[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i stop being toxic in online games? how can i go back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1466722632615.png (147 KB, 422x403) Image search: [Google]
1466722632615.png
147 KB, 422x403
how do i stop being toxic in online games?
how can i go back to just enjoying myself?
>>
>>344554173
Play more than 1 type of game
>>
>>344554173
Single player console games.
>>
>>344554173
Stop using the word toxic in any context outside of Pokémon
>>
>>344554173
Stop playing League because you're uniorincally using the word toxic.
>>
>>344554173
First. Gain the mindset of "It doesn't. None of this matters." then proceed to give 0 fucks about what anyone else is doing in the game you are playing.
>>
>>344554173
Git gud
>>
>>344554173
enjoy being toxic
>>
>>344475292
Try to be friendly no matter how much it hurts
>>
Just gotta learn to let go bro
>>
Go outside, take a deep breath, do something else.

quit gettin' mad at video games

alternatively, attempt to address the real cause of the underlying anger that you're trying to take out on other people through video games
>>
>>344554173
Stop playing league of legends.
Realize winning doesn't mean anything but a mark on your profile.
Stop yourself if you are tempted to type or voice to teammates to talk shit
Enjoy the game for the gameplay, characters, art, etc.
And above all: ITS JUST A VIDEO GAME
>>
File: none of this matters.jpg (29 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
none of this matters.jpg
29 KB, 500x252
>>
>>344554173
I honestly just yell with my mic off. Get it out of your system before it really pisses you off.
>>
Don't play anything which actively punishes you for leaving mid-game.

That way whenever you get mad you can just alt tab and find something different instead of being forced to play through something that stopped being enjoyable 4 deaths ago.
>>
stop fucking using the word toxic to describe people or behaviors you stupid cunt
britney spears did it and look at her
>>
>>344554173
Chill out and remember it's just a game. KD is worthless, normal people don't give a shit about what you do and take a break if you know you're mad.
If the community is shit then just don't play or mute everyone but your friends. Don't be ashamed of doing dumb shit just for fun. Don't ragequit, it's a shitty habit.
>>
>>344556958
>and look at her
sometimes, I still do
>>
File: reddit.webm (880 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
reddit.webm
880 KB, 640x360
>>344554173
>toxic

You have to go back.
>>
>>344554173
Turn off chat. Disable voip. Not seing/hearing how much of a cunt everyone else is actually helps a lot.

Play more single player games.
>>
Mute everyone, listen to music, do whatever the fuck you please as long as it's not being a cunt. If they kick you it's their loss.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.