guy who claims to have found a "rare" item that lets him one shot bosses

Yeah, fuck you tim. We know you used the god damn hero editor you little bitch
>>
Should I play this again?
The speedrun from gdq really got me inerested in the speed running aspect of diablo 2

i'd like to jump into this but i dont know how
>>
>>344562586
Download, play.
You are now jumped into D2
>>
>>344558970
Honestly? Play D3 instead. D2 was fun as fuck during it's time, but it aged like wet shit. If your friend never played it, she's going to likely hate it without the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>344562643
I already have it you clown, I'm talking about the speedrunning aspect.

Unlike other games, the only speedrunning information is in the form of 8 hour long videos, where in other games it's usually a pastebin or document telling you how to go about the route.
>>
>>344562253
>Hear rumors of Uber Diablo
>Bullshit
>Farming in Act 1
>Not even death can save you from me
>>
>>344562702
Don't do this
>>
>>344562253

This is an even bigger problem when you're doing casual online shit servers. There's always that one paladin who takes it VERY seriously, despite the 6 scrubs who don't even know what game they're playing yet.
>>
>>344562770
Then spend the 8 hours learning how to avoid playing the game
>>
>>344562995
>one paladin
holy fuck, this
its always the fucking paladin
>>
>>344558970

Barb: hold left mouse button/support abilities comparable to some kind of tabletop bard. He's hard to fuck up.

Paladin: support auras/retarded attack skills that all have some kind of attached drawback during their use. He's stronger defensively than the barb, and has superior damage output if built right, but far easier to fuck up, and if you're not using the right auras, people get upset.

Necro: he summons minions or attacks specific monster weaknesses.Also has curses which are like the reverse of paladin auras. Fragile and too many summon necros in one place can fuck your game up due to not being able to fit through hallways and shit. Generally straightforward to play, hard to fuck up his builds. Has no actual physical damage output, so don't even think about it.

Sorceress: bare abs brown wizard chick. She gets strange built in buffs to the attack speed of some weapons like the two handed swords, but primarily slings spells at shit and does other wizard stuff. Outside of normal difficulty, enemies have many resistances or immunities, so a sorc built to do just one element can find herself cockblocked from winning battles, but one trying to do more than one can't apply proper damage.

Amazon: a meme. She's a barb with less straightforward left click skills, less durability, and less armor, but makes up for it with enhanced melee strikes that can demolish hordes of enemies. It's rumored that some amazons specialize in the art of bows and arrows, or crossbows and bolts, but this is really just a rumor.

Assassin: she looks like a more fragile barb with higher damage, but you need some gosu micro to get anything out of her. Assassin's left click, even when buffed to the max, isn't as good as the barb's, so if you want to click enemies, you should roll a barb instead. She gets to set traps and use kung-fu. Traps are easier to manage than kung-fu, but you're probably gonna fuck up your build and make it shit above normal. She is insanely boot reliant.
>>
>>344564038
what happened to druid?
did he die?
>>
>>344564038

Cont.

Druid: he's an otherkin wizard multiclass. Traditionally the worst class. Still is in many ways to this day. People often get tricked into thinking they can have pet crows, spirits, bears, and worms that will let them be effective, which doesn't work out. He often equips super strong crossbows in his werewolf form so he can attain really high melee attack speeds. Don't ask.
>>
i've only played diablo 2 classic multiplayer

should i get the expansion? i really liked finding godly gear in diablo 2 classic with amazing modifiers like FCR, dual/triple 20% resistance, FHR, +life, and all that good stuff
>>
>>344564456

How are there people alive who don't have the expansion? Yes, you should get it.

The items are on a different level, especially the uniques and sets.
>>
How are freezing arrow amazons compared to blizz sorcs?

Blizz damage is way higher but theres a significant delay and it's random, while you can shoot like 3.5 freezing arrows that pierce and aoe per second.

Plus you can easily dispatch cold immunes with strafe, though you'll need a pretty damn good rolled grand matriach bow if you're not rich enough for a faith.

Multishot bowazons just seem to do shit damage from what I see, cause of being capped at 3/4th damage.
>>
>>344562995
>>344563352

http://www.speedrun.com/d2lod#Any
>>
>>344564908
Blizzards stack and damage while you can still avoid.
I don't remember much about freezing arrow though
>>
>>344565215

Yeah it is really fucking easymode and powerful, but it's a one trick pony without being rich as shit(infinity).

You're literally stuck just doing ancient tunnels forever, which isn't necessarily bad cause it's a ilvl85 area, but eh.
>>
>>344558970
>two noobs
>hardcore

have fun quitting during Act 1 :^)

also
>she
>friend
pic related
>>
>>344564908

It works, but like you already identified, you need to be rich, lucky, or both to do it.
>>
I have my D2 discs in a drawer. Can I register them with Blizzard's digital distro service so I don't have to use CDs in the year 2016?
>>
>>344558970
>we're going to play in Hardcore mode

Are you retarded?
>>
>>344567839
I'm looking forward to this thread's follow-up
>Oooh, what's this curse?
>RIP Iron fucking Maidened
>>
>>344567756
yes
>>
>>344568223

>let me just leap onto these oblivion knights.
>fuck is this iron maiden curse?
>lightning enchanted extra fast multiple missile?
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
>>
Question from a noob here, what stats do you want to lvl up as a Summon necromancer?

I'm at act 2 now, and i feel so weak, help anyone?
>>
>>344569279
>Fire Enchanted
>Bone Fetishes
>>
>>344558970
paladin and necro/druid work well together if the necro or druid is summon focused

Both get act 2 mercenaries in Nightmare, paladin runs another aura, three auras on summoned skellies or wolves is god tier
>>
>>344562702
??? I literally just played Diablo 2 again for the first time in like 7 years with a buddy on hardcore ladder. It was fun as fuck. We spent at least 50 hours in it. A lot more fun than D3 and a lot more time spent playing it.
>>
>>344569453
Pump vitality. Only enough strength to wear armor.

For the most part hang back and dump all points into raise skeleton and skeleton mastery, and a few later on into resist. Ultimately max raise skeleton and mastery. Mages are decent but never better than raise skeletons, so they come later.
>>
>>344569453

You get as much strength as you need to equip good armor, and then the rest into vitality.

This is how you build all classes. Never put any points into energy, ever. It's completely worthless, even for spellcasters. If your class doesn't have a skill that boosts hit chance and you're into melee combat, you might want extra points in dex.
>>
>>344558970
Hardcore mode is specifically for people who know the game at the back of their heads. Don't do it for bragging rights, because the newcomer frustration will just tell you to uninstall it or diminish the fun on the second attempt.
>>
classic > lod

prove me wrong
>>
>>344571494
>Rune words were introduced in the expansion, Lord of Destruction, and can not be created in classic Diablo II.
>>
>>344571750
that is a point in my favour, yes

runewords ruin the game at every level, at low levels they can be reliably acquired to outclass anything else you can have at that point and at later levels they're stupidly good to the point where they make the itemization of rares/magics/unique irrelevant
>>
What's a good way to play 1.14d without having it stretched or a small box on my screen. Is there a way to play this game comfortably.
>>
>>344572194

>runewords.
>low level.

I don't think act 4 normal qualifies as legit low level, anon.
>>
>>344572431
There's a number of programs that can be used to put Diablo 2 in widescreen, which you can google. The big caveat is that these CANNOT be used with Closed Battle.net, only Open and Single-player, because they give you way more vision and let you see enemies further than they can see you.

Fair warning too is that it doesn't make anything bigger, so everything is still super small, you're just seeing more of the map.

Personally I use ShiftWindow to stretch it by half again. This is legal for Closed B.Net and doesn't stretch it to huge amounts.
>>
>>344573294
Alright thanks, I'll check that program out.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.