[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stealth / invisibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Do you enjoy stealth more in games where it's about line-of-sight at best etc, or where you can straight up turn invisible?
>>
Turning invisible breaks stealth games right in fucking half.
>>
>>344536275
Not if it's a total resource hog and has to be used not often and wisely.
>>
>>344536275
fpbp
>>
>>344536076
line of sight

mgsv in ghost mode with marker disabled and without any fucked up op tools is great for that.
>>
>>344536403
the only game I can think about where the invisibility is done right is tf2

Other invisibility stealth game are broken, like crysis 1.
>>
I'm gonna say line of sight is better and more fun but being completely invisible just feels so great sometimes.
>>
>>344536076
>shoot guard as stealth archer

>what was that?!

>I know you are there!

>where is he?

>huh it was probably nothing

>shoot him again
>>
>>344536076
I've started hating "Stealth Suits" when i realized that all they do is turn off the AI.
>>
>>344537456
This. Valve used invisibility perfectly. Not unfair to other players yet still fun. Spy is a worthless class though.
>>
>>344537470
>posting the worst example of game to validate your opinion

nothing was right about skyrim anyway, it's a buggy, ugly, embarrassing pile of shit from every angle.
>>
>>344537697
In Oblivion did enemies remain unaware of you if you attacked them from stealth too?
>>
File: 1468078505902.jpg (62 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
1468078505902.jpg
62 KB, 625x625
>>344537662
>Spy is a worthless class though.

I don't get this mentality, why should I care if I'm enjoying myself? I'm not gonna play soldier just to win if I have 0 fun.
It's a video game after all.

(welp I don't get the appeal of ranked in game too, I guess I'm not normal.)
>>
invisibility is stupid. even if you can only use it temporarily, you will use it at the time when guards are most likely to see you, so it still removes any sort of difficulty.
>>
>>344537894
Oh I'm not saying that spy isn't fun or that you are an asshole for playing it. I'm just saying that a competitive point of view (because of the lastest update), spy is just to easy to counter to be effective.
>>
File: 1455621926401.png (868 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455621926401.png
868 KB, 1280x720
>>344537456
>the only game I can think about where the invisibility is done right is tf2
I think DXHR also did it quite well.
You had to invest a ton of Praxis Kits to make it viable. And even then, a single energy cell would only support 7 seconds of cloak.
>>
>>344536076
Invisibility is for mage and mage hybrids, enjoy your crouching and bad legs roguefags.
>>
>>344537456
Invisible inc.
>>
>>344538506
>rechargeable invisibility
that's not doing it right. you can use one battery cell to get through an entire level if you have the patience to wait for the recharge. and you can upgrade it so it recharges in ten seconds.
>>
>>344537456
that's because tf2 is a multiplayer game. people are generally smarter than video game ais
>>
>turn invisible
>enemies can still hear you
>>
add the sc2 blur so it takes mild amounts of "skill" to counterplay it
>>
>>344536275

What is Crysis?
>>
>>344536076
single player straight-up invisibility should be short duration with a longer cooldown

multiplayer stealth classes should be 15%-30% opacity 50-75% uptime "invis" but with a chunk less hp, no footsteps and silencers
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.