[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's almost been a year since MGS V was released. How would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
It's almost been a year since MGS V was released. How would you rank the game (GZ + TPP) against other Metal Gears? Is it your favorite? Does it make the Top 3? Does it even crack the Top 5? Or is it the worst one you've ever played?
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-10+at+05.27.04).jpg (29 KB, 538x131) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-10+at+05.27.04).jpg
29 KB, 538x131
I haven't played it since pic related, not the worst, but it's down there.
>>
Third place behind MGS 1 and 3.
>>
File: MGS Goes To Shit.png (619 KB, 966x536) Image search: [Google]
MGS Goes To Shit.png
619 KB, 966x536
Game would've been great if it was several areas as fleshed out as Camp Omega, and not some shitty open-world with bland, tiny based.

Not even going to bother with the story or pathetic excuse of a second chapter.
>>
My third favorite MGS desu senpai
>>
>>344522947

Same.

Replayed 4 after it, and enjoyed it much more.
>>
>>344522827
1 > 3 = 2 > V > 4 > PW
>>
Fucking dreadful/10

So many things that make MGSV amazing, even more things that make it beyond unbearable.
>>
It's shit.
>b-but muh gameplay
Fuckers should stop confusing game control to gameplay
Yeah, it plays alright, but the gameplay itself is repetitive and boring.
Story was a joke, even worse than MGS4, atleast that game tried to tie up loose ends, not create even more.
And no, it wasn't Konami's fault, Kojima had five years to make this game and he still fucked it all up.
>>
>>344522827
Red Faction Guerrilla: Tier. There is no rank.
>>
Second best as far as I'm concerned
Love the open world, love fucking around
Bonus points for making all of /v/ butthurt
>>
>>344522827
An Anon made a post asking people to re-login. I did it and received a lot of rewards. Now I have enough PF points to buy several good soldiers.

With the various updates, I can now catch a wild S-rank soldier at just about every base.

It feels good to fill my entire base with top ranking soldiers within a couple hours.
>>
Great game but didn't feel like a Metal Gear game and the last missions were pretty shit as you had to play earlier missions again.

Do we really need the same thread every day?
>>
3 >= 1 > 4 > 2 > V, with V still being fantastic despite what a few butthurt players may say.
>>
A million times better than either 4 or Shit Walker
Below the original trilogy
It gets a solid fourth
>>
3 > 1 > V > 2 > PW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4
>>
File: Moby Dick.png (933 KB, 640x1041) Image search: [Google]
Moby Dick.png
933 KB, 640x1041
>>344522827
It'd be stupid to tank MGS games on a linear axis.

TPP is incredible in some parts, better than any other of the series, but appaling in others where it can't even outperform PO.

But clearly it is the most memorable, whether the good or the bad parts.
>>
>>344523381
>But clearly it is the most memorable
Said no one ever, except you
>>
File: muh dragons.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
muh dragons.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
All these stupid faggots not even answering OP's question.
>>
>>344522947
>He stopped playing after defeating Sally
>>
I don't get why PW gets shit on. It was an excellent game for psp (even mroe when you played with a friend) and still a solid metal gear, unlike portable ops
>>
2==1>4>3>5>pw
I suppose I'm lucky in that I didn't play 2 as a kid so I'm not still butthurt that you play as raiden.
>>
File: mad frog.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
mad frog.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>>344522994
>>344523061
>>344523110
>>344523237
>>344523349
>>344523371
>/v/ defends V now
What happened?
>>
>>344523601
It's a good game and people have mostly gotten over being butthurt little faggots about it.
>>
>>344522827
GZ is too short to really rank, but if MGSV had been similar to that with a better story it would have been near the top. As it is MGSV sits around the bottom, it's good gameplay packaged in shit. Bad story, bad missions and chapter 2 is repetitive padding without an ending, it just isn't good and if Kojima didn't have a cult following it would have been shit on everywhere.
>>
>>344523429
Yet here we are talking about it, instead of talking about the memorable ones. Wait which ones are those?
>>
>>344522827
gameplaywise it's #2 (MGS4 is best)

storywise it's one of the weakest, followed only by piss walker, although that is mostly because the game and its story was unfinished, because otherwise I think this was kojimers most ambitious narrative since MGS2
>>
>>344522947

Same hours I put into it. Got to Africa and was completely bored with the game and dropped it. Haven't picked it up since.

Might give it another go sometime soon.
>>
>>344523073
degenerate.
>>
File: mgsvhours.png (46 KB, 495x82) Image search: [Google]
mgsvhours.png
46 KB, 495x82
Haven't played since march, I wonder what did they fix in MGO since then.
>>
I only like three Metal Gear games: MGS, MGS2, and Ghost Babel. Every time I want to try MGSV I stop and rethink my choice. I'm not a fan of openworld games and I kinda know the big plot twist at the end. Should I still play it?
>>
>>344524620
It's worth it for the gameplay alone. And while the open world is repetitive (but good the first times), during missions the free roaming scope is limited and more focused on objectives. Also graphics are nice, music is perfect... everything is nice.

Except the story.
>>
I can't decide between it and 4 as the worst in the series. Both are completely unnecessary and both are incredibly aggravating.
>>
I posted that I never really gave the series a chance in other thread (because of Rose). If this part was decent and relased on PC I could try it mayby. But it's still playstation exclusive, right?
>>
>>344523153
This did tie up some loose ends.
How Outer Heaven was made/how msf got disbanded, why Huey fucked off, why Solid and Liquid were trained by Miller and Adamska, the fate of Zero, a little explanation of the Patriots, not to mention Otacon and Liquid's familiarity with Metal Gear.
But it also kind of implies you killed Venom either in mg1 or 2, and if in 2 that you never actually saw BB till MGS4
>>
>>344526813
MGS V is multiplat. X360, Xbone, PS3, PS4 and PC.
>>
>>344522827
When mods fix all the difficulty issues, maybe ill play it.
>>
>>344528173
Nice, I can always steal it for now and pay in case it will trigger. Thanks.
>>
>>344522827

5 > 1 > 2 > 3 from what ive played. still enjoyed 3
>>
MGS games without Solid are shit 2bh
>>
3 > 1 > 2 > PW > Metal gear ac!d > 4 > Ghost babel >The line of failure > V > Portable ops > ac!d 2

I still enjoyed all of them deeply.
>>
>>344528463
>acid > acid 2
What the fuck?
>>
File: mgsv.png (100 KB, 526x125) Image search: [Google]
mgsv.png
100 KB, 526x125
>>344522947
>>
>>344526813
>>344528173

1 and 2 are on pc too
>>
>>344526456

the gameplay is fucking dogshit, snake eater is more fun to play than this turd, you are absurdly overpowered and enemies pose zero challenge, kill yourself
>>
>>344531048
It's true you are overpowered, and the game lacks challenge. So play it on PC, mod the game, and make all missions subsistence.
>>
File: 1365335862361.png (246 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1365335862361.png
246 KB, 500x421
This game is irrelevant while MGR exists
>>
Can somebody tell me in depth WHY os the story bad, if possible withouth spoilers? I just began playing it after avoiding the game for quite a while, and I do like the gameplay a lot, but I also love stories in my games. So far I'm really early. Why is it so bad?
>>
>>344531341
Completely irrelevant to the canon in the long run.

Adds PARASITES to the already annoying NANOMACHINES crap to explain all the supernatural stuff in other games.

Unnecesary, absurd retcons. For example, we are now to believe that Liquid and Mantis were childhood butt buddies.

Brings back characters, and does nothing interesting with them.

Characters behaving OOC.

The absolute worst villain in the series.
>>
>>344524571
Played MGO a few weeks ago, it's still garbage.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.