[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://store.steampowered.com//eula /371660_eula_1 >CERTA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: Denuvo_logo.png (23 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Denuvo_logo.png
23 KB, 620x320
http://store.steampowered.com//eula/371660_eula_1
>CERTAIN FILES OF THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY MAY REMAIN EVEN AFTER THE PRODUCT IS UNINSTALLED FROM YOUR COMPUTER.
This is indefensible. That paying customers has to be subjected to this kind of trash is truly insulting.
>>
>>344521316
Just remove them??
>>
>>344521316
What loser reads the EULA?
>>
>using kikedows
>>
>>344521316
>support draconic DRM
>get fucked up the ass

They enjoy it, let them be.
They probably weren't around when SecuRom was destroying DVD drives left and right.
>>
>CERTAIN FILES OF THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY MAY REMAIN
I don't back Denuvo, but shit nigga how illetarate are you? Literally ANY program leaves some trash behind even if you uninstall it.
>>
>>344522042
>SecuRom was destroying DVD drives
Yeah, destroying DVD drives, deleting your vacation pictures, raping children and was the main cause why was Bush elected.
>>
>>344521316
>sacrificing freedumbs for video game addiction
It'll only get worse as they get away with more
>>
>>344522296
>upset Denuvo shill spotted

How many rupees do you get for shitposting here, Pajeet?
>>
File: 1464097450029.webm (2 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1464097450029.webm
2 MB, 852x480
>mfw Denuvo will be Steam-wide
GOG save us all
>>
>>344522496
How me making fun of you spouting bullshit about SecuROM makes me Denuvo shill? Explain this thought process to me please.
>>
>>344522535
dosnt Denuvo have to be integrated on the developer side?
>>
>>344522634
Tell that to my DVD drive which was broken after installing Far Cry 2, you faggot.
>>
>>344521316

Well yea that means if you reinstall someday, denuvo will already know that you're not a filthy pirate

Well not like it matters given denuvo is about to be blown apart by crackers.
>>
>>344522780
And what was wrong with it my dear computer illiterate gentleman?
>>
I actually really want to buy Doom and Fractured But Whole. But I am really anxious about denuvo and do not want that shit infesting my system. It's shady as fuck and since he software from begin with is built to persecute anyone it does not agree with, I see no reason for why I should trust it. It does not have my best interest at heart, even if I pay for it.
>>
There's no reason to panic yet. When Neptunia gets Denuvo then we'll panic.
>>
>>344522821
It was broken, didn't respond on any PC I tired it on, you illiterate poo-in-loo.
>>
>>344522042
>Draconic
No wonder you cant get a job to actually buy games
>>
>>344523079
>It was broken
You already said that. Which part of it was fucked up?
>>
>>344523231
The bytes
>>
>>344522828
Then don't buy them
It's that simple
>>
I bet OP has Windows yet cries about something like this
>>
>>344523231
How the fuck should I know, I don't have exerience in DVD drive firmware and electronics.
>>
>>344523405
If that's the case then how do you know it was broken?
>>
>>344523498
>didn't respond on any PC I tired it on

Learn to read.
>>
>>344521316
They can legally make you a bot net
>>
This is why I don't feel bad buying from key shops. Treat me like a criminal, then I may as well financially support criminals directly.
>>
>>344523552
How do you know you've connected it properly?
>>
>>344524034
I know you indian troubleshoot monkeys are dense but connecting a USB plug isn't rocket science.
>>
>>344523860
>They can legally make you a bot net
About that.
>IN NO EVENT SHALL UBISOFT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPONENTS THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER BY ANY DRM SOFTWARE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY.
>>
I don't actually know why it says that. Last I checked, Denuvo is self-contained and linkfiled. It would be weakened very considerably if that were not the case. It doesn't overwrite itself anymore either, but recompiles the image in memory before running it (it's not a bytecode interpreter, but a mostly ahead-of-time JIT for the hook functions).

>>344523231
Usually the lens actuator voice coil, because SecuROM asked the firmware to repeatedly seek to close tracks and read data to disable the read cache, a bit like EAC does for Secure Mode DAE. Otherwise it'd get cached data, instead of the variations it was expecting to get (Dungeon Master style).

Kind of a blast from the past - it was more or less some old-school floppy disk Rob Northen style twin sector shit applied to CDs.

The other way those protections commonly caused drives to "fail" was because they'd install upper and lower filter drivers that they would forget to unlink when the game was uninstalled, so they had a tendency to leave the driver stack in a broken state.
>>
Just like your game saves and configs.
Some files and folders can remain (in AppData particulary).
Registry entries remains most of the time.

So really nothing chocking, you autistic fuck.
>>
You're an idiot. No program removes all of their files. Most of them don't even bother to clear out their registry keys.
>>
>>344522231
Only bad software leaves trash behind
>>
>>344524383
>install upper and lower filter drivers that they would forget to unlink
In the case of XCP that was intentional.
>>
>>344521316
A lot of programs do this, so the whole leaving files behind bit is pointless. More important part is to find out what those 'certain files' are.
>>
>>344524159
Calm down man
>>
proving once again that DRM fucks over paying customers
fucking jews
>>
>>344521316
>dosent know how to use his computer
Hi consolefag.
>>
>denuvo fangays will defend this

3. ACCESS TO THE PRODUCT

3.1 THE PRODUCT IS PROTECTED BY DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (“DRM SOFTWARE”) AND DENUVO ANTI-TAMPER PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY (“ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY”).

YOU HEREBY AGREE, ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT TO THE FOLLOWING REGARDING THE DRM SOFTWARE:

(I) THE INSTALLATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL CAUSE THE DRM SOFTWARE TO BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER;

(II) THE DRM SOFTWARE MAY LIMIT THE NUMBER OF INSTALLATIONS OF THE PRODUCT;

(III) THE DRM SOFTWARE MAY INSTALL ON YOUR COMPUTER ADDITIONAL COMPONENTS REQUIRED FOR COPY PROTECTION;

(IV) DURING THE INSTALLATION AND/OR THE FIRST LAUNCH OF THE PRODUCT, AN ONLINE CONNECTION MAY BE REQUIRED TO UNLOCK THE PRODUCT THROUGH THE DRM SOFTWARE AND

(V) CERTAIN FILES OF THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY MAY REMAIN EVEN AFTER THE PRODUCT IS UNINSTALLED FROM YOUR COMPUTER.
>>
>>344527576

a. Why does it matter?
b. If it matters, why can't you just uninstall the files manually?
>>
>>344522771
it does, takes 1-2 weeks implementing it depending on the game
>>
>>344521316
unless the files are several GB, who gives a shit
>>
>>344527576
>SONY DID NOTHING WRONG....

>I HAVE TO PUT ALL CAPS... BECAUSE CRUISE CONTROL OF COOL...
>>
>>344527971

its copy-paste from the eula you literal niglet
>>
>>344525291
>A lot of programs do this, so the whole leaving files behind bit is pointless.
When a program that is made to service me leaves behind some trash after itself it doesn't really bother me much.
When a program is made to police and persecute anyone it deems to be the enemy, while infringing on my rights, leaves behind files on my computer. Then that leaves me concerned.

Sure it could admittedly be some legitimate trash files that do nothing. But it could also be something to execute a response protocol of some kind of if you ever find yourself in a blacklist of some kind in the future for whatever the reason, or it might even be files built to place you on that blacklist if it ever deems that you should be placed on such a thing.

You can yell tinfoil at me and it's true that nothing of this is certain. But that's part of the problem, software like denuvo is legitimately disingenuous and obscured by designed, and the fact that bullshit like above is well within their power while also being something that coincides with their agenda is scary enough. It's true that there is no definite proof that they are or can screw over customers to this degree, but there is absolutely no evidence claiming otherwise either and instead everything points towards their ability to being able to do so if they so wanted. Why would you trust anyone like that?

If you legitimately bought a legitimate product, you shouldn't be treated like a criminal on parole with a tendency for crime.
>>
>>344527728
I work in IT. It usually means that even if you run an uninstaller, it still leaves data in directories and in the registry. Now that's what I call shitty coding / privacy practices.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>344528428
>as IT...
>dosent know that half of the existing software leaves reg data
>>
>>344521316
Okay? Certain files still remain on your computer when you uninstall anything like 90% of the time.
>>
>(III) THE DRM SOFTWARE MAY INSTALL ON YOUR COMPUTER ADDITIONAL COMPONENTS REQUIRED FOR COPY PROTECTION;

what exactly tho
>>
>>344528713
We can't say. It has to be kept a secret to deter the evil, evil pirates, I hope you understand. ;^)

You filthy pirate though are you? You aren't a criminal? If you aren't a lowly thief then it shouldn't concern you should it?
Now install our totally fair and not harmful software and don't ask anymore questions. Only a criminal would question us after all and that's not you is it? ;^)
>>
>play game with denuvo
>finish it
>uninstall it
>nothing is different

Whoooooa.
>>
File: 1413208087657.jpg (26 KB, 415x334) Image search: [Google]
1413208087657.jpg
26 KB, 415x334
>>344528883
>pirates installing legit games at all
>>
>>344528883

b-but i'm not a c-c-criminal

IM A PAYING CUSTOMER WITH A GRADE A+++ PREPURCHASING HISTORY

I DEMAND ANSWERS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WOULDN'T INSTALL MALWARE CAMOFLAGUED AS DENUVO DRM ON MY PC THAT HOME CALLS EVERY NOW AND THEN WOULD YOU ?????
>>
>>344529269
>>nothing is different
Is what they want you to think.
>>
>>344527821
That any developer/publisher would ever invest in denuvo is beyond me.
Do they honestly think piracy is hurting them that bad? The statistics for games with denuvo hasn't exactly been stellar.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.