[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out nerds. What is the hardest character to play in smash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Help me out nerds. What is the hardest character to play in smash 4? I'm quite confident in my video game skills since I got Challenger in the last few LoL seasons, therefor I want to skip all the easy and cheese champions. I'm a big fan of gimmicky stuff and mechanics that let me outskill my opponent like Malzahar.
>>
>>344532635
Mario
>>
Jigglypuff or Ganondorf.
>>
>>344532635
Sheik.
tons of unique character tech, low damage, extremely hard to kill with, unless you practiced very specific setups.
just warning that that LoL is pretty casual so being "good" at it isn't special
>>
This might sound crazy, but it's probably a character like Captain Falcon.

Low-tiers have worse frame data and shit, but people don't know the matchup as well, so you win by surprising them with a character they don't know (if you're really good with that character). It's not about skill as much as it is about being prepared for the matchup.

Captain Falcon is solid but not enough to win a tournament. He's in just that right spot where everyone knows how to face him.

Otherwise, if you absolutely have to be a low-tier hero, go with Jigglypuff or Duck Hunt.
>>
I would assume Rosalina, as getting good with luma can be very rewarding.
>>
>>344532635
Ryu harder inputs than most of the cast, harder combo's, crazy punishes and a shield break move. also mobas and fighting games are completely different, the skills don't really transfer too well it's going to be a while before you get good.
>>
>>344532635
There's almost no outright bad characters in this game
Smash basically boils down to "which character has the most abusable frame data on their useful attacks"
People will defend top tiers saying they're difficult to use, but really it's just about learning which of their attacks to use at what time, and not being stupid by being unsafe

Sheik and Ryu have some mildly difficult inputs for Smashbabies, but other than that no one is too hard to play
>>
>>344533249
>>344533789
These. Also ZSS is probably one of the more difficult characters to master.
>>
>>344532635
Ryu for inputs being hard (not only the basic attacks, you need to know perfect pivoting with him to really get everything out of him).
Pacman for the craziest set-ups and footstool- and item-combo's. Duck Hunt close to that in set-ups, but quite a bit less on everything else.
Donkey Kong for attention to percentages and learning exactly when cargo-upthrow to up-air works, together with some combo's that work at certain percentages but he's not that technical.
Greninja for footstool-combo's. Shit's crazy.
Rosalina simply for being a puppet-character.
And no. Jigglypuff is super easy technically speaking.
>>
>>344532635
If you're a fan of gimmicks, you're in luck since almost every character has a gimmick
Ryu has an invincible killing move
Ganondorf has a suicide killing move
Diddy Kong has banana stuff
Luigi has a RNG killing move
Donkey Kong has a flashy killing combo
Game and Watch has a RNG kill move
Little Mac is sorta invincible on all his strong moves
Robin has magic that easily combos
Duck Hunt has projectile combos
Cloud has Limit

Take your pick, literally all characters are what you described
>>
On lower levels of play he is piss easy and you can win just by spinning the C stick but on higher levels of play it literally comes down to making one mistake is his last. Little Mac struggles with characters with good aerial mobility, ones that can spam safe aerials and retreat rinse and repeat and go unpunished. Little Mac also lacks safe approach options unless you know about perfect pivoting and fox trotting. I personally think Little Mac can beat anyone if played 100% optimally.
>>
>>344534313
Jigglypuff has an extremely high skill ceiling because she can't even hit her opponents without getting hit back immediately
>>
>>344534887
Yeah, but that's because she's shittily designed. And that's a matter of spacing, I wouldn't call that technical.
It's like saying Melee Jigglypuff is tech-heavy, even though she has the least inputs out of all the top-tiers and her moveset consists of back-air and back-air.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.