[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRACKMANIA FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12
File: cunningstunts.jpg (1 MB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
cunningstunts.jpg
1 MB, 1400x788
>New GTA V stunt racing dlc
>2 days
>>
>>344554460
That looks like shit
I'll stick to my Trackmania games
>>
>>344554460
What happen to GTA being about committing crimes and shit?
>>
so what about all that chiliad stuff
>>
Is trackmania turbo good?
>>
>gto
yeah its shit
>>
looks fun
>>
Trackmania Nations Forever. Pun intended.
>>
>>344555792
Trackmania turbo is the last good arcade racing game we have
>>
>>344554460
>hey look at all those cancerous youtubers modding sky ramps into GTAV
>yeah, the kids are eating it up!
>let's make it into a DLC!
>>
>GTA 5 cars
>Good handling
lol
>>
File: 1432259832483.png (173 KB, 822x613) Image search: [Google]
1432259832483.png
173 KB, 822x613
I unironically think GTO is the most fun racing game on PC. Which is a darn shame in its own right.
>>
>>344556085
you realize its free right
>>
>>344554765
kids got tired of being killed in a GTA game
So if you kill other players you get punished.
>>
>>344556314
t. guy who doesn't play racing games and plays keyboard only
>>
>>344555792
>>344556031

It's fucking awful. They removed 90% of the customization because it's a console port. You also cannot save local copies of player made maps, not even your own. You also cannot name them, they just get loaded to Ubisoft's servers with a number and a automated screenshot. Canyon is also the only map type that isn't total shit to drive on and that itself is just a casualized version of island.
>>
>coast is never coming back
it was the comfiest and for some reason I was really good at it
>>
>>344556339
Weird, still says it's 59.99€ for me.
>>
File: 1463183213200.gif (3 MB, 307x173) Image search: [Google]
1463183213200.gif
3 MB, 307x173
>>344556360
This fucking generation
>>
>>344556690
Mah nigga. Coast, Bay and Snow were the best.
>>
>>344554765
If you could just steal the cars then you wouldn't need to buy them with sharkcards.
GTA online is about following rules and doing as you are told for minimumwage.

GTA : the game where you are not allowed to commit grand theft auto.
>>
>>344556434
Nice assumptions but no, I use a DualShock and all other racers on PC are boring simulators. MotorStorm is the only truly fun online racing game I've ever played and now that it's officially dead GTA Online is the only thing that somewhat manages to capture what MS did right.
>>
>>344555792
Imagine Trackmania 2 with zero customization and low potential for user-made content.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP8nRJF0ojI
>>
>>344556773
He was shitting you.
If you kill alot of players you get a bounty on your head. So it gives the good player more targets and the bad players something to work towards.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>344556690
Côte d'Azur is a great looking place.
>>
File: 1427073222773.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1427073222773.gif
828 KB, 200x189
>GTA IS MEANT ONLY FOR KILLING PEOPLE
>THE FUCK IS THIS RACING BULLSHIT
meanwhile
>GOD DAMN I HATE LOBBIES BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP KILLING ME, WHY CAN'T I HAVE FUN
>FUCK GTA
then jewstar tries to add things to make it fun but
>NAH FUCK THAT, THIS ISN'T GTA

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS YA BUNCH OF AUTISTS
>>
>>344556360
>Hackers everywhere
>Everyone and their mother driving armored kurumas
Playing gto for world pvp is retarded
>>
>>344557175
have you ever played the fucking game? bounties are meaningless.
>>
>>344557463
I wish they'd bite the bullet and put a PvE Freeplay option into the game. I wanna do co-op stuff, not just kill people.
>>
>>344557106
>Zero customization
>There is literally a garage and a track editor
>All of the car customization is cosmetic anyway
>>
>>344557537
And bounties are all you are getting "punished" with so >>344556360 was being a faggot.
>>
the racing thing is kinda neat, at least people can't just use the kuruma as a crutch then.
>>
Why people would want racing with GTA V's physics is beyond me
seriously they neutered it
>>
>>344554460
>Implying GTAV driving is good or fun
>>
File: 1325612054024.png (20 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1325612054024.png
20 KB, 512x512
>>344554460
I always see on play station there's races similar to track mania but on PC I haven't found any races like in online what even is that and how do I start it?
>>
>>344554460
>implying anyone cares about gay trash autism virginity

lol
>>
>start any GTAO mission
>shitters all pile into their underglow Kurumas
>they criticise me for using my sweet-ass Phoenix
>they still fail the mission somehow because they're retards and destroyed the objective or something
GTAO is only fun with friends. Randoms are absolute cancer.
>>
File: 1460970940522.gif (2 MB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
1460970940522.gif
2 MB, 300x229
>mfw it looks really fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A_35Z4eQfg
>>
>>344558395
Pretty much, armored vehicles trivialize every mission. It's more of a chore doing missions with 40 drive bys instead of actually playing it.
>>
>>344558395
>join random mission
>chrome Adders and Zentornos out the ass
>they all crash into every fucking thing along the way
>I roll up just behind them in my pristine Tornado
Does your Phoenix have the Superbird wing too?
>>
Too bad the racing in GTA V is absolute garbage.

Actual content when?
>>
>>344559134
No, when did they add that?
I just tried to make it look like an '81 Trans Am because I actually own one
>>
>>344558395
I only find it fun with randoms who use unique vehicles and approaches, with friends it just becomes too easy and predictable and you usually have one guy who still wants to be a kurumashitter.
>>
File: SiyTjji.jpg (80 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SiyTjji.jpg
80 KB, 640x360
>>344559495
Not mine but I have it in a similar colour scheme.
It's been in since day one across all platforms.
I tried painting it light blue to match Richard Petty's Plymouth Superbird but I couldn't get it to look right.
I've set up my Imponte Ruiner to look like a Trans-Am in the old blue/yellow Renault F1 colours.
>>
which trackmania is the best?
They look interesting but I don't know much about them. Just want to drive around cool stunt maps
>>
>>344559710
It's easy to pick up fun randoms, they usually request to join your crew after playing a few missions. Online seems pretty dead now though, almost nobody does races or missions and only does heists or VIP/CEO work.

>>344560297
Nations is still going strong and is free, and I've only ever paid for Canyons.
I'd say go for Nations if you want sheer numbers of cool stunt maps and to try it out
>>
>>344557885
Old trackmania:
Can paint your car any colour and then freely apply decals anywhere to it ingame. Alternately you could make your own skins and models out of game and have them show up for other people online.

Track editor allows use of custom media including images for billboards, custom music and even full re-texturing of ingame assets if other people have the textures downloaded. This is automated when online if proper out of game hosting of assets is provided.

You can also save a local copy of maps you made or any map that you have played on, and edit them if the creator did not set them to read only mode. This is supported with fanmade sites like TMX.

Turbo:
You can pick from a small selection of premade paintjobs and this is shared across all cars, individual picks are not possible. You may also pick a single premade decal that will be placed automatically on the car with no input on it's position. Custom skins and models are unsupported.

Track editor supports no external media at all, and you cannot save local copies of tracks, not even ones you yourself have made, they are all instead automatically uploaded to Ubisoft. You cannot name tracks you made either making navigating to the one you want an absolute pain in the ass. TMX likes to pretend Turbo doesn't exist.

For a game series that has always been about player made content beyond just track building Turbo is complete garbage
>>
>>344555980
Trackmania United Forever. The other environments are pretty creative and varied
>>
>>344554460
I am pretty sure Trackmania fags have been on suicide watch for a very long time already. It is amazing how poorly you can handle an IP.
>>
>>344556690
Coast requires a sense of smoothness for the tracks. Stadium is more about precision speed.
How is Valley compared to Coast? Looked pretty close at a glance.
>>
>>344558889
Almost tempted to reinstall it. But I will probably just fuck around for a couple hours and never touch it again.
>>
>>344560448
>want to do heists because I only got as far as the Merryweather one before friends quit playing
>everyone just cheeses in their armoured Kurums
>no one sticks by each other, they just dart out on their own
It's no fucking fun. I never did any of the VIP/CEO stuff cos I never saved up the cash and hate going in public lobbies.
>>
>>344560297
Nations if you want free. United if you can't get enough of Nations, Canyon Valley if you prefer new shit and fragmentation. Turbo only if you play it on a DS
>>
>>344560786
Vally is closer to TM1's Snow/Rally than coast by a mile. Cars are grippy as fuck with super twitchy handling but will slide if you use the breaks at all.
>>
>>344561241
that's a shame, thanks for the warning. Valley was indeed the only TM2 I was interested in, because of its visual similarity to Coast. Gonna stick to United, I suppose.
>>
>>344560448
>>344560987
thnks fellas
>>
>>344561370
Be warned that United is pretty much on life support nowadays, there are still an alright number of servers but they are usually empty and don't update their track selection.
>>
single player DLC when
>>
File: trackmaniaturbo02.jpg (79 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
trackmaniaturbo02.jpg
79 KB, 256x192
>>344560987
>Turbo only if you play it on a DS
In case anyone missed it. Many years ago, Trackmania has been ported to the DS. Shit's fun as fuck, resembles United, and looks pretty. It's named Turbo, but otherwise unrelated to the trash nowadays on consoles
>>
>>344561484
United is fully compatible to Nations, offers more environments and cars. Dedicated server is available, or you can host your own from within the client. So that's quite a misleading warning
>>
>>344561808
Trackmania Turbo DS is fucking garbage. The framerate is awful.

TrackMania DS is much better.
>>
>>344562196
fair enough. I never understood the difference anyway. I just think TM on the DS looks mighty cool, and seems like a good portable gameplay mechanic. It's obviously not comparable to the desktop TM, but it's not an insult like Turbo either
>>
>>344556314
I thought I was alone
>>
>>344554460
>stunt racing dlc
>with that horrible GTA driving model
no thank you
>>
>>344562956
Yeah it'd work so much better with 4's slow as fuck cars that handle like greased pigs on an ice flat, right my fellow pro gamer?
>>
>>344563385
>greased pigs on an ice flat
does grease reduce friction on ice in any meaningful way?
>>
>>344562765
>I never understood the difference anyway.
You'd have to be blind to not notice the difference, because the difference between TrackMania Turbo DS and TrackMania DS is staggering. The framerate is especially bad on the Coast levels for Turbo DS.
>>
>>344556360
You only get punished for blowing up cars constantly. I don't really understand how people find it so fun to shoot you with autoaim. Like you see anyone and they just open fire
>>
>>344560512
psst, what if i told you that Turbo is just a ploy to get console players to play United and Trackmania 2 instead?
>>
>>344563712
>You'd have to be blind to not notice the difference
Or you may not have played them beyond one ROM, because you couldn't decide which one to actually get
>>
>>344563778
>I don't really understand how people find it so fun to shoot you with autoaim.
Then change your aim type, shitter, it only puts you in lobbies with people who use the same aim type.
>>
>>344563814
Nadeo has a strong interest to get rid of United, in favor of TM2. The latter is heavily fragmented though, so it's not catching on. Turbo is Ubi's way of dealing with the issue they have with United, that people would be reluctant to switch versions. Turbo is designed around publisher control and lock-in, so Ubi can decide when and how to transition to the next version
>>
>>344563946
There's just so few people playing it with free aim which is kinda bad if you want to play jobs
>>
The Trackmania to play is Stadium, right?
>>
>>344564385
Stadium is the free version so yes
>>
>>344564020
Yeah, i think they could have handled the multiple Trackmania 2 games thing a lot better. Switching entire games just to play a different enroviment sucks.
>>
>>344564385
Trackmania Nations Forever is free and only has the Stadium environment. Trackmania United Forever contains stadium and a handful other environments. Because of Nations being free, virtually everyone is playing Nations, and hence Stadium. It's not necessarily the most interesting environment though.
>>
>>344564643
It's ridiculous. If you do a game like that the absolutely first thing you do is turn each version into generic client + environment pack. Installing any version should just install the client if necessary and add the environment pack. That is, like, modular gaming 101. They had it already, in form of United. It had each environment like a module. Why they didn't replicate that concept completely baffles me.
>>
>>344564894
Because Ubisoft are publishing it. When has Ubisoft ever not fucked something up? Latest TM also requires Uplay as well.
>>
>>344564628
>>344564724
I'm confused.

Trackmania Nations Forever and Trackmania Stadium are the same game?

I thought Nations Forever was Trackmania 1 and if I buy Stadium for 9.99 that Trackmania 2?

Or are we talking about the free demo for Trackmania Stadium?
>>
>>344565059
>When has Ubisoft ever not fucked something up?
many years ago, when they tried to be a good publisher, not the next EA.

Sad but true though, modern Ubi is just 100% concentrated bullshit. Oh well, got my copy of United and couldn't be happier. Game looks gorgeous, it's fun as fuck
>>
>>344556360
No you fucking don't, and if anything that's what sucks about GTAO, no one does interesting or fun shit, they just shoot each other in free roam; it's one giant, never-ending death match
>>
>>344565189
It is a shame since the TM2 engine is a very noticeable improvement in visuals too, I can only imagine how good coast and Island would look in it.
>>
>>344565090
Trackmania 1 and Sunrise are older versions of Trackmania.
Trackmania Nations Forever and Trackmania United Forever are effectively the most recent versions of Trackmania 1.x, if you will, the game before Trackmania 2. Trackmania Nations and United use the identical engine, interface, etc. Nations just happens to be free and only contains the Stadium environment. This is not the demo of Trackmania Stadium.

Trackmania 2 - Stadium was the first environment available for Trackmania 2. It's not much different from Nations or United's Stadium, but it's incompatible to them.
>>
>>344554460
How do you do ANY of this shit in the game?
>>
>>344565401
TM2 is pretty, but TMNF/UF is nothing to sneeze at. The game's almost legendary for its exceptionally wide range of hardware support. That thing runs playable well on underclocked toasters, and still looks quite pretty with effects maxed. Of course TM2 is a whole different league, but the incompatibility makes it almost useless.
>>
File: 1385738503783.png (114 KB, 427x348) Image search: [Google]
1385738503783.png
114 KB, 427x348
>>344565534
So should I play Trackmania Nations Forever or Trackmania 2: Stadium?
>>
>>344565969
Do you want to play for free or pay for slightly better visuals?
>>
>>344565969
Trackmania Nations Forever, definitely. Free, active community, cool tracks.
>>
>>344554460
It seems more like they played SA multiplayer mods and just copy from there.
>>
There's so many trackmania games
I have united forever, is this the same as nations forever?
there's barely anyone on united it feels like
>>
>>344560001
tfw almost quads...
>>
>>344555792
The game itself is decent. If you are playing on console you probably wont find a better arcade racer. However, the problems mentioned by others prevent it from being quite as good as stadium and nations forever. Also the $40 price tag is a bit much honestly.
>>
>>344554460
I remember back in the day on GTA IV servers when sky ramps and shit like that were rare as hell and you could only get them through modding. Always made everybody on the serer shit bricks.
>>
>>344566687
Nations Forever is kind of the "demo" versions of United Forever. United contains all the tracks and features of Nations and a lot more.
United-specific servers are kind of empty, the vast majority is on Nations servers, effectively Stadium environment. There's little that can be done about it. You can create new tracks, host servers, run a dedicated server, etc. That's how all the other servers work. Nadeo is not actively maintaining United any longer. TM2 is probably following soon.
>>
Those wallride races are pretty creative
>>
>>344563385
4's driving mechanics were the best in the series. You're just a shitty driver m8
>>
File: 1388072944045.png (192 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1388072944045.png
192 KB, 500x375
Would it be retarded to buy Trackmania 2 Stadium instead of playing the free Trackmania for poor people?
>>
>>344554460
>GTA V Driving mechanics
jesus christ get it away from me.
>>
Comparing a 3rd person multiplayer shooter with a racing DLC to a pure arcade racing game. Trackmania is in no danger from any game in the near future, it is essentially the only game of its kind currently, as the racing game genre has mostly gone in another direction entirely.
>>
>>344567993
kind of. Well, you could still buy TM2 Stadium if the free version doesn't do it for you. The visual differences on the stadium environment are minimal. The track editor is better, but if you're not into editing, you won't notice. The communities aren't that different. The case for TM2 is in the other environments, Valley and Canyon, as they bring something that United or Nations can't do
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.