[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just beat Fire Emblem: Awakening, the first FE game i've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 545x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 545x740
Just beat Fire Emblem: Awakening, the first FE game i've played an enjoyed it quite a bit. Where do I go from here? The new Fates games? I don't have a Wii or Gamecube so I can't play any games on those.
>>
Yeah just play Fates (BR then CQ then Rev) then once you get super into the series as a whole, emulate the other games. Awakening/Fates are super similar and good for new players.
>>
Just use Dolphin.
>>
Fates is horrid, play literally any other FE
>>
>>344537885
This, even a toaster could do path of radiance
>>
>>344537953

Story is horrid, but gameplay is really nice. Attack/Defense system is much better and strategy based than the RNGfest that was Awakening's dual system.

I enjoyed clearing the maps much more in fates than in Awakening, but Robin>>>>>Corrin as a mc.
>>
>>344537885
Don't really have an actual PC at the moment due to circumstances in my life at the moment, might have to borrow my mate's Wii or something.

What are usually considered the best FE games?
>>
>>344538242
>>344537953
Is the story that bad? I mean, Awakening's wasn't exactly the best story ever. The time-travel shit makes no sense, world building is terrible and the part where they go to the other continent is pointless.

But I enjoyed the characters, gameplay and music. Wish there was more objective variety though.
>>
>>344538759
FE7 has an infamous tutorial. Basically it has a section that's intended to be an introduction to the series gameplay.

I'm not sure about FE6's status as a translation. But the game looks like a fun installation.

FE8 has some grinding levels. So you could plot through some levels if you are having trouble with them.

I haven't played the Wii and gamecube games. But the main lead, Ike, is pretty popular as a husbando. So they must be good.
>>
>>344538936

Music is better in Fates
Characters are better in Awakening
Gameplay much better in Fates
Story much better in Awakening (Consider FE:A wasn't a good story anyways)

/v/ just likes to bash it because they removed a waifu petting minigame and some dialogues weren't faithfully translated, but it's overall a solid game and I enjoyed it a lot. Elise best grill
>>
File: Lucina_Lightning_Set.png (827 KB, 899x502) Image search: [Google]
Lucina_Lightning_Set.png
827 KB, 899x502
>make female Cloud
>she's shit____
>make female Marth
>she's perfect_
>>
Replay it on harder difficulties.
>>
>>344539046
As of a couple of years ago 6, or Binding Blade, has a complete translation that is in line with the translated names from Awakening
>>
File: 1468083871746.png (857 KB, 777x899) Image search: [Google]
1468083871746.png
857 KB, 777x899
Who was Robin's Mother?
>>
File: 1457280039433.png (667 KB, 748x1284) Image search: [Google]
1457280039433.png
667 KB, 748x1284
>>344537196
>The new Fates games?

Only if you have a hacked 3ds and can download the fan translation. Otherwise, stay clear of the "official" translation. It isn't really a translation at all, it's a shitty ass rewrite.
>>
File: 1456652794846.png (3 MB, 1032x1422) Image search: [Google]
1456652794846.png
3 MB, 1032x1422
>>
>>344539046
What's your favourite FE game?
>>
The changes to the weapons in Fates are pretty crappy. Most weapons have stupid penalties that make using anything but iron and steel unappealing.
People claim that the pair up system has been improved and balanced but there is no real incentive to not pair up as the stat boost from pairing out weigh the extra attacks from standing next to each other.
The story is a piece of shit.
The only thing the three games have going for them is that Conquest has some great map design with goals that aren't just rout the enemy. But in the end 1 out of 3 games having one redeeming quality only makes Fates a huge disappointment.
>>
The GBA are pretty good, and the Gamecube and Wii games are pretty easy to emulate
>>
>>344537196
Emulate 7 and 8 if you want to try out older styled entries and Fates if you want a general improvement of Awakening at the cost of shit writing.

>>344538936
They supposedly hired some bigshot author to write the story. It ended up being that the author wrote like 500 pages of content, IS gutted the script and kept only the basic structure, and then filled the rest in with garbage they came up with. Then the localization arbitrarily changed stuff on top of that like removing a support convo and replacing it with ellipses.
>>
The best one for beginners are probably FE7 (Fire Emblem on the GBA) and FE9 (Path of Radiance on the GC).
After that,
FE7 is a prequel to FE6, which hasn't been officially translated. Get a fan translation.
FE10 on the Wii is a sequel to FE9.
FE14 is essentially three different games. Mechanically, it's the most similar to Awakening.
FE8 on the GBA is a standalone game.
FE11 and FE12 on the DS are remakes of FE1 and FE3.
FE5 is a midquel to FE4, happening around the middle half of the story of it. Get fan translations for these as they weren't officially translated.
>>
>>344538759
7 for the GBA, and Ike's games on GCN/Wii are the best.
>>
>>344537196
Go to the /vg/ general and check the pastebin, they have a download for a compilation of roms and emulators for every FE prior to Awakening. Then get the fuck out fast because /feg/ is garbage.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.