[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only reason mobile gaming is successful is because of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Little Sister and Big Daddy.png (355 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Little Sister and Big Daddy.png
355 KB, 480x360
The only reason mobile gaming is successful is because of the humongous normie market playing garbage like candy crush or flappy bird. Why can't there be more full games for mobile? Games that can make handheld consoles truly obsolete? The only games i can think of that show how capable smartphones can be as a legit gaming platform are bioshock and gta. There are smartphones that have the same horsepower as the ps3 and 360 but have nothing to show for it.
>>
>>344543761
who the hell even plays games on handheld/phone. Shitty games and small screen, why?
>>
>>344544292
Convenience
>>
>>344544292
OP is underage and want's to play big AAA games on the school bus.
>>
>>344544646
how is mobile gaming convenient?

>>344544860
this
>>
>>344544292
I like handhelds, but I've never been able to get into phone games. I'd rather just browse 4chan while I wait for things.
>>
>>344543761
There is no feasible way to make a touchscreem as accurate as pad or keyboard, or as versalite. There's no keys to bind. Ironically,an old-style phone with buttons would be better suited for it.
>>
>>344544292
I love handhelds
Fuck mobile though
>>
>>344544292
Because you can't take your ps4 everywhere you go
>>
>>344543761
Firstly it's not going to work because you need a controller
Secondly phones running games with good graphics burn through their batteries in about an hour so you need to plug them in
Thirdly the chips which can actually handle better graphics are slightly larger so you will need anything up to a 7 inch or larger device to support them

NVIDIA has been leading the way with its Tegra processors on these kinds of devices. I think the Google Pixel C tablet is probably the most powerful of these
>>
>>344543761
Who would buy a 40 bucks mobile game? Or in the case of Japan, 60 bucks mobile games.
>>
>>344543761
Controls.
Touchscreen controls are shit, also most people who actually play video games don't leave their houses that much or don't use smartphones.
>>
>>344543761
Why do people even want to play these crappy games when they're out and about or on the move? I much prefer to look around and take in the world, no matter how mundane and boring it is. I really hate this trend of people staring at their phones 24/7, and we shouldn't be creating more things which encourage this.
>>
>>344544959
There are gamepads with you can put ur phone on. Some make your phones look like regular handhelds like a psp or gba while others are full fledged controllers with a phone holder
>>
File: the fuck.png (640 KB, 785x684) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.png
640 KB, 785x684
>>344545489
>also most people who actually play video games don't leave their houses that much or don't use smartphones.
>>
File: Vjsn5QuX_400x400.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Vjsn5QuX_400x400.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
I regret making this thread
>>
>>344545495
Well too bad, Pokemon GO is now a thing
>>
>>344544292
Because I'm not a fucking manchild and I can't be seen with a game boy like a 12 year old?

>>344543761
There are a lot of good RPGs, a lot of ports but a few unique ones for mobile like "Doom and Destiny", and SNES emulates perfectly.
You'll find some PSX and PSP ports like FFT:shitty translation edition and low requirement PC games , Bastion, out there too.

Wanting a shooter or RTS on mobile is retarded, controls would be shit.
>>
>>344545727
Flavour of the week. It drains your battery too fast and it isn't interesting enough to keep people playing uness you're a hardcore Pokemon autist.
>>
>>344543761
Why the fuck you want handhelds to die?
>>
>>344545648
Nigger do you think actual nerds have a reason to own a phancy phone or go outside that much? Most of them either work freelance and have a handheld to play in bed or have a very simple phone that they haven't upgraded in a decade and still have a handheld to play in bed.
>>
>>344543761
I've heard that Hitman and Tomb Raider Go is supposed to be alright.
Really though when I'm in a situation where I can only have that big of a screen I'd rather listen to a podcast/audiobook or look at youtube videos....
>>
>>344543761
I tried playing stranger's wrath and KOTR on my phone.
I could literally see my battery getting sucked dry and my phone started to burn my hands.
Also can't see shit because have to have fingers on the screen at all times.
Phone games should be simple, trying to put "real" games on them is missing the point.
>>
>>344546052
Okay your projection is noted
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
Jesus what a shitstorm I created
>>
>>344546486
jesus how new are you that this thread qualifies as a "shitstorm"
>>
>>344546486
>shit opinions and bad sources on OP
no wonder its a horrible thread, newfriend
>>
>>344546486
>we did it, leddit!

You trolled hard!
>>
The market is a complete crapshoot, million dollar aps bomb spectacularly and shit like Flappy Bird takes the world by storm.

It's unpredictable as fuck.
>>
>>344544292
The small screen is handleable, the worst thing are the controls, why would you play anything but casualshit on it if you dont have fucking buttons. Add to that your fingers covering half of the screen.
>>
File: 1390421140306.jpg (24 KB, 317x330) Image search: [Google]
1390421140306.jpg
24 KB, 317x330
>>344546486
You sure showed em OP
>>
There's no point in putting forth effort and making real games when garbage sales instead.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.