[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was Firaxis thinking when they chose this art style?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: civ6.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
civ6.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
What was Firaxis thinking when they chose this art style?
>>
>our core audience doesn't give a fuck about graphics
>but sir, some dumbshits on anonymous taiwanese throat-singing board will complain
>so?
>>
I actually like the characters a lot. I think the cartoony, exaggerated approach fits the game better than the realistic ones we got from Civ V. The art style of map is butt ugly though.
>>
>>344524832
Based.
>>
>>344524736
what's wrong with her tits?
>>
What exactly did Cleopatra achieve besides jumping on every roman cock to deserve being a civ leader?
>>
>>344524736
With their dicks.
Have you seen that sexy animation? Complete with the tittie jiggle? Unf
>>
File: c4.jpg (36 KB, 377x478) Image search: [Google]
c4.jpg
36 KB, 377x478
Just going back to their roots. Civ V is literally the only game in the series that tried realistic artstyle and it starts aging like milk.
>>
>>344525285
She got popular, that it.
>>
>>344524736
Probably that stylization and ugly static backgrounds take less effort
>>
>>344525285
She tried to fuck romans over, that was a big deal at the time.
>>
>>344525285
Not much. Cleo's being used because everyone's heard of her.
>>
>>344524736
"This is much less work and runs well on mobile phones."
>>
>>344525329
The only real problem I have with the new artstyle is the decision to replace the leader's backdrop with a shitty painting. They could easily do the static images of vanilla civ V.
>>
File: Hatshepsut.jpg (37 KB, 318x382) Image search: [Google]
Hatshepsut.jpg
37 KB, 318x382
>>344524736
Looks like an improvement to me.
>>
>>344525285
Being female
>>
>>344525458
wow you're autistic
>>
>>344525285
She """"won"""" a civil war against her brother and the husband, the then current pharaoh, and by 'won', I of course mean that Julius Caesar did everything.

She used her vagina's power to control Mark Antony. It didn't quite work with Julius Caesar since JC is a based playa and Mark is a retarded brute. Although she failed in the long run, the fact is: its quite impressive how far she got and her influence played a major part in how history played out, even if it was the inverse effect she was going for.

What really pisses me off is that Firaxis supposedly made the claim that the reason Hitler will never be in these games is because he ultimately failed. Goes against the fact Cleo, Boudicca, and many others have been chosen.
>>
>>344525458
Yes, the leaders meeting you in their office or in rolling grassy hills or wherever was the most interesting thing about them for me. The lack of it was one of the things that made Alpha Centauri so lazy
>>
>>344525285
It's a classical example of a woman being given a much easier time over her failures. Her biggest 'achievement' was destroying Ptolemaic Egypt.
>>
>>344525650
SMAC leaders were a visual improvement on Civ II leaders tho. Why is everybody so quick to defend needlessly downgraded aspects?
>>
>>344525285
She used her vagina to gain power, wich is every woman dream.
>>
>>344526351
Using your vagina is the only way to gain power if you have nothing by default. The problem is, once she had it, she didn't do fuck with it.
>>
>>344525112
I personally like her huge sagging tits, just a shame the rest of her body looks weird by comparison
>>
i want to fucc an ancient egyptian pharaoh
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.