[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Want to play a MMO >All of them are F2P P2W trash or dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1177x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1177x768
>Want to play a MMO
>All of them are F2P P2W trash or dead as fuck ghost towns that get updated once a year
>Except for FFXIV but that's a 2.5s GCD WoW clone

Why is it so hard for game developers to make a decent MMO /v/?
>>
You faggots don't understand how much work goes into a world server and managing a MMO
>>
>>344555397

The cost overhead doesn't allow for innovation.

You've got to hype, then play a tug of war with already established mmo populations and their player market share in order to drum up a profit.

And then they turn around and see shit like CoD, Uncharted, Halo etc and are probably wondering why the fuck they're still bothering with MMOs
>>
>>344555397
facebook made MMO genre irrelevant
>>
>>344555397

>oGCD skills don't exist

Here's your (you)
>>
File: litteraly_you.png (3 MB, 1893x700) Image search: [Google]
litteraly_you.png
3 MB, 1893x700
>>344555397

>le ebin 2.5 meme

Never gets old :)
>>
>>344555625
How?
>>
Stealth FFXIV thread?
FFXIV thread.

How the fuck do I make Gil in this game? People say crafting is a good money maker but I end up spending more money on crafts than actually making profit.
>>
>>344555779
By removing social aspect from it completely.
>>
>>344555397
Problem with FFXIV in my opinion is bad fighting system srls this game have each system that i like in mmorpg except good fighting system.
>>
>>344555996
Then Facebook also made YouTube irrelevant

>>344555998
I think it works fine. It's supposed to a Final Fantasy game, not DMC.
>>
>>344556165
>Then Facebook also made YouTube irrelevant
You mean google plus?
>>
>>344555996
Facebook killed any multiplayer game then
>>
>>344555987
Crafting will only really make you money if you go full autist with it.
Best way to make gil casually is gathering, and knowing what to gather that'll sell.
>>
>>344556165
FFXI's combat was great

FFXIV is just slower WoW, which was garbage in the first place
>>
>>344555998
Also they should add blood or dirt to this game becose when playing i have feeling that charackters and environment is unnaturaly clear, i would even say that it is sterile
>>
>>344555397
>>Want to play a MMO
>in 2016
>>
>>344555397
EVE Online is still there, though it's a shame no one else copied the gold core but in a different setting with updated mechanics and improvements on its flaws. I think it's the only actual MASSIVELY multiplayer online game left however, sadly as you say F2P grindan' trash and wow-clones seems to take over which is a real shame. What a waste of potential.

EVE is absolutely more niche and there is a lot of wasted potential, but if you're one of the people who can get into it there are experiences that cannot be found anywhere else. It's worth a shot at least if you haven't tried it, if only to see the potential. If it's not your thing that's fine, the real shame is that we don't have a half dozen games of that size with different feels to choose from rather then publishers continuously trying to score ultra giant megahits that are all shit.
>>
>>344556291
FFXI combat was literally mash a skill chain macro and alt tab until something happens
>>
>>344556249
Only those where social aspect was important. COD is doing fine.
>>
>People tell me to not create a miqote because only retards play them
>Miqote have the best animations in the game

Fuck.
>>
>2.5s GCD
Slowest game ever
>>
>>344556535
>listening to salty rebel fags rather then just playing what you like
forwhatpurpose.tiff
>>
Come play PSO with me.

Wish the official servers were still up.
>>
>>344556635
Because I have friends that want to play with me and some want me to pick one race and some want me to pick another race.
>>
>>344556352
EvE is slower than FFXIV. All you do is manage spreadsheets and AFK in space as your skills auto level.
>>
The only MMO I was still playing was LOTRO and it just fucking ripped so hard.

Turbine was sat down by Warner Bros and told to either transition to a mobile game company or the entire company will be dissolved. So they took the layoffs and announced the transition.

A mobile game company has no point to support a PC MMO. The poor bastards playing this game for nearly 10 years won't even see Mordor or the game completed in any sense. It will just shut down without a word.

Savage as fuck but hey that's what happens to MMOs these days.
>>
>>344556291
Yeah that what is wrong with fighting system it is slow... when i was playing a monk sometime is hard feeling of playing old man or that i'am playing on lags (ping around 40ms).
>>
>>344556763
I currently play on Ephinea PSOBB.
>>
>>344555397
Shame that a WoW clone is doing better than the actual game they are copying.
>>
>>344556821
>ancient ebin maymays
>actually taking old jokes seriously and thinking reposting them makes you look like you know something
Fucking stupid. Why are you shitposting about a game you've never played?
>>
>>344555397
FFXIV has good end game raids. That's pretty much it. World is all instanced and feels tiny.

ESO has a ton of story content and some okayish pvp. lots of rp if you're into that. Loadscreens everywhere but it's looks pretty. Art design is kinda boring.

BDO has node wars and tons of grinding. Looks really nice and the world feels big. You can get a lot done just by afking and leaving the game running in the background.

WoW is WoW.
>>
Why play MMOs when you can MOBAs like LoL and Overwatch?
>>
>>344557207
>You can get a lot done just by afking and leaving the game running in the background.

Fucking why play then holy shit I never understood this about some MMO's especially korean ones and EVE. Why do people enjoy this shit? It's like leaving cookie clicker going overnight so fucking stupid.
>>
>>344557016
At level 60 I have a hard time keeping up with monk because of their positionals and how much buffs they have to manage with a short GCD and oGCDs.

WoW has a shorter GCD than FFXIV but I can macro all my stuff to one button and still succeed because positionals and raw damage oGCDs don't exist
>>
Another thign about fighting system was monster level monster having 4 lvl more than you was almost unkillable when monster 4 lvl lower was nothing more than a fly and no exp. The diffrence that was doing 1 lvl up or less was anoying and focing a player to kill monster on the spot that developers decide you to do
>>
>>344557408
Cause I like to build an economic empire and micro manage shit while I fish or farm for valuables sometimes instead of just killing 10,000 of the same mobs over and over.
>>
>>344557616
>>344557016
Are you underaged or just stupid?
>>
>>344555397
I think it's because MMOs are at the core shitty games that rely heavily on grinding something or other and relying on the community to be good and keep their playerbase steady. Problem is MMO's attract the worst scum on the planet just short of Mobas. So people hate the community and realize they're paying or playing a shitty game for no reason than to get slightly higher statted gear over a few months.

Once I got redpilled on mmos I could never go back.
>>
I enjoyed FF14 a lot but my main gripe with it was the lack of midcore content. You got an abundance of casual faceroll content and savage autist poopsocking content, but there's hardly anything inbetween. It's like only have a Easy and Hard mode, there's no Normal mode.
>>
>>344555987
Essentially it's gathering and selling materia. The market is constantly changing.. It's not fun, I think FF14 is one of the few MMOs where making money feels like I'm daytrading.
>>
>>344557672
25 isn't underage i belive, and i'm not so stupid, I just like specifick play style. Crafting highest possible armor and weapon and fighting many low tier monster at this same time.
>>
>>344556808
>Friends

Well then remind them they're 'friends' and you'll play what you race want, Anon.
>>
>>344557714
I like grinding, but fuck me right?
>>
File: ffxiv_08052015_112546.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08052015_112546.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344556535
Just make what my cat looks like and you'll be alright.
>>
>>344556291
Nobody fucking liked FFXI combat, it was painfully slow and had retarded game design choices like Everquest combat.

Most people from FFXI enjoyed the community, world, and how small things felt like huge accomplishments. Nobody enjoyed actually grinding in NEET parties.
>>
>>344557714
bottom line, mmos are made for neets. They need some sort of positive stimulus in their lives so they grind in mmos for things to make themselves feel better when they achieve something.

This used to be me long ago. Then I got my shit together and mmos just stopped appealing altogether.
>>
>>344558303
Wow, a cat that doesn't look like a teen popstar from Japan.
>>
>Played FFXIV for 6 days
>Enjoy the combat and crafting
>Still haven't talked to anyone outside dungeons
>>
>>344558512
MMOS are made for normie losers now, they used to be catered directly for NEETs but not anymore.
>>
>>344558681
Novice Network? FCs? Linkshells?
>>
File: ffxiv_08202015_041123.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08202015_041123.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>344558519
I tried my best to make him look cool but helmets still look kinda shitty on cats.
>>
>>344558831
Is Novice Network the mentor stuff some people told me about in dungeons?
>>
>>344558681
>Still haven't talked to anyone outside dungeons
Yes this is a pbolem that almost ever mmo game have. there is so much system like lfg and information webside that there is almost no point to speak with other players.
>>
>>344558714
normies have all moved to mobas and overwatch friend
>>
>>344555397
The better question is how can you come up with good ideas, setting, and playstyles with mmos, then fuck it up with one incredibly stupid decision?

Pso2, Tera, BnS, and Bd a huge offenders of this
>>
File: ffxiv_08052015_112759.png (654 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08052015_112759.png
654 KB, 1920x1080
>>344558847
Also the Cat beard is the best beard in the game right now, imo.
>>
Is love my AST.
>>
>>344558924
Vanilla WoW is really nice because everyone talks in chat.

But I've already played Vanilla WoW about 10 times now and it's boring.
>>
>>344558890
Novice Network is a special chat channel where noobies and veterans can talk to each other on your server. There can be hundreds of people in it at once.

You use that chat channel to make friends, ask questions, party up with people to make dungeons/fates go by faster, or just talk.
>>
>>344557232
you like to rage and get raged at by shitty teammates?
>>
>>344559296
In other words it functions like a General Chat?
>>
>>344558993
plenty of normies still play themepark MMOs
>>
>>344555397
Someones never played Monk
>>
>>344559428
Basically yes. Not being in it will make the game feel dead and antisocial if you're not making an effort to be social to other people.
>>
>>344559578
Does it go away magically once I reach a level? Or is it always there for me?
>>
File: 1467620067169.gif (1020 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1467620067169.gif
1020 KB, 500x373
>>344558681
I've been playing for a month without any real interaction outside of a {Nice to meet you.} at the beginning of every dungeon and a {Thank you.} {Take care.} at the end.
I've been tempted to get more social lately so I can clear some old stuff just to get it over with and out of my quest log (original 3 primal EXs) but all the FCs I see advertising their recruitment are hosted by "Kirito Uchiha" or "Nyan Cat" etc. and I can't swallow enough of my pride to tolerate faggots like that.
I'll probably stay solo until I find an FC free of weeaboos and faggots. Will probably take me a while to find something like that though.

if anyone has suggestions for good FCs on Faerie I'd be happy to join
>>
>>344559704
Once you reach the expansion content and have at least 168 hours played on your character, you get kicked out.

You can come back in if you make an alt or become a mentor.
>>
>le ffxiv 2.5s gcd meme
>meanwhile dragoon has to perform 23 actions in 21.6 seconds in its opener
>>
>>344555558
>You faggots don't understand how much work goes into a world server and managing a MMO
i understand.
it costs money, takes a lot of time.
nice.
but we can still point out if a game sucks.
not the creators fault but the people with all the money from the studios who are pushing all the programmers like crazy to push the game out way too soon.
they are at fault here.
they publish games that need way more time than they get.
quality takes time. they rather want quantity in order to sell more.
>>
>>344555625
i get what you mean but it's not true.
again, i understand what you mean, but you would cling to your opinion anyway and that's totally fine with me.
>>
>Been playing XIV since launch
>Try WoW a few times since
>Originally played WoW, but too a break
>Pacing issues

Holy hell, you could not have two completely opposite games when it comes to the pacing of doing content in a dungeon, etc.
>>
>>344559991
>make a macro that does it all in one press

what deep and interesting combat
>>
>>344559881
Do play on the Aether datacenter by any chance? Every faggot I met on there is an elitist or cringe autistic weeb.

Ever since I switched to Primal, people have been a lot more down to earth friendly and actually care about playing the game rather than who has the cutest cat or some bullshit.
>>
>>344559881
>I'll probably stay solo until I find an FC free of weeaboos and faggots. Will probably take me a while to find something like that though.

I know that feel.
>>
>>344556352

Are people forgetting that CCP's Eve Online is literally like a state funded venture at this point?

They've one of the biggest fucking server superclusters running this damn thing.

Fuck they had to get Military SECRET Clearance to even be able to purchase the hardware for their Tranquality server
>>
>>344555987
Haven't played in like 2 years but I made a shit ton flipping crafting materials from merchants to the market. You can just buy shitty mats for like 3-5 Gil each and then re sell them for like 15-30 each. Just do this while you quest or do dungeons
>>
File: 4RRm2aG.jpg (70 KB, 618x818) Image search: [Google]
4RRm2aG.jpg
70 KB, 618x818
>>344555397

>2.5 GCD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zoOW-9RzGc

Nah. FFXIV actually has one of the worst cases of skill bloat I've seen in an MMO, not only that 95% of the skills are usable and worthwhile in some context. You're not just mashing 1-3 buttons for maximum dps either. Mechanics raid-wise are gradually becoming more and more evolved as devs git gudder.
>>
>>344560370
>>Fuck they had to get Military SECRET Clearance to even be able to purchase the hardware for their Tranquality server

No they didn't. They're still using IBM equipment, but newer.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is it too late to get in on FFIV?

I have no friends and no good games to play online with. Ill be on the EU servers. Is it fun or worth trying as a noob?
>>
>>344560268
Except that doesn't work due to how all macros have a delay and can't chain oGCDs in FFXIV

Meanwhile in WoW, you can macro your level 100 arms warrior spec into a single button.
>>
>>344560268
this is actually not possible to do.
>>
File: 1315895798649.png (162 KB, 372x471) Image search: [Google]
1315895798649.png
162 KB, 372x471
I played FFXIV before Heavensward came out. I cannot think of a more antisocial MMO, and there's virtually no variety in character builds. The entire story quest is drawn out as fuck and requires no help from ANY other player, and the dungeons are piss easy. I went through the entire game without ever actually talking to anyone outside of a hello and a goodbye from the mandatory story dungeons.

All of the classes are dull as hell, too, and there's no skill trees or interesting multiclassing, or even item builds, so every person that plays a class plays it the same way. It's so fucking boring. It's just spam your rotations until the enemy dies.
>>
>>344560268
>trying to macro Dragoon in endgame content

-3/10
>>
"The funny thing was that, at the time, the technology only existed in the military so we had to get military clearance to go into a bunker in Texas to evaluate the hardware because the company, back then, had only just started looking into commercializing this thing that they made for the US army. We were one of first clients and they thought it was really funny that they went from building things for the army to something that's so completely light-hearted."

With a grin, Halldor adds, "Of course, we told them that the Internet spaceships are serious business."

http://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-1/
Yes they did.

The Tranquility server is built on tech at the time only available to the US Army and just entering civilian stages of prototyping.
>>
>>344559881
Faerieis the unofficial LGBT server. What the fuck are you doing there?
>>
>>344560268

>I've never played the game

In-game macros have a minimum wait timer to prevent this from happening. You can use a macro in your mouse or w/e, but the majority of fights have mechanics that stop you from doing so as melee, or are incredibly not-optimal depending on the fight.
>>
>>344558681
>resubbed after a year of not playing
>every single person in my FC/LS quit playing
>only tells i get are from gilsellers
>df groups are usually dead silent even if there is someone cool, they're on a different server so i'll never see them again anyway
>this game is so lonely
>>
File: Silly lala poses.png (1 MB, 1206x527) Image search: [Google]
Silly lala poses.png
1 MB, 1206x527
>>344555987
The hot thing right now is to join a Aquapolis party. You can get tons of gil easily.

I get like a million per day and I have fun.
>>
>>344556345
>i would even say that it is sterile
and that wasn't by accident.
no blood: lower age-restriction = more players.
counter strike wanted to appear nicer too at some point and had enemies lay down with their arms behind their heads.
it was retarded, worst attempt ever. got removed within a short amount of time.
people want violence in games if the game is about violence.
final fantasy in my opinion doesn't really need that.
i was totally fine in EVERY part of the series when the enemies simply vanished into the nothingness.
your opinion is ok but i'm glad noone is giving a shit about it.
>>
Anyone who says FFXIV is antisocial hasn't played in half a year or probably plays on a dead server like Mateus.

Every night there's at least 200 something people talking in Novice Network here on Exodus. People grouping up to take on S rank hunt monsters out in the open world, noobs asking questions about how to get gud at crafting or how to play their jobs correctly, people posting dank memes and crying about how MMOs are all dead but this one, etc.
>>
>>344560752
That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. LGTBBQ FCs everywhere.
I was going for Gilgamesh when I first started just so I could chill with Reddit normies hoping that'd be the best option, but it was full so I just picked one of the other servers at random. I guess I fucked up.
>>
>>344560875

To be honest, dead servers are mega-dead. It's definitely lost a decent chunk of players because of 3.0. Due to how they essentially neutered crafters and by extension gatherers, created a raid too hard for most mid-core raid groups but provided virtually no content for those midcores to do to help them advance in Gordias for months. Relic came too late and was dead on arrival for most players.

FFXIV as a whole definitely will not die anytime soon though, no matter what people say. At least up till 5.0, I'd say.
>>
>>344560875
This

Hell, I'm on Jenova and I just talk to people since our server is full or random people who somehow destroy endgame stuff like it's there job. All you need to do is talk to people. I even have a macro to give a proper greeting to every elezen i meet. I make sure everyone has a good time around me.

People want a fun friend, so be that fun friend
>>
>>344561206
You fucked up big time unless you're curious about taking it up the ass.
>>
What should I spend red scrips on, secondary tools or upgrading primary tools/gear?
>>
File: goebbels.jpg (185 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
goebbels.jpg
185 KB, 1264x1460
>>344556352
At this point EVE has absolutely nothing to offer if you don't intend to immediately join Goons or the other one or two alliances that control everything. CCP has gone out of their way to make every soloable thing in the game as boring and unrewarding as possible. Just remember what they did to exploration, apparently because alliances wanted cheaper blueprints. Fleet PvP is horrendous if you're rank and file, small gang roaming is either ganking an unsuspecting solo who doesn't stand a chance or running away from other gangs. And don't forget to participate in the scheduled 3am POS bash, goy.

Pic related, it's me at 2000 hours clocked and finally about to unsub. Please don't trick more people into this hell.
>>
>>344556763

What is it? is it good? fun?
>>
File: IMG_0839.gif (2 MB, 532x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0839.gif
2 MB, 532x300
>There are people who aren't playing with their /v/ buddies on Ultros.
ZR is nice.
>>
>>344560605
>Every person plays every class the same way

That's why the game encourages you to play multiple classes on a single character. Don't feel like being a defensive paladin, be an aggressive warrior. Don't feel like being a pet having shield healer, switch to a raw heal potency white mage.
>>
File: image.jpg (632 KB, 1756x2417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
632 KB, 1756x2417
Whats the best MMO to jump in on now as a complete noob with no friends?

FFXIV?
>>
>>344555987

I haven't played for about a year so things may have changed. but the easiest way to make cash is to check which crystals are selling for the most on the marketplace. I forget what the crystals were used for, but you could get them from gathering on nodes. higher levels in the gathering classes let u use skills that get more of those crystals. I think like wind and fire crystals were the best.

also there was a way to get a shit ton of materia and sell those. like I said, I forgot how the systems work, but there was one place in particular that you could fight monsters while you were wearing low or mid tier gathering gear to get it "spiritbonded" . once spirit bonded you can turn gear into materia. there's a low chance that you'll get the beat materia, but when you do it sells for a fucking shitload.

google spirit bonding guide and you'll find better info on it. you don't really need much gil til you reach max level with a class.

also check the crafting merchants. they'll often sell things that you can turn and sell on the auction house for profit. people pay extra for the convenience of buying from the auction house instead of visiting a merchant
>>
Is cactuar a good server to play on?
>>
>>344561548
I would say yes.
>>
>>344561548
FFXIV or EVE.
>>
>>344555998
>Forced story missions that are 100h+ for ARR only are a good thing
>>
>>344555987

this is complete bullshit. i made 100k gil profit from leveling goldsmithing to 1-15
>>
>>344561548
>FFXIV?
yes.
it costs money but the community is even better.
more "serious" players, nice people, no p2w, great fucking atmosphere and game and graphics. it had a terrible start but it's really nice.
i played the demo and when i can afford it i'm going to buy it.
>>
>>344559041

I was considering buying bdo, what was their big mistake?
>>
>>344560857

Game's dark af if look for it. Rape, prostitution, death of your comrades, sexual innuendos everywhere.
>>
>>344561529
>ZR is nice
A part of me wants to believe you but another part of me knows that no /v/-based guild on any game ever has been good.
>>
>>344560464
FFXlV? Sure, I started playing 2 months ago and I have been really enjoying it, with the novice channel, the community wont feel as dead, I highly recommend going to Balmung or Gilgamesh, I will get alot of shit for this comment, but trust me, if you play on any other server, you might as well just play a single player game, I tried to play FF14 like a year ago and quit because after a whole montj of trial, I spoke with like maybe 3 people tops, game felt really depressing to be honest.
>>
>>344561582
It's the second LGBT server, but not nearly as prominent as Faerie.
>>
>>344559906
Interesting. How does one become a mentor?
>>
>>344561548
>Whats the best MMO to jump in on now as a complete noob with no friends?
>FFXIV?
i'm still playing lineage 2. it's just to kill some time, f2p, but it really sucks compared to many other games.
i have noone to play mmos with.
if you're from the US ask some folks here if you can play with them, doesn't hurt mate.
>>
File: ffxiv_07032016_204508.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07032016_204508.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>mfw butt windows
>>
>>344561529
Ultros endgame raiders seem cancerous as fuck but otherwise its an okay server.
>>
>>344562050
I've never been on the mumble but I can tell you that the FC chat is mostly cancer free. It has a bunch of really nice helpful people.
>>
>>344561884
How active is it?

Is it actually fun or is it boring build meta all the time?
>>
>>344559906
>>344559578

I'm surprised Mentor actually makes things feel alive for newbies. Guess they did that well in the end.
>>
File: todd.jpg (68 KB, 853x439) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
68 KB, 853x439
>Not playing ESO

it's literally Skyrim with Multiplayer.
>>
File: acLZxDo.png (26 KB, 272x217) Image search: [Google]
acLZxDo.png
26 KB, 272x217
I'm bored as fuck right now so if you have any general questions i can basically answer, expect high level crafting
>>
>>344562308
I'm waiting for the other expansions to come out because I try that piece of shit game again.
>>
>>344562308

if it were skyrim with multiplayer it would not have gone buy to play
>>
The reason FFXIV is dead is because low-level armors suck fucking dick and normies get to level 15, see that the game has shit armor and then quits.
>>
>>344562197
>male highlander that doesn't look like they have down syndrome
Very impressive anon, I like your character. Their face options are pretty shit but you found a way.
>>
>>344562364
post your /playtime
>>
>>344562279
You can do so much shit in the game apart from combat its ridiculous. The crafting system is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>344562524
More like enraging as fuck when you miss an 80% chance three times in a row.
>>
>>344560605
Skill trees give the illusion of choice. There's still going to be one skill combination for each class that will be considered 'standard' among high level players, and any player using any combination other than that will be discriminated against for doing so. Skill trees would not help XIV.
>>
>>344557591
While I agree about Monk (and its probably the easiest DPS imo) the macro thing hasnt worked for wow in forever, and oGCDs have been around forever. (Heck at one point, most of warriors attack abilities were oGCD abilities)

its better to compare wow with "spammy" with more abilities, and shorter GCD, making the challenge on keeping up with a simplistic rotation, where as FFXIV is slower, but requires more multitasking of a more complex set of mechanics (including more dodging than wow)

both have their difficulties, but in the end, most ppl will be bored with FFXIV, because 2.5s is slow for most of the game, and the games low difficulty prevents people from trying to maximize their performance until its too late.
>>
>>344562634
Thats why you go for 100%.
>>
>>344562279
>Is it actually fun or is it boring build meta all the time?
i want to be honest.
it's very active, i think it's going to live a couple of years until it dies down so it's worth it.
but i also can't tell you if it has a great endgame.
like bossfights and raids.
no idea.
other anons might be a bit more informative.
>>
File: 4t1LECm.png (13 KB, 291x20) Image search: [Google]
4t1LECm.png
13 KB, 291x20
>>344562457
been playing since the first beta of arr
>>
>>344562034
>Game's dark af if look for it. Rape, prostitution, death of your comrades, sexual innuendos everywhere.
seriously? holy shit dude. i'm that other guy that only played the demo so far and want to buy it when i have my job and money so i can afford it.
i already wanted to buy it but this just makes it even better.
>>
File: ffxiv_06252016_211954.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06252016_211954.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>344562439
Thanks and I have to say that the low level armors are hilarious.
>>
>>344561557
I know you haven't played in a while, but you should know that that advice is extremely dated. Nowadays, crystals and clusters are handed out like confetti, and ironically it's shards that are still in some level of demand.

Equally, I can get up to 12 tier 4 materia every day, although gathering and crafting materia are still decently priced.
>>
>>344562002
>bdo
grinding like crazy.

....hehe, i know. any mmo has lots of grinding.
so yeah, black desert is nice as fuck, don't grind too much, enjoy it for a while.
>>
>>344562897
It's not all that he implies. There are references or looks at those things but they are only occasional or implied.
>>
>>344562279
It's very active at endgame, and the game gives you reasons to revisit old dungeons to help newer players progress. There's ALWAYS something you could be doing, I don't think there's a single person who's completed everything.
>>
>>344562965

a proper hero shows off their powerful thighs
>>
File: 8357345.jpg (10 KB, 284x18) Image search: [Google]
8357345.jpg
10 KB, 284x18
>>344562747
I've been playing since 2.3, what the fuck have you been doing?
>>
>>344562728
End game is good if you're casual or semi-hardcore. If you want to be the best of the best, then I understand things get a bit more hairy, with true end-game raids only coming every 6 months, but I think the team is pretty good at trying to make every kind of player happy.
>>
>>344562970
>grade 4 materia in demand
2.0 beast tribes senpai
>>
>>344563192
some days i long on and just talk for a few mins to my fc and do a single DR and just log off

you know those days when you want to play but not actually play when you log in
>>
>>344563058
Fuck it. Imma buy it. What do i do, is there expansions i have to get?
>>
>>344562034
>tfw a gang rape happens and it's basically shown as just some shit that happens to ala mhiggans
>tfw all those flames you fought amal'jaa with get executed in secret
>tfw first dungeon has you stroll past a bunch of pirate sex slaves
>tfw third dungeon used giants as slaves until they rebelled, at which point the mine owners collapsed the tunnels and buried them all

Edgy af desu
>>
>>344562279

It's the same optimal rotation for all classes with maybe 1-2 variations depending on the fight or class. However that doesn't mean everyone can execute. There is a huge difference between bad, average, good, great players. The one true bad thing about the game is that it does keep it retard accessible until the actually hard content. It was a disconnect that caused 3.0 raid tier to be so jarring alongside the greatly raised difficulty of most classes to play at the level the devs expected.
>>
File: ffxiv_06272016_235402.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06272016_235402.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>344563081
I much prefer having a full set of clothing on but early game having no pants on made it much easier to thrust my long, hard spear deep into my enemies moist holes.
>>
>>344555987
Making gil is easier than its ever been right now
>maps
>eso mats
>aquapolis'
>grade 4 materia from ixal
>glass fiber from daily moogle quests
>grade 5 combat materia from weekly 24 man raids

Apply yourself
>>
>>344563402

Its one expansion breaks the level cap and unlocks one new race. You don't NEED it till you get to the 2.55 patch series of quests
>>
>>344562364
At what point should you start consistently crafting HQ items that aren't centered around your luck with the 70% basic touch? I'm at lvl 15 with all crafting classes.
>>
>>344563402
There's one expansion so far but there's no sense in getting it until you finish the game's main story. Unless you really want to play the expansion's dragon race.
You should check the free trial and see how you like it.
>>
>>344562293
>>344560875
Its a great function, the problem is, once you get kicked out of it, the game starts feeling really lonely again, for example in my case, im not high lvl enough to be able to participate in endgame content but not low lvl enough to be able to use the novice network, I do have a FC but its just not the same. If there was any incentive to do mid tier raida and stuff maybw it would be better, but to be honest, right now im just rushing through HW so I can get to the end game and actually be able to talk to people and join the high lvl content.
>>
>>344563302
>I can get up to 12 tier 4 materia every day
Read nigga, Ixali's can only get you like 3 crafting grade 4s a day, and most plebs gave up on them
>>
>>344563402
http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/na/
Start with the free 30 days to find out if you like it or not.
>>
What's an alive server in XIV?
>>
>>344560605
>skill trees
lmao
>>
I'm having fun on Kronos.
>>
>>344563053
>references
nice and smart.
so younger people would miss things like that but older players would know right away and like this the game doesn't get rated R or something. nice.
i'm really exited to get into the game.
>>
>>344556165
Which is a shame. There's not a game out there that wouldn't benefit from DMC combat.
>>
>>344563651
if you are crafting stuff above your level you are at a disadvantage, a big one because it makes it much harder to craft level 18 stuff if you are level 17, etc

and it really depends on the skills you have access to, all the crafters have special skills up to level 50, you can use them on other crafters to make get 100% HQ more easily
here is a list of them
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1n56n8/all_doh_crossclass_abilities/

but sometimes you still get fucked by rng, so there is that
>>
>>344563289
just casual. i have a nice reallife and i just can't get rid of my thirst for games. so i was thinking a mmo would consume enough of my time to satisfy me.
>>
>>344563913
Tonberry, if you're okay with australianslike me
>>
>>344563902
Can i use this on steam?
>>
>>344555397
Dragon Nest Sea, gotta love that combat system
>>
File: ffxiv_02212015_114845.jpg (505 KB, 1920x1061) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_02212015_114845.jpg
505 KB, 1920x1061
>>344564009

some implications are more obvious than others
>>
>>344564008
How is it compared to LE EBIN NOSTALRIUS? I heard Kronos was coded better but that it's dead.
>>
>>344563651
It depends entirely on the level of what you're trying to craft, how much CP you have and what cross-class abilities you have access to.
>>
>>344560006
>bitch and moan
the post
>>
I recently quit xiv because of the complete lack of content. Raiding on there got super old after the same thing for literal years.

Ended up subbing to wow since I've never played it . It's been ok so far but it's definitely a little dated. I'm hoping legion os enough to keep my attention till square gets their heads out of their assses.
>>
>>344562002
Making you pay for a F2P modeled game
>>
So how is WoW: Legion shaping up? Would it be a nice entrypoint for a new player or should I just download a WoW private server instead?
>>
>>344564162
Yes, but you can also just run the client through steam as a non-steam application and get the overlay.
Keep in mind that if you buy it on steam, you have to buy any future expansion on steam. If you don't, you have to buy any future expansion from the square enix online store.
>>
>>344562364
Best method for leveling combat classes?

I really want to see some of the stories but god damn its painfully slow.
>>
>>344564206
It's still more than active enough. Of course it doesn't reach Nost's ridiculous 13k peak but it's definitely as active as any of the highest pop retail ones back in the day. It's finally recovered from like 2 months of stability issues so the pop that's on now will probably remain.
>>
>>344564383
>lack of content
DoW/DoM content isn't 100% of the content, anon. There's always something you could be doing.
>>
>>344564474
Fuck. Thats irritating. Steam has access to the free trial right?
>>
>>344564383
Lack of content lol. You are just too lazy to do stuff.
>>
>>344564559
Pre-15, Hunting Log and Fates
Post-15, Dungeons and Fates
Roulettes are excellent exp but can only be done once per day. It's also worth doing each guildhest once on each class for the bonus.
>>
>>344564756
There should be a 'Download Demo' button on the store page.
>>
>>344564559
tanks/ healers: just spam dungeons and the hunting log in between dungeon runs, or if it really slow do fates also and sidequests
dps: queue up for dungeons and do fates or leves also any side quests

you really shouldn't be needing to level up to do dungeon unless you are leveling up multiple classes/jobs at the same time
although having said that sometimes there is a bit of a gap inbetween story quests
>>
File: ded game.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ded game.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>344563913
Leviathan, Gilgamesh, Balmung, Exodus, Excalibur, Behemoth, Chocobo, Shiva, Odin

take your pick.
>>
Just wait for Pantheon.

Its going to be focused entirely around exploration and group play, no UI guided fetch quests or minigame grinding.
>>
>>344565076
>Shiva
>recommending the kraut server
>>
File: 1462549760878.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462549760878.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Who nin here
>>
How is Tera? I'm looking for an mmo to sink some hours into until my next paycheck when i can afford bdo or some other mmo.

tera looks alright, and the loli shit doesn't bother me. is there anythinwrong with it? it seems to review well
>>
File: uh.png (94 KB, 583x423) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
94 KB, 583x423
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>344564559
If you're a healer or tank, spam the highest dungeon you can play. If you're a dps, queue for dungeons and grind fates.
Additionally, go to the marketboard, search under the 'meals' tab, and buy a large quantity of whatever the cheapest food is. It'll give you a +3% exp boost for 30 minutes, which adds up if you remember to keep it up,
>>
>>344565389
I'd join it.
>>
>>344565076
wow there must be 60 people in that webm

in a type of game that requires thousands of people for servers to function

and im sure your webm is the most busy trade zone in the game or something
>>
>>344565389
It means that it is filled with homos and/or trannies.
>>
File: 34573456.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
34573456.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
>>344565268
>tfw enemy turns just as you use trick attack
>>
>>344565464
'course you would you jive ass motherfucker
>>
>>344564713
I've been playing since launch all my jobs are 50+ I've farmed birds and ponies and done all the moogle quests as well as every fight up to a8s.

I'm just done with having to actively search for new shit to do. Like the only distraction I've had this patch has been maps and the new beast tribe.
>>
>>344565474
>limsa
>busiest zone
>>
>>344564123
I'm not being snide when I say this, but it is a good game for casual players. There's a lot to do that doesn't require being in an organized static or anything. Probably 98% of it.
>>
>>344565076
>Using the main game hub to show off how 'alive' a game is.

I could go on WOW and go onto a low pop server and find just as many people sitting in stormwind or org, even with garrison shit phasing people away from the open world.

Reason why MMOs suck now is because no one is actually out in the open world doing anything anymore.
>>
>>344565474
Anon that's just a tiny area of one of the cities. Some servers are filled with people to the point where you cant see some npcs.
>>
>>344565581
Play something else. Games aren't meant to last forever you know.

>Guys I've played this game 3000 hours and I already ran out of stuff to do. Why doesn't this game have any content?
>>
I don't even care about the cooldowns in 14. But the game is just fucking trash. My God I've literally never played a more mediocre and boring MMO in my entire life. Not only was the PvP trash and dead but the raids were full of mediocrity. The whole game was an unpleasant boring experience.
>>
>>344565305
BDO is fucking terrible. Save your money. Unless you really want single player grindfest MMO with cash shop costumes that cost 25€ while most of your progress consists of getting fucked in the ass by RNG until you quit.

Don't have anything on Tera.
>>
File: 1466112552516.jpg (415 KB, 998x1379) Image search: [Google]
1466112552516.jpg
415 KB, 998x1379
What ever happened to Black Desert?
>>
>>344566152
all the shills played it and got over it because it has no end game at all
>>
>>344565949
That's the thing I basically only do the tiny amount of new patch shit and ignore the game now.

Heavensward is ass though patch cycles have been way to long on top of being just bad or way to small. Plus the majority of shit is just more of the same.
>>
>>344566152
Black Desert is client-side so hacking is super fucking easy. Rest you can figure out.
>>
>>344565812
Its not the main hub. And there are a lot of people in the fields. There is always people griding FATEs everywhere. The only places that can be dead are the starting areas.
>>
>>344566152
It didn't take long for people to realize that outside of the character creator the game is empty and soulless.
>>
Why is there no Harvest Moon-like MMO.
>>
File: wdawdawdaw.jpg (57 KB, 400x734) Image search: [Google]
wdawdawdaw.jpg
57 KB, 400x734
What's the best EU server or are they all dead?
>>
>>344560268
besides what people before me said to you (and being wrong about wow macros)
macros cant put u into the correct positional, and would actually be almost harder if you could macro all your abilities, as you'd probably mess up the timing of when to be in what position.
>>
>>344555397
It's the MMO genre that's the problem. The game MUST appeal to as many players as possible, or it will fail.
The MMO genre is formulaic, there have been no major gameplay innovations in the past 10 years, only casualization; making tedious features easier.

If you want a fun game, pick another genre. I'd suggest revisiting the genre for WoW2 or whatever the first VR MMORPGs are.
>>
What game will allow me to play as a devout, righteous man of God?
>>
>>344566736
>The MMO genre is formulaic, there have been no major gameplay innovations in the past 10 years, only casualization; making tedious features easier.

Action gameplay (TERA, Blade and Soul, Vindictus, every new Korean/Chinese MMORPG on the market etc.) is a pretty big innovation.
>>
>>344566925

As much as people have a hard on for it, it really doesn't add a whole fuck of a lot to the experience.
>>
>2.5s GCD

Honestly, I love the combat system, but most of my friends play casters, and they end up playing classes like BLM, where you don't really use too many oGCDs often enough to feel any faster than 2.5s

So they always end up bored, and then quit.
(They do well in WoW PvE/PvP, where I do ok/bad, but in FFXIV they do terrible at both, where I do good/mediocre. Sometimes people are just better/worse at different types of play styles.)
>>
I'm still salty they fucked up gw2 so bad
I loved the first guild wars
>>
>>344566925
It really isn't a big one; you gain a little more movement/freedom in combat, but you're still locked behind cooldowns instead of player skill.

It's simply borrowed from another genre, not really an innovation that's designed for or works well with MMOs.

I think tab targeting is much easier and intuitive for the genre - esp. when you end up having a LOT of targets at a given time, as an MMO should.

It really doesn't add much to the gameplay; which is what's so lacking in all MMOs compared to genres that are designed around a highly interactive player experience.
>>
>Chocobo Racing for 1mil MGP
This fucking sucks. How bad did it used to be?
>>
>>344560605
PvE MMOs are not the place for that sort of thing.
PvP focused sandbox MMOs, where most of the game is controled by the players, is the only way to do that.

On a side note, if a racing game doesnt have puzzles, that doesnt make it a bad racing game.

YOU are the one who likes the customization, and OTHER people might not like that. (I actually like both, so I know where you, and others, are coming from._
>>
what's the best mmo to get into right now? pref with viable crafting / auction house. (aka no GW2)
>>
>>344567646
FFXIV or WoW.
>>
File: 1468083871746.png (857 KB, 777x899) Image search: [Google]
1468083871746.png
857 KB, 777x899
Which XIV period was the best?

1.0, 2.0, or 3.0?
>>
>>344567646
Eve
>>
>>344567420
You used to gain about 200xp per race instead of 2000, the NPC's were harder, feed, abilities and covering permits cost 10x more MGP, and covering took 6 hours instead of 30 minutes.
>>
File: 1451214043654.gif (932 KB, 350x291) Image search: [Google]
1451214043654.gif
932 KB, 350x291
>>344555397
Is there even a good MMO in preparation to shill since the disappointments that were ToS and black desert?
>>
>>344567257
Your friends are retarded. In a game where you can play as all the classes using only 1 character why wouldnt they try to play anything but caster?
>>
>>344567646
ffxiv has a huge crafting metagame
>>
>>344567725
pre arr; you fucks shitposted about this wow clone less back then
>>
File: 1435627791279.jpg (59 KB, 224x331) Image search: [Google]
1435627791279.jpg
59 KB, 224x331
>>344562034
>first dungeon is a literal rape cave
>>
>>344567725
Ruby a shit, Yohane a best.
>>
File: lies.png (349 KB, 599x351) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
349 KB, 599x351
>>344555397
WoW was so successful that almost every developer looks at WoW as a template.

On the rare occasion they DON'T, the higher ups panic at the last second, dumb everything down, and you get
>All of them are F2P P2W trash or dead as fuck ghost towns that get updated once a year
>>
File: FFXIV Ninja 3.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV Ninja 3.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>344555397
> 2.5s GCD WoW clone

Yeah...no.
>>
>>344567827
I tend to only play melee tanks, then I look for melee/instant cast healers (almost never exists for obvious reasons) and then melee DPS, rarely do i play ranged classes myself.
So I can get why they dislike something, though I also agree, that I like to try new things out of boredom (Which is why I leveled up BLM)
>>
>>344568084
>People told me to roll on Balmung (I'm from EU)
>I can't play Ninja now because of the latency
>>
>>344567805
Jesus Christ. I feel sorry for anyone who got Fenrir through that shit.
>2000 per race
At what Rating?
>>
>>344564275
quit being such a fag. all you do is appeal to authority.
>b-b-b-but its HAAAARD 2 make a game so its immune to criticism!!! l-l-lets see you do better!!!

forgot i had to be a 5 star chef trained in classical french cuisine to know that shit tastes like shit
>>
File: WoW vs FFXIV.jpg (96 KB, 994x240) Image search: [Google]
WoW vs FFXIV.jpg
96 KB, 994x240
>>344555397

>WoW clone

If only it was mate.
>>
File: 1465276050350.jpg (100 KB, 756x772) Image search: [Google]
1465276050350.jpg
100 KB, 756x772
>>344555397
why the fuck are frontlines ques so long

why the fuck can't I just quickly get in and get out

why the fuck are the gears attributed to rank

why the fuck do I need 700 frontlines games before I can wear my lionsmane armor

WHY IS THIS GOD DAMN GAME SO FUCKING FUN
>>
>>344566659
Balmung. :)
>>
What's a fun crafting profession?
>>
>>344566659

Ragnarok. Don't be fooled by any other server. The server even has 20-30 ppl queues when you login.
>>
>>344567954
>bring it up while running it
>"what? Uhhh, I don't read the story..."
>>
Is FFXIV worth it on PS4?
>>
>>344561534
Honestly a pretty decent way to look at it, as I've started to look at MMOs in the same way.

Tried GLA in 1.0, hated it, tried LNC tanking, and loved it.
Then a few updates later, tried MRD tanking, and loved it about the same.
Then 2.0 came up, and I liked PLD more, for having 2 offGCD attacks.
Then DRK came out, and picked it, for its oGCDs, and unleash.

Seems fun having all the tanks, and trying out their unique features (even do ACN/SMN tanking)

Though I would like to pick some stuff, like what weapon I get to use, with the play style of my choice. (In this case, I like DRK playstyle, and 2h sword, which happens to be perfect, but in other MMOs, im never that lucky)
>>
>>344568469
no console players are at a disadvantage when playing with pc players. as a console player you'll be forced to use macros which are slow as shit
>>
XIV is the best MMO on the market. It's not a WoW clone, it's a superior product to WoW.
>>
File: 1467906253969.png (53 KB, 366x263) Image search: [Google]
1467906253969.png
53 KB, 366x263
>no MMOs to waste my time with

I'm quite picky anyway, most MMOs have at least 1 thing they're not very good at and it ruins all the good aspects for me, it's either

>shit combat
>bad market or trading system
>empty world
>shit art direction
>cookie cutter version of another popular mmo
>the UI is insanely ugly or overcrowded

Can't win
>>
File: ffxiv_16042016_192227.png (140 KB, 565x539) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_16042016_192227.png
140 KB, 565x539
>>344568187
Any rating? As far as I remember xp gain is fairly consistent. I always used Dressage 3 for the +30% xp so maybe I'm not sure.
For MGP, the highest bracket gives you 1000-1100 for a win.

In any case chocobo racing is actually pretty decent now if a bit fucky with lag.
>>
File: FFXIV PS4 controls.png (636 KB, 780x496) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV PS4 controls.png
636 KB, 780x496
>>344568469

Yes. It shares servers with PS3 and PC and you can even add a KeyBoard+mouse but don't worry, the game was build around using the DS4 and it's VERY confy. I play in PC using DS4 and can't go back to KB+M.
>>
I used to love MMOs but now whenever I play one I realise it's a massive treadmill with no closure.

I really missed out not being able to play SMT: IMAGINE though. Looks fucking great, shame I got into the series far too late.
>>
>>344568469
>console player joins your dungeon party
>have to wait five minutes after every cutscene or area transition for him to load in
I hope they just fucking drop console support for XIV.
It's gotten so bad that literally every time players ask Yoshi why a certain thing can't be implemented, the answer is "console limitations."
>>
File: 1465210434049.png (218 KB, 367x475) Image search: [Google]
1465210434049.png
218 KB, 367x475
>>344567954
>not a single doujin about it
>>
>>344568469
As far as I know it runs well at 60fps with frame drops in populated areas of course. You can play with a controller totally fine even do raid content using one. So yeah the PS4 version is totally viable. Also you can just plug in a keyboard and a mouse if you want.
>>
A game having a lot of players doesnt make it social. A game is social when it encourages, promotes, or forces interaction through systems or by making content difficult enough to require strategy being formed in groups. XIV doesnt have this outside of savage raiding. Being put into a roulette with 3 strangers to do content so easy that you dont care what the others are doing short of 'their role' is not social.
>>
>>344568718
PS4 load times are fine. PS3 load times on the other hand...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.