[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you guys up for some Minecraft, like in the good old days?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: 2016-07-10_17.13.32.png (3 MB, 1920x1017) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-10_17.13.32.png
3 MB, 1920x1017
Any of you guys up for some Minecraft, like in the good old days? I miss the times where it wasn't a cesspool for 12 year olds to play PVP... 167.114.110.58:25565
>>
File: 4441043875_e31676bb0b_o.jpg (28 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
4441043875_e31676bb0b_o.jpg
28 KB, 600x544
awe heck ya
>>
>>344540712
comfy looking building there, is that spawn?
>>
Will 4craft ever make a comeback?
>>
>>344540951
That's the kind of server I was looking to remake, yeah.
>>
>>344541054
Im down dude, I want comfy
could start a steam group or something
>>
if it's pirate friendly
maybe
>>
>>344541338
arrr
>>
>>344541338
It isn't right now, but I can make it pirate friendly if you wish. It'll take a few minutes though
>>
pirate friendly??
>>
>>344541513
Soon. Let me get on it
>>
>>344540712
I would, but I can only play and get enjoyment out of huge modpacks that let me do stupid shit, like go to space. Base minecraft is boring as hell.

Ill join and build a couple swastikas off in the middle of no where.
>>
>>344541686
please no memes
>>
>>344541635

thanks.

honestly i just can't be fucked to pay 30 burgercoupons for minecraft.

also what version
>>
>connection lost end of stream
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>344541747
>>
>>344541747
Latest, 1.10.2

>>344541830
Our host is located in Canada, so the connection times are a little fucky. Should be fine once you join though, one of our european players still gets 5 bars.
>>
I don't know why you're asking /v/. All you'll get is a cesspool of twelve-year-olds doing PVP.
>>
>>344541963
... That's a good point. But I don't really know where else to post it.
>>
>>344542349
Literally any board that isn't /v/, /b/ or /pol/.
>>
>>344541054
If you remake 4craft, you absolutely need to have neutral factions that can and can not be attacked.
Otherwise the thing is going down the shitter again as fast as it always did.
>>
>tfw have semi good idea for a Objective based PVP server
>no knowledge of modding tools and existing mods to make it a reality
>>
>>344542557
Well, because I decided to use GriefPrevention's claim system, I didn't really consider re-adding factions. Do you feel it would be better than a free-for-all type claim system?
>>
>>344542726
Factions are an integral part of the idea of 4craft...
>>
Would it be possible to go back to older versions and make a server in a older version? I want classic minecraft back.
>>
>>344542821
I figured, but I don't run this server alone. The other guys who do didn't agree with me, I'll try to convince them.

>>344542859
Making servers for older versions is really, really annoying with our plugin set, but I mean, if there's a high enough demand for it...
>>
>>344542721
Tell us your idea
>>
File: 1457153504165.png (7 KB, 350x304) Image search: [Google]
1457153504165.png
7 KB, 350x304
>tfw can't get into my infdev account now
Guess I'll have to pirate a game I already own
thanks Microsoft
>>
What's the best way to get minecraft for free?
I'm currently poor and really don't think notch needs any more money
>>
still can't join OP, when you going to allow cracked clients?
>>
>>344543589
If I recall there's a sponge launcher or something. Look it up, it's really neat

>>344543656
It's taking longer than expected because I have to figure out which plugins do exactly what I want without fucking up my existing settings
>>
>>344543945

just so long as it's coming, i'm not doing anything today anyway so i can wait
>>
Cracked clients can join in t-minus 30 seconds
>>
>>344543656
They are having it enabled now.
>>
>>344543063
I'll try to make it sound as non-shitty as possible

First of all: the player stuff
>players are at first prompted to choose a team/faction, once chosen it's permanent until the end of the game (ie: no switching)
>every team has it's spawn area
>every team's objective is to defeat some bosses, reach the center of the map, obtain a McGuffin there, get back to their spawn area and do some ritual something something with the McGuffin to win the game
>teams might have to cooperate or compete to perform the various tasks at hand, either to complete them faster or to stall some time to get something ready

The map:
>not really sure about the size, quite large though
>from the borders to the center it is ocean->small islands->sea->spawn islands->main continent. All somewhat concentric
>every spawn island it is assigned to one team, each island has basic (and scarce) resources that are different for each team
>players must make headway into the main continent, 'nuff said that it is not very hospitable, getting more dangerous the closer one gets to the center, however the closer to the center, the better and more plentiful the resources
>the various challenges, resources, and special places may be different for each team's "section" (the map is not neatly divided in such a way, but there are some differences between them, one might be richer in mineral but more dangerous, another has less nasty stuff spawning but is poorer and has a harsher territory, another has more Thaumcraft Aura Nodes, etc), players can choose to go straight for the center or try to invade another team's" section in order to steal resources or use the path they carved for getting closer, strictly speaking there is no reward for picking one method over the other than getting closer to the center, it's the main objective after all and the key to victory

Continued in the next post
>>
>>344544491

can confirm
>>
Remove the account bullshit, we can't even register
>>
>>344544697
hani messed up it seems for allowing cracked accounts. GG
>>
>>344544452
>>344544491
>>344544628
It's happening, but it's going to take some more time. It's fucking up other plugins right now and I still need to figure it out.

>>344544697
Case in point
>>
>please register to join
>use /register
>you don't have access to this command
>get auto kicked

Nice job faggot.
>>
Register When?
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
also please give a stack of bread or some shit to everyone, hunger is a cancer in early game
>>
Server down RIP autismblocks
>>
File: MINEYCRAFTA.jpg (55 KB, 862x892) Image search: [Google]
MINEYCRAFTA.jpg
55 KB, 862x892
I can't believe you're about to make me re-install this fucking game again.
Haven't had it on my PC in almost 3 years.
>>
REMOVE HUNGER
E
M
O
V
E

H
U
N
G
E
R
>>
>>>/r9k/29854967
come on now
>>
>>344544628

what the hell is going

got booted off now im getting a connection is refused error
>>
I personally blame that poo guy
>>
>>344540712
Yeah what a fucking cunt.
>>
>>344544771
>>344544801
>>344544878

Should be back. Cracked players aren't allowed yet, it caused a massive clusterfuck and I need to figure it out on a private local server first. Sorry about that, didn't think AuthMe and FastLogin would be so fucky.
>>
there is literally no reason to have the register feature you fucking idiots delete it
>>
>>344545095
Read entire thread. Half of the potential players don't have a paid account, and there's a way to make it work. I just fucked up by trying to implement it too fast.
>>
>>344545198
>I just fucked up by trying to implement it too fast.

slow and steady mate.

besides it's summer and the kids have nothing else to do
>>
>>344545095

players with cracked clients can log on as people with premium accounts

at least that's what i've been told, i've never cared enough to do shit like that
>>
>>344545765
Yeah, that's why it fucked up at first. I added a second layer of protection that, theoretically, forces cracked players to registers, and uses UUID's to authenticate automatically paid users. But I didn't configure it right so it sperged.
>>
File: war.jpg (195 KB, 445x654) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
195 KB, 445x654
>>344544602
>as above, the main continent is very (extremely) hostile, meaning that any installed mod must be exploited to it's fullest fighting and carving a path tooth and nail to reach the objective, expect to die more to the territory/mobs than to other players (most of the time)
>moreover there are a number of very powerful bosses, each with it's routine, since killing them is necessary to get the McGuffin it's in every team's interest that they are defeated, this means either a single team going after it (very difficult) or multiple teams cooperating (with obvious risks of backstabbing)
>the center of the map would be also place of a massive PVP fight since everyone want the McGuffin but only one team can have it, if the whole place doesn't look like a warzone where everyone is killing everyone then something has gone wrong
>the main continent has also "special areas" that are heavily scripted, serving as obstacles or as useful staging areas.
>two examples
>void rift: a fissure going straight to the void, moreover it rapidly destroys and kill anything that goes over it (ie: death-gaze fissure in the ground), serves as a obstacle
>ancient castle: everything better than iron/gold armor rapidly degrades (there is a warning message before entering the effect area), diamond tools break, energy cells or wands are discharged, pretty much what you'd expect from Hogwarts anti-tech field, only more aggressive and dead set in the middle ages, if you can clear the place it can make for a good staging area as it has a small plot of crops and stone walls, moreover it "reacts" against foreign blocks and damage (ie: a block like a energy cell will be immediately dismantled as if broken with the appropriate tool and the original castle's blocks (walls, dirt, crops but NOT a improvised wall in the hallway made after worldgen for example) will slowly repair themselves (can be sped up by placing appropriate materials, cobblestone being the worst "catalyst" for the walls/floors)
>>
>>344543028
>The other guys who do didn't agree with me
That's exactly how drama on 4craft servers starts.
>>
How the fuck is this game so unoptimized?
Set the chunk render size to the maximum 32 and I'm getting rubberbanding that should only exist on a shitty online game, not in singleplayer.
>>
>>344546210
Since OptiFine was created I feel they stopped bothering optimizing Minecraft.
>>
>>344544602
>>344546032

complicate as fuck mate, good luck retaining any players after initial interest
>>
>>344546210
>How the fuck is this game so unoptimized?
Java and notchcode.
>>
http://167.114.110.58:8123/

server dynamic map
>>
>>344546319
Yeah, that's what i feared.

The bottom line was a "get the most out of the mods" map without it being a "craft everything and most things need 8000000 dragon eggs as a crafting component" skyblock
>>
>>344540712
What version? Just current? (1.10)
>>
>>344546605
Yep!
>>
still waiting on my email from support for my old account. Am I fucked?
>>
>>344546589

i suppose it could work if features were slowly added so that playerbase doesn't feel overwhelmed.
>>
Just play minetest, it's way less bloated than minecraft.
>>
>>344546825
The idea was that the "beach" (outermost part of the continent) was tough but manageable, once you get closer to the center then it would get harder and harder hopefully making the players say "ok, this is as far as we can go without being horribly killed, let's see what this part of the continent can offer us and find a way to get stronger/let's see if we can work a deal with/steal from the other teams".
>>
so no hope for cracked clients then
>>
File: 1467827005543.png (158 KB, 417x405) Image search: [Google]
1467827005543.png
158 KB, 417x405
>Land claims and protection
The fuck are you doing man?
>>
>>344548119
I'm working on it, don't worry.
>>
>>344548307
Shit looks real fun. I almost want to buy a damn copy instead of waiting for support to get back to me. Is it so wrong to want a comfy cabin in the woods and autisticly write in books?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.