[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beat em ups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Shite.jpg (13 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Shite.jpg
13 KB, 210x240
why do people like this
>boring
>2EDGY4ME
>tits there for no reason
>button masher
> all you do is press the same button over again
i'm going to play something actually good DmC3/4
>>
>>344521479
post angry sphincter
>>
Thank god I bought the collectors edition, this cover is awful
>>
>>344521479
1&2 were good.

3 was trying to be serious.

4 looks like kratos is going to be raising his wife son like a sjw male feminist cuck
>>
>>344521479
>complains about tits
Haha nice thread you fucking homo. No wonder you can't handle GoW
>>
>>344522050
Did you ignore Ascension?
>>
>>344522834
tits are problematic
>>
>>344521479
game is good, do shut up dear.
>>
File: 1467506274678.jpg (196 KB, 450x426) Image search: [Google]
1467506274678.jpg
196 KB, 450x426
>>344521479
>DmC3/4
>DmC
>>
>>344521479
>all games should be the same
>>
>>344521479
Why do you need a reason for tits?
>>
>>344521479
>>tits there for no reason

Is there a worse, more butthurt, agenda influence shit opinion than this one?

And I mean for any game or film at all. The "tits/ass/sex/nudity/sexuality FOR NO REASON" Kek. There is a reason famo, maybe you just don't like the reason.
>>
>>344521479
pretty sure god of war 3 is only liked for its graphics, setpieces and gore
normies don't care about gameplay as long as it's simple and it works
>>
File: Square Square Square!.jpg (147 KB, 652x325) Image search: [Google]
Square Square Square!.jpg
147 KB, 652x325
>>344521479
>>
>>344522834
I bet you complain about fansevice in weeb games
>>
Level design is still leaps and bounds better than 4
>>
>>344525581

Why do autistic DMC faggots keep bringing that up. Does anything seriously think people play GoW for the combat?

I tried DMC and the level design was shit, everything was shit except for combat. GoW has fantastic level design, lots of scale, the puzzles are fun and interesting, story and characters are decent and combat is fun enough for what it is.

It's like shiting all over Dues Ex because the shooting mechanics are nowhere near as good as Doom or FEAR. The shooting was never the main draw of focus in Dues Ex. The hack n slash combat is not the main focus of GoW. Think of it like a platformer adventure hybrid game, the combat in a platformer is always simple right because it's just a small element of a larger thing, that is GoW, it has simple hack n slash mechanics to keep combat interesting enough while you explore around ancient greece in huge temples and deserts and all that shit.

God of War is a fucking amazing game. DMC is a combo autism simulator. I tried DMC 1 and DMC4 and could not get into either of them. It's a completely different thing. 2 different audiences entirely. If you like DMC, you wont like GOW. If you like GOW, you probably wont be interested in DMC. Now fuck off.
>>
Maybe the new cinematic GoW would be more to your liking
>>
>>344526827
>Maybe the new cinematic GoW would be more to your liking
God of War has always been cinematic normie bait. It's the dudebro tier game of the beat em' up genre.

Don't get me wrong, they are really well made games, but you're fucking delusional if you think the new game is going for an entirely new thing. It's the logical conclusion to what started 11 years ago.
>>
>>344526212
That's Ryu from Ninja Gaiden you autist.
>>
>>344527273
>God of War has always been cinematic normie bait

You say that but I just replayed GoW 1 yesterday and it has zero cinematic moments, just a core gameplay loop of fighting, jumping and climbing that it applies to a variety of different situations. The few sparse cutscenes aside GoW 1 is about as true to being a video game as it gets.
>>
>>344527386

I know that you faggot. But the point is that most people shitting on GOW are comparing it to DMC.
>>
>>344521479

God of War is one of those franchises that has always been consistently OK. Nothing about it really excels but it's a fun ride. I'm happy to spend $10 on one.
>>
>>344527447
>The few sparse cutscenes aside

Oh and admittedly the boss QTEs. QTEs are retarded but against normal monsters any QTE is optional and provides a """""tactical""""" decision.
>>
>>344527447
>zero cinematic moments
I played it three weeks ago and the Athenes level is filled with wow factor inducing cinematic moment.
>That camera tracking when climbing a ladder showing the destruction of Athenes
>That camera tracking when clinging to the wall showing the battle behind
>That Ares Reveal
>Them QTEs

Seriously now, you should be paying attention.
>>
>>344527763
Camera swings aren't cinematic to me, bullshit setpieces and prebaked animations during which you lose control of your characters are.
>>
>>344527763

None of these take away from the game.

When people complain about cinematic moments being shit, it's when it literally stops the game to act like a fucking film. GOW rarely does this. It just pans the camera around as you climb so you get a cool view of things as you walk around. Gameplay is never interupted for the purpose of being cinematic.

Same with the QTE's. Almost all of the time they are optional, and when you do it they go to the effort of making the button presses feel like they are relevant to what Kratos is doing on screen anyways to keep the gameplay immersion up. GOW is actually really good with remaining a game while feeling cinematic at the same time, it's a shame other games didn't learn from it.
>>
>>344527895
It's all about presentation. Go play it again and pay attention to how the game gives you information about what is happening.
Also
>bullshit setpieces
>prebaked animations during which you lose control of your characters
GoW is filled with those.
>>
File: 1359915776226.gif (220 KB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
1359915776226.gif
220 KB, 180x135
>>344521479
>needing a reason for a pair of tits
>>
God of war 1 and 2 are still some of the best I've played.
And in god/titan difficulties they are legit hard in some sections.
>>
>>344528128
I am aware of camera panning in the game but it's stupid to call that cinematic when cinematic is meant to be pejorative like in the recent one where you can't go five steps without some special snowflake animation happening that they try to incorporate into the gameplay. You could just as well deride Shadow of the Colossus for slowly moving your view of the landscape during riding sections.

>GoW is filled with those.
Not the first one? Which was my point. Aside from boss QTEs which are really stupid because you're forced to do them, all it has is story cutscenes and a camera moving through the room upon entering it to show you what your objective is, which is completely normal even for games like DMC.
>>
>>344528070
But they are and always have been cinematic games. When someone says that he prefers DMC or Ninja Gaiden to God of War, telling them that "the new cinematic GoW might be more their thing" makes absolutely no fucking sense.
>>
>>344528526

I wasn't the guy who said they might like the new cinematic TLOU clone.

But there is a point of confusion here. GoW 1-3 are indeed cinematic, but they are cinematic in a different way to modern "cinematic" games. When people shit on how games being cinematic is bad, it's because the game being cinematic is taking away from the gameplay, it's taking away from the game being a game.

GoW is cinematic but in a completely different way. It's cinematic like classic Resident Evil is cinematic. It has camera angles, panning shots and nice vista's and mise en scene and all that. But it's still a game. It's a perfect blend of cinema in a game that doesn't overstep it's boundaries to the point that it negatively impacts the game. You are almost always able to control Kratos weather the camera is panning or still.

God of War was cinematic before cinematic became a thing in games, so it was implemented in a natural, supplementary way that added to the gameplay, instead of the cancerous detractory way that modern games have their cinematics shoehorned in over the top of the gameplay, instead of having them side by side.
>>
>>344528476
>it's stupid to call that cinematic when cinematic is meant to be pejorative
God of War has always been described as cinematic. Just because /v/irgins ascribe a different meaning to the term doesn't mean it's right.

>Not the first one? Which was my point
I'll give you the fact that they are not as common and not as required unlike other games in the american beat em' genre (like fucking force unleashed), but they still exist in the game in a capacity greater than in DMC and NG.
>>
>>344528837
My original point was akin to this
>When someone says that he prefers DMC or Ninja Gaiden to God of War, telling them that "the new cinematic GoW might be more their thing" makes absolutely no fucking sense.

I don't disagree with the base of what you are saying, but the new God of War still feels like it's the logical conclusion of what was started 11 years ago. It's the result of the widening appeal of video games.

The fighting system was never really the focus, the presentation was. The new GoW game seems to push itself further into that mindset.
>>
>>344528936
>but they still exist in the game in a capacity greater than in DMC and NG

Sure but that's not "filled with". And let's not forget how unbelievably cutscene happy DMC or Bayonetta are in comparison. The term cinematic has been in contention for quite a while now and as >>344528837 said there is the kind that detracts from gameplay and there is the kind that doesn't. You're making it too easy on yourself saying that cinematic always means the same or that GoW was working towards how 4 looks as if it had contempt for it's player from the beginning of the franchise.
>>
>>344529239

I will agree with you that overall presentation was a bigger focus than combat mechanics.

Maybe it is a logical conclusion of a big presentation and SSM are just following trends like Naughty Dog do, and the current situation of gaming has made SSM change their standards or vision.

But you can't say the way the new GoW is cinematic is the same way the old GoW was cinematic. This new one looks like it will be intrusively cinematic. That was never a part of GoW.

I don't really think it's a true logical conclusion, I think it's just a modern corruption of the ideas of what made a GoW game. It's decadent. The meanings have changed, so now the product has changed. Cinematic in 2005 is not what cinematic is in 2016.
>>
>>344521479
You answered yourself.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.